Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League 7/11 results

Mining 2

Mount Ambrose 5 - 2 St Agnes (h/t 1-0)

A suprisingly good game played in awfull conditions at times but both teams tried to play football and all credit to St Agnes who even at 5-0 down kept goin right to the end and scored two in the last 5 mins

And a mention to our ref today who was superb filling in at short notice controlled the game well and allways had a smile on his face top job done

Great performance from us today in difficult conditions.....somehow knew it was going to be a good day after we scored withing about 10 seconds of the start...after that we didnt score until about 30 minutes & went in 0-5 at halftime.

Second half 'druth had quite a lot of possesion but didnt really create much but fair play to the guys that played until the final whistle....some good performances from the druth centre halves, Mcabe & the other guy & not forgetting my old mate Sammo who caused some awkward moments with his flick ons but other than that & comfortable win. Oh Sammo I didnt handle it in the box mate I'm sure of that.

Goal scorers

G Pitt 2

J Jones 4

A Callaoway 2

R Treloar 3

D Thomas 1 - big Denver with a screamer for full back.......I was there the day Dever scored.... :lol:

Praze 2 - 1 Redruth Utd 2nds.

Good game considering the weather. Praze by far the better side when keeping the ball on the floor. However, Redruth very strong and won everything in the air. Due to the conditions, could of gone either way....

Well ref'd by Chrissy Dengler who is available most Saturdays if required. Quality ref but hasn't done his courses recently so can't be officially given fixtures...... shame when there is a shortage of ref's and he is good enough for any standard.

Mining 3

Newlyn 3 - St Buryan 1

In a word. Gutted!

Went at them played good stuff for 10/15 min, then they scored. With our heads down it seemed like we were playing against ourselves (and the friggin wind!!!!! :angry: ) as we couldn't get a touch on chuff all. Not taking it away from them but we were crud!

We had shocker for second as a shout was heard on a corner but no one dealt with it only for the old boy to poke it home. With no ref some of the decisions were woeful and dubious, but then they still went on and got another as we were pressing so much. Ours came from Jack our left back with a great finish all be it far to late :( .

Need to sort it out lads as the table's not looking good :unsure: .

Gulval Res 8 v 3 Goonhavern

The pitch and conditions were not ideal for a game of football for the purist, the grass was very long and the wind was gusting.Gulval opened the scoring after 10 mins, a through ball poked past the Goonhavern defence with Phil Harvey beating the offside trap to round the keeper and score. The second goal was not long coming,a speculative ball by wattsy seemed to elude everyone except chas pearce who placed it past the on coming keeper. Goonhavern worked hard, making a few good chances, but they found the Gulval keeper in fine form, denying them with some good saves.Gulval kept pressing, their reward coming after Mocky turned the right back inside out to provide a sweet cross for Phil to leap above the centre backs and nod home. 10 mins before h/t goonhavern were awarded a free kick , the ball was floated in to the box, their centre forward ghosted in to score :angry2:

H/T 3-1

The 2nd half continued much the same as the 1st. Substitutions were made, with parky going up top for us. It was not long before gulval scored again, chas pearce shooting, only for the keeper to let it slip through his hands and in to the net. Nigel cluer at the back for gulval was thwarting goonhaverns advances. Chas pearce found himself in the 18 yard box, worked an opening and scored. He then turned provider for phil harvey to score his hat trick. Goonhavern replied, with a sub breaking the offside trap :glare: .Parky added 2 more for gulval before goonhaverns sub ( the same one) scissor kicked a late goal. Good game considering the conditions, goonhavern nice bunch of lads, good luck for the rest of the season! :smiley20:

Well reffed by our guy Rhondda Mitchell, fair and unbiased :clapper: ( what do goonhavern think?)

