Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Hall of Fame

St Agnes won div 3 and div 2 on the bounce in about 2002/03 I think. Won the League cup in both of those years as well I think, and lost to arguably one of the best FHL sides of the past 10 years - Holmans - in the final of the Percy Stephens.

With Kevin Swankie scoring over 140 goals in those 2 years!

certainly were, we used to have some right battles against you lot!

Cup final at Falmouth being one! we battered you in the first half going in 3-0 at half time, then you came back to 3-2 with Steve Owen missing a penalty that was saved by our stand in keeper!

good times they were, kicked shit out of each other for 90 minutes, your lot on the sidelines going mad at every decision, then all shaking hands at the end, like it should be!

I think it was 2004/2005 I played for Truro 3rds in FHFL 3 - my first season in cornish football and they won the league and league cup? not sure on the league cup bit as ther are many cups in FHFL.

I was a centre forward back then with a youthful Truro side that included, Jason and Adam Peters (still at Truro), Liam Street (St Agnes) to name a few.

:D

I think it was 2004/2005 I played for Truro 3rds in FHFL 3 - my first season in cornish football and they won the league and league cup? not sure on the league cup bit as ther are many cups in FHFL.

I was a centre forward back then with a youthful Truro side that included, Jason and Adam Peters (still at Truro), Liam Street (St Agnes) to name a few.

LOL no offence jtw but i remember seeing u as a centre forward!! all I will say is you are a much better defender than you are a striker!! :P :thumbsup:

LOL no offence jtw but i remember seeing u as a centre forward!! all I will say is you are a much better defender than you are a striker!! :P:thumbsup:

Unfortunatley I must agree!! ha ha - Perran found my best position but I got away with it for a year! ha ha

:lol:

Darren, what ever happened to Kevin Swankie?? Was a bit of a loose cannon but a awesome player!! Few memorys of him, kicking our centre back black and blue in a cup semi i think at Wendron , in the same game there was a drop ball and he launched it over to the far end of the cricket field!!! Also had a few drinks with him in L2 once and lets say i was slightly hungover the next day, dam Scottish!!!!

Deano, the lad was nuts!! if he went one on one with the keeper, we didn't bother on moving cos we knew it would be in! I know if was only FHL 2 and 3 but I would put him up there with Justin Andrew as one of the best finishers I've played with. He turned up at Stithians one year after the SAS ball, still hammered and god knows what, scored twice and both were great goals!! He played in a semi final at Wendron once with a cast on his broken arm, ref wouldn't let him play, so he ripped it off!!!

but yeah, completely nuts!! he dissappeared back up north after getting in a bit of bova down here!!!

Other Deano, yeah, we used to have some battles, but we always came out on top until you beat us at our place after extra time or something! superb stuff!

At Holmans we won FHL 1 02,03,04 Percy Stephens 02,03. Think we won the Lockhart cup in there too somewhere. As well as the Junior Cup Western Section 04. West Section Runners Up 03. and Overall runners up 04 to Morwenstow who played in a senior league! (missed this due to smashed leg!!)

Fond Memories especially Percy Stephens 03 and West Section Junior Cup Final 04, unfortunately St Darren was on the losing side in both games. I remember we out played St Agnes in the 03 Percy Stephens Final but we're extremely fortunate to win the West Junior Cup 04 against them with 10 men after Ian Goodyear was sent off.

Great team to have played in! Loved it

ah you thumped us at Penryn in that Final. But the Junior Cup one was different, we battled, Holmans were by far the best team I'd seen at that level, Bren Davey, Ruler, Boo, Buckley, Buckley, Paps and Healan up front, and then the evergreen Edwards being rolled around in a wheelchair!! was gutted after that final and couldn't walk for days either cos I was so knackered!

At Holmans we won FHL 1 02,03,04 Percy Stephens 02,03. Think we won the Lockhart cup in there too somewhere. As well as the Junior Cup Western Section 04. West Section Runners Up 03. and Overall runners up 04 to Morwenstow who played in a senior league! (missed this due to smashed leg!!)

Fond Memories especially Percy Stephens 03 and West Section Junior Cup Final 04, unfortunately St Darren was on the losing side in both games. I remember we out played St Agnes in the 03 Percy Stephens Final but we're extremely fortunate to win the West Junior Cup 04 against them with 10 men after Ian Goodyear was sent off.

Great team to have played in! Loved it

Yes Gareth i remember that break oww!! you where having a great season mate and you where a class act on the pitch not off it lol. Yeh what a side that was i was fortunate to play in it and play in the junior cup final against that senior side still don't know how they got into the junior cup????

I enjoyed playing in the successful Holmans side with some great players such as K Rule, B Davey, my Bros, I goodyear, Pappsy and many others, this side would still be winning that league if all at their prime fantastic side i was very fortunate to be involved.

ah you thumped us at Penryn in that Final. But the Junior Cup one was different, we battled, Holmans were by far the best team I'd seen at that level, Bren Davey, Ruler, Boo, Buckley, Buckley, Paps and Healan up front, and then the evergreen Edwards being rolled around in a wheelchair!! was gutted after that final and couldn't walk for days either cos I was so knackered!

Buckley , Buckley and Buckley!! lol there where three Alan in goal me at centre half and jason in midfield, i remember my bro in goal making two cracking saves to keep us in it that st agnes side was a cracker pushed us all the way.

see you on the golf course soon mate.

I think you gave me a backhanded compliment there Daz but you were a ***** on and off the pitch! Just kidding mate, It was a pleasure playing with you.

Have Jason or Brendon cheered up yet tho lol!

come on Gareth they will always be the same those too jason is to be a dad again just heard yesterday he made me laugh last year he said Rhiana is daughter is always moaning!!! (wonder where she gets that from!! lol) see you araound mate your ageing friend Dazza

I was trying to remember who the other man of the back 3 was! forgot you were playing in that as well.

Will do mate when the weather gets better!

yeh great mate love to have a game still got your e-mail address and of course i am the better footballer than my bros!! lol

As was being discussed earlier, morwenstow were in the junior cup in 2004 although being a 'senior' side because they played in the north devon league which was called senior although this was the same standard as cornwalls junior leagues.

North devon clubs who play in the north devon PREMIER league are of senior status.

North devon clubs who play in the north devon Senior league are of junior status (best league)

North devon clubs who play in the north devon intermediate league are of junior status (2nd best league)