Scorers for Gulval..... Chas pearce 3, Phil Harvey 3 and Chris Parkinson 2

Guest Postie Pidge

MINING LEAGUE DIVISION 3

L 07/11/09 Gulval Reserves 8 - 3 Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

L 07/11/09 Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 3 - 1 St Buryan Reserves

L 07/11/09 Praze-An-Beeble 2 - 1 Redruth United Reserves

L 07/11/09 Rosudgeon 5 - 1 Madron Reserves

L 07/11/09 Trevenson United Reserves 3 - 1 Marazion Blues

L 07/11/09 Wendron United 3 - 6 St Ives Mariners

The pitch and conditions were not ideal for a game of football for the purist, the grass was very long and the wind was gusting.Gulval opened the scoring after 10 mins, a through ball poked past the Goonhavern defence with Phil Harvey beating the offside trap to round the keeper and score. The second goal was not long coming,a speculative ball by wattsy seemed to elude everyone except chas pearce who placed it past the on coming keeper. Goonhavern worked hard, making a few good chances, but they found the Gulval keeper in fine form, denying them with some good saves.Gulval kept pressing, their reward coming after Mocky turned the right back inside out to provide a sweet cross for Phil to leap above the centre backs and nod home. 10 mins before h/t goonhavern were awarded a free kick , the ball was floated in to the box, their centre forward ghosted in to score :angry2:

H/T 3-1

The 2nd half continued much the same as the 1st. Substitutions were made, with parky going up top for us. It was not long before gulval scored again, chas pearce shooting, only for the keeper to let it slip through his hands and in to the net. Nigel cluer at the back for gulval was thwarting goonhaverns advances. Chas pearce found himself in the 18 yard box, worked an opening and scored. He then turned provider for phil harvey to score his hat trick. Goonhavern replied, with a sub breaking the offside trap :glare: .Parky added 2 more for gulval before goonhaverns sub ( the same one) scissor kicked a late goal. Good game considering the conditions, goonhavern nice bunch of lads, good luck for the rest of the season! :smiley20:

Well reffed by our guy Rhondda Mitchell, fair and unbiased :clapper: ( what do goonhavern think?)

fair assesment of the game....after our little unbeaten run..never really handled the long ball over the top...and Gulval played the pitch and weather conditions perfectly.....just a one off day...that we're going to forget and move on....going 3-0 nil down after 15 minutes meant we were always going to play catch up...and some chances went begging all game...for both sides and could of easily been a lot bigger scoreline.....Gulval's stand-in ref did a great job and had no complaints....good luck to Gulval for the rest of the season and hopefully we will learn for the return at Reen Manor.....Goal Scorers for Goonhavern were Mike (2) & Andy Mills.

H/T 3-1

I'd have to agree with above, we didn't turn up today, after the recent form we have been in we should have put up more of a fight!! :angry2: , but hey well done to gulvul, great bunch of lads and their manager was a spot on as stand in ref, totally fair and unbiased, good luck for rest of season except when you come to us of course. lol.

Mining League Div. 1

Robartes 4 .v. Trevenson Utd. 0

From what I was told this was a hard fought 3 points for Robartes. Trevenson having a lions share of possession but just couldn't hit the back of the net. Mikey Catterell having the pick of Robartes goals. Look forward to his comments.

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd Res. 3 .v. Marazion Blues 1

Tough conditions and a pitch that cut up as the game went on turned this into a bit of a battle but both sides tried their best to play football. Three games, three wins and only conceded 2 goals since our wake up call against Gulval Res a few weeks ago and we have them at their place next Saturday. Marazion struck first as we took our time to get going following some changes. A free kick on the edge of the box found the bottom corner of the net eluding a despairing sliding dive from stand in 'keeper Kenny. This goal along with a rollicking from the captain ( aimed at one player in particular! ) fired us up and Shaun Wilkins turned in a man of the match performance in the middle of the park and got us an equaliser. Our defence today restricted Marazion to basically their 1 goal and some corners. We seem to be reaping the benefits of having Darren Copeland at the back putting himself about instead of up front getting in the way!!

Second half saw Marazion have a real go at us and they were helped along as the wind picked up to assist their attacks but we held firm and were rewarded when Robbie Bailey got some time on the ball just inside Marazion's half and rather than hit a six yard pass into feet, wellied the ball goalwards and was the most surprised man on the pitch when it lobbed the 'keeper and hit the back of the net! Marazion kept plugging away despite this, gaining confidence from having a lot of possession and space was really starting to open up as legs tired. But the Trevenson defence wasn't really tested and we managed to hit a third through Nathan Watling and see the game out comfortably. All the best to Marazion for the rest of the season, I was talking to their striker who said they are struggling to get players for a Saturday afternoon despite big numbers at training, hopefully they'll sort themselves out.

MINING LEAGUE DIV 1

RESULT.

SENNEN 1 V CHACEWATER 1

DIRE CONDITIONS.MATCH CONTROLLED BY THE WEATHER....AWFUL!!

FAIR RESULT IN THE END,BOTH SIDES DID THEIR BEST IN THE CONDITIONS..

BOTH GOALS SCORED THOUGH AGAINST THE WIND?? CHACEWATR WENT 1-0 AT HALF-TIME,GOOD GOAL FROM THEIR PLAYER SHOT LOW IN OFF THE POST.

SENNEN RALLIED IN THE SECOND HALF..PAUL ANGOVE SCORING FOR SENNEN :clapper: ..MIDWAY THROUGH THE SECOND HALF..

WELL REFFED BY NEIL HARVEY.....

ALL THE BEST TO CHACEWATER,FOR THE SEASON....SEE YOU ON THE RETURN FIXTURE..

Mining League Div. 1

Robartes 4 .v. Trevenson Utd. 0

From what I was told this was a hard fought 3 points for Robartes. Trevenson having a lions share of possession but just couldn't hit the back of the net. Mikey Catterell having the pick of Robartes goals. Look forward to his comments.

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd Res. 3 .v. Marazion Blues 1

Tough conditions and a pitch that cut up as the game went on turned this into a bit of a battle but both sides tried their best to play football. Three games, three wins and only conceded 2 goals since our wake up call against Gulval Res a few weeks ago and we have them at their place next Saturday. Marazion struck first as we took our time to get going following some changes. A free kick on the edge of the box found the bottom corner of the net eluding a despairing sliding dive from stand in 'keeper Kenny. This goal along with a rollicking from the captain ( aimed at one player in particular! ) fired us up and Shaun Wilkins turned in a man of the match performance in the middle of the park and got us an equaliser. Our defence today restricted Marazion to basically their 1 goal and some corners. We seem to be reaping the benefits of having Darren Copeland at the back putting himself about instead of up front getting in the way!!

Second half saw Marazion have a real go at us and they were helped along as the wind picked up to assist their attacks but we held firm and were rewarded when Robbie Bailey got some time on the ball just inside Marazion's half and rather than hit a six yard pass into feet, wellied the ball goalwards and was the most surprised man on the pitch when it lobbed the 'keeper and hit the back of the net! Marazion kept plugging away despite this, gaining confidence from having a lot of possession and space was really starting to open up as legs tired. But the Trevenson defence wasn't really tested and we managed to hit a third through Nathan Watling and see the game out comfortably. All the best to Marazion for the rest of the season, I was talking to their striker who said they are struggling to get players for a Saturday afternoon despite big numbers at training, hopefully they'll sort themselves out.

Was a good game by both sides. But With Robartes going in at half time with a comfortable 2-0 lead,Came out second half and took the early pressure Trevenson threw at us. With some odd changes from Trevenson,Taking off who i thought was your main goal threat within 15 mins of the second half. And in the last 20 Robartes Pushed on with more good football and grabbed 2 more good goals. Good Game all round!! Good luck for the rest of the season Trevenson!!

Guest mikey catterall

robartes vs trevenson

i enjoyed yesterdays game haveing played with a number of trevesons current players and manager all top blokes very wet and windy but both teams got the ball down and try to play football and some crunching tackles going in u got alot of good players in that side and a good manager i personaly wish all at trevenson fc the best of luck for the season :thumbsup:

Mining 3

Rosudgeon Res 5 Madron 1

Att: 3 men, 2 dogs and 1 cow in the other field.

Terrible conditions with the weather blowing a hoolie all afternoon,First half the much improved Madron side could have come in 3-4.0 up,But as it was due to woefull finishing it was just 0.1 after Madron converted a penalty quite close to half time.

After re-grouping at the break Rosudgeon came out second-half and dictated the game.Matt Johns levelled the game,then Jozzie 'Bent' made it 2.1,Matt made it 3.1 straight from a corner.

'Geordie' Dean made his long awaited return in the 2nd half after a 10 week absence from injury,And tucked away a penalty after great work from Jozzie.4.1.

Then it was the Geordie show as he took on half the Madron side then in the box the ball fell to Jozzie to tuck away a simple finish 5.1.

Fair play to Madron they have really toughend up and look a better outfit than the last time we played.

But as for Rosudgeon we go on to next week,With a squad fighting for places and a really good team spirit.

Man of the match: Jake Andrews,A real class act never stopped working for the team.And real joy to be around.

Donkey of the week:OLD MAN JASON.

(Say no more) ;)

Would just like to say welcome home to Tony Adams who returned to the club on saturday,I know i'm speaking for everyone at the club when i say 'it's a pleasure to have you back'

Guest lammy1964

Was a good game by both sides. But With Robartes going in at half time with a comfortable 2-0 lead,Came out second half and took the early pressure Trevenson threw at us. With some odd changes from Trevenson,Taking off who i thought was your main goal threat within 15 mins of the second half. And in the last 20 Robartes Pushed on with more good football and grabbed 2 more good goals. Good Game all round!! Good luck for the rest of the season Trevenson!!

hi stroker..

i was at the game you are talking about and i have to say i cant understand what you mean by "odd" changes, as i could see it the main goal threat as you refer to him had run out of steam due to him running his legs off in the first half, so the decision to replace him with a fresh pair of legs was clearly a sensible one, take it from me, i used to manage teams myself although nowdays i just go and watch many local games, and from a managers point of veiw ,i feel this decision was spot on and i would have made the same decision, i feel there is a new found spark in the team and ok, they may have lost, but this was undeserved from what i saw and i reckon trevenson are a quality side and were the better side but just didnt finish their chances. i watched them at the begining of the season and i cannot believe the change in the side,this i feel is due to the manager bringing in a lot of quality new players, i have to say though, Robartes played well and are a good side who deserve to be where they are , at the top of the league.

hi stroker..

i was at the game you are talking about and i have to say i cant understand what you mean by "odd" changes, as i could see it the main goal threat as you refer to him had run out of steam due to him running his legs off in the first half, so the decision to replace him with a fresh pair of legs was clearly a sensible one, take it from me, i used to manage teams myself although nowdays i just go and watch many local games, and from a managers point of veiw ,i feel this decision was spot on and i would have made the same decision, i feel there is a new found spark in the team and ok, they may have lost, but this was undeserved from what i saw and i reckon trevenson are a quality side and were the better side but just didnt finish their chances. i watched them at the begining of the season and i cannot believe the change in the side,this i feel is due to the manager bringing in a lot of quality new players, i have to say though, Robartes played well and are a good side who deserve to be where they are , at the top of the league.

Why thankyou, Stuart or Spence but I'm Going To Go With the earlier one seeing as Spence Wasn't At The Game! :clapper: I agree with you on the, Spark comment,You lot played well despite what previous results say! Credit To you Stu!! But have to disagree on you being the better side!! Think there was personal battles everywhere,But To be honest Never Really Troubled our keeper,When on recolection,Your keeper lee must have had maybe 15 saves!! Think thats evidence enough who was creating the better chances!! :rolleyes: But Yes I think even stretch himself was confused why he had been taken off! But you make the descisions thats why I just play and you make the Tough descisions :thumbsup: Credit to Trevenson, Well Played!! :smiley20:

Guest lammy1964

hi stroker..

Why thankyou, Stuart or Spence but I'm Going To Go With the earlier one seeing as Spence Wasn't At The Game! :clapper: I agree with you on the, Spark comment,You lot played well despite what previous results say! Credit To you Stu!! But have to disagree on you being the better side!! Think there was personal battles everywhere,But To be honest Never Really Troubled our keeper,When on recolection,Your keeper lee must have had maybe 15 saves!! Think thats evidence enough who was creating the better chances!! :rolleyes: But Yes I think even stretch himself was confused why he had been taken off! But you make the descisions thats why I just play and you make the Tough descisions :thumbsup: Credit to Trevenson, Well Played!! :smiley20:

no !!! im not Stuart , my name is Dean, i think the reason the guy was taken off was to replace with a target man who i feel proved a point , managers have to deploy tactics in order to reclaim ,win or improve the gameplay and its a shame when players coming off ,take it personally. sometimes a manager can see what the players on the pitch cant see. I also think that the win was due to Trevenson not burying their chances.

cheers

Dean

hi stroker..

no !!! im not Stuart , my name is Dean, i think the reason the guy was taken off was to replace with a target man who i feel proved a point , managers have to deploy tactics in order to reclaim ,win or improve the gameplay and its a shame when players coming off ,take it personally. sometimes a manager can see what the players on the pitch cant see. I also think that the win was due to Trevenson not burying their chances.

cheers

Dean

Ok "DEAN" Already been informed by a good Source its Stu! "Dean" You Seem To Forget,That our pitch is a small place! And there was not many Supporters There,The Trevenson Supporters That Were There I Know!! And.....Also The Main Other Factor... ' We Scored 4 Goals, You Scored 0? ' And We Had More than A Dozen Chances,thats why Your keeper Lee Was Kept Busy!! :)

Thanks, STROKER :thumbsup:

Guest lammy1964

hi stroker..

cheers

Dean

Ok "DEAN" Already been informed by a good Source its Stu! "Dean" You Seem To Forget,That our pitch is a small place! And there was not many Supporters There,The Trevenson Supporters That Were There I Know!! And.....Also The Main Other Factor... ' We Scored 4 Goals, You Scored 0? ' And We Had More than A Dozen Chances,thats why Your keeper Lee Was Kept Busy!! :)

i swear to you i am not stuart or spencer , i was at the game , i was chatting to stuart, i was the bloke with the tattoos, i am a mate of his, so your source is definatly out of sorts, tell them not to get a job as a supergrass as they'd be banging up innoccent people . to be serious though , Stuart is peeved at the fact that you think he would stoop as low as to post comments under another guise in order to self praise , i asssure you i am an intelligent enough bloke to post my own opinion on here, in my playing days ive played for enough teams ,St day, caharrick, illogan ,and Raymond rovers, who i was a founder member before they became redruth utd,to form my own veiws on a game so def not stuart.

hi stroker..

cheers

Dean

i swear to you i am not stuart or spencer , i was at the game , i was chatting to stuart, i was the bloke with the tattoos, i am a mate of his, so your source is definatly out of sorts, tell them not to get a job as a supergrass as they'd be banging up innoccent people . to be serious though , Stuart is peeved at the fact that you think he would stoop as low as to post comments under another guise in order to self praise , i asssure you i am an intelligent enough bloke to post my own opinion on here, in my playing days ive played for enough teams ,St day, caharrick, illogan ,and Raymond rovers, who i was a founder member before they became redruth utd,to form my own veiws on a game so def not stuart.

Nope your right i ouldnt of been able see your tattoos stu,You had your trevenson jacket on!! Seeing as it was p***ing down. :lol: