Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Result 07/11/09

Lizard2 Stithians3 2-0 down at half time playing in the worst conditions possible managed 2sneak a win.not much football played on a pitch with very long grass.lizard scored 1st with a scrappy goal from a corner,there 2nd goal was a well hit strike from about 30yards,wind assisted. 2nd half luke Kelland got on the end of a free kick taken by myself to make it 2-1.score stayed the same until 10mims 2go when steve crook delived a lovely left foot cross in the box and James semmens scored with a bullet header.same plyer on target again with virtually last kick of the game. Horrible game to play in so chuffed with the result. Special mention for neil carpenter who was top notch at the back 4us.well done boys and a good win! Also heard perranporth 6 penryn 1.James bush sent off 10mins in 4penryn thanks to what is described as a horrible knee high challege from alex arquatti which James responded to with violece as I'm sure most players would!

Porthleven Rangers 2 - 3 Frogpool

Rangers went away from this game wondering how they lost! It was always going to be a difficult game due to the conditions but both teams gave it a good go anyway. Frogpool went into a 2-0 lead before Rangers in typical fashion started to give it a go. The second half was more or less a constant assault on the Frogpool penalty area but due to some very good defending Rangers could not find the equalizing goal.

All the best to Frogpool for the rest of the season, and just a warning that sniper who got Jake Harvey the other week was present again today, teams are warned to look out for him!!

Carharack next week, should be another close one ;)

Lizard2 Stithians3 2-0 down at half time playing in the worst conditions possible managed 2sneak a win.not much football played on a pitch with very long grass.lizard scored 1st with a scrappy goal from a corner,there 2nd goal was a well hit strike from about 30yards,wind assisted. 2nd half luke Kelland got on the end of a free kick taken by myself to make it 2-1.score stayed the same until 10mims 2go when steve crook delived a lovely left foot cross in the box and James semmens scored with a bullet header.same plyer on target again with virtually last kick of the game. Horrible game to play in so chuffed with the result. Special mention for neil carpenter who was top notch at the back 4us.well done boys and a good win! Also heard perranporth 6 penryn 1.James bush sent off 10mins in 4penryn thanks to what is described as a horrible knee high challege from alex arquatti which James responded to with violece as I'm sure most players would!

Good result for Stithains at Lizard not an easy place to go and win and weather conditions ther won't have made it easy.

I have to disagree with the alleged knee high challange from Alex in the Perranporth game, 1stly he won the ball 2nd the ref did not caution him, i'm not even sure if a free kick was given for what someone has described to u as a straight red card offence surely, however everyone has ther own opinion.

Good result for Perran and a nice way to bounce back from the Jnr Cup defeat in what was also a very wet and windy day.

Credit to the Penryn skipper who rallyed his side throughout and scored a great long range effort.

:c:

Guest Troon 3rd's

Match Report

Troon 3rds 2 - 1 Hayle 4ths

Troon started the better of the two teams on what wasn't a good day weather wise for football. Troon took the lead after 15 minutes. Danny Claypitt added his second and Troon's second after 25 minutes. Hayle replied through a well taken penalty. Hayle's keeper was Man of the Match after pulling off some fine saves. Unfortunately, Hayle were reduced to 10 men two minutes before the end of the game and to 9 men after the final whistle had gone. A good team performance by the whole Troon team. Man of the Match and Captain for the day - Malcolm Nicholls

Good result for Carharrack today against a new-look Falmouth Athletic side. A lot of new, young faces at Athletic and it could be a tough season them but I wish them good luck.

Would also like to make an apology to Falmouth for my earlier critisim of the team and players, I was mis-informed about certain incidents and ended up blaming the wrong people, hope there's no hard feelings. Good luck for the season lads

pendeen 2 camborne pk 1. game spoilt by a gale of wind. to be fair first half evenly contested,with both sides creating chances. ht 0-0. second half pendeen the much stronger,going into a 2 -0 lead. camborne keeper made some great saves. camborne got 1 back in dying mins. well done to the park boys they battled for the 90 mins. just a big up for the ref today,francis sampson. he informed us early this wk he had a bad back,and wasnt sure if he would get through the game.he done an excellent job today.well done francis ,hope the back eases soon.

Guest mariner

Good result for Stithains at Lizard not an easy place to go and win and weather conditions ther won't have made it easy.

I have to disagree with the alleged knee high challange from Alex in the Perranporth game, 1stly he won the ball 2nd the ref did not caution him, i'm not even sure if a free kick was given for what someone has described to u as a straight red card offence surely, however everyone has ther own opinion.

Good result for Perran and a nice way to bounce back from the Jnr Cup defeat in what was also a very wet and windy day.

Credit to the Penryn skipper who rallyed his side throughout and scored a great long range effort.

If i could show you the swelling and bruise just below my knee i would! I would not of reacted if it wasnt a high challenge otherwise i would be having red cards every week would i not? Not defending my behaviour what so ever i know i could of handled it better! Yep good goal bruv, soz i couldnt keep it 11 vs 11 thought it would of been a good game

Guest arquati

It wasnt a high challenge, i came across, you took a heavy touch and i tackled you hard and fair, the ball went out for a throw in??? If anything i came of worse in the tackle because i was in agony on the floor with a dead calf, didnt really help me when you grabbed my throat and pinned me to the ground! seriously what is that all about??? surely if it was a high tackle (dont know if below the knee is classed as high) that hurt you, you would be in pain asking for treatment, not stand up and be violent on a sports pitch... just play football buddy. i get fouled constanly, ive never once reacted in violence. Been playing for 7 years and been sent of once for 2 yellow card? i pull a shirt, shoulder barge and be cocky on the football pitch, but anyone who knows me or understands the way i play football knows i wouldnt hurt anyone deliberately. Its just not on really and not in my nature. i was talking to your brother after the match and he said it was a fine tackle and so did your other defenders... so why people have come on here trying to slate me of (again) for making a good tackle i do not know, people should be coming on here slating you of for your reaction but then im used to being made out the bad guy. Even if someone does make a bad challenge on you, u dont get up and start trying to smash them in, its part of football players miss timing challenges but violence isnt.

sorry but everyone has there own opinion, and i respect your opinion of why you reacted but yur opinion is wrong, accept the fact that you pre planned to try and hurt me yesterday considering you got sent of in the 7th minute.

anyway

great goal by your captain, true leader... with his passion he should be player much higher standard.

good luck for rest of the season

Guest mariner

I am very sorry i must be imagining the bruise and swelling on my leg silly me :blink: I had no intention of pre meditated attack on you your not that important to me! The reason i didnt go down is unlike you i can handle the pain go back to your snivelling whining corner like yesterday and let the ladies look after you, hope the radiators didnt burn you legs you giant.

And if your coming worse off in challenges learn to tackle properly

now now come on you two, i was up front and what i saw at first was a fair challenge as the ball seemed to come out the other way as you would of thought contact had been made with the ball, but have seen my brothers leg and he has been caught still no excuse for what he done, but would say one thing most refs would have given a warning as james never hit alex just a grab which you see in most games but all refs are different. can assure you though it is totally not in my brothers nature to do things like this so hopefully the ccfa will be leniant. perranporth are a good side too good for that league only stithians to stop them now.

this was a photo taken by the cameraman at perranporth regarding the red card. photo left to right alex arquati- james bush

Guest arquati

gggggggg's you are an angry man, i dont think ive moaned once about my bruising to anyone that forced me to come... let alone moaning on a football forum, "unless im imagining it" i havnt moaned once about what happened yesterday so why dont you and your club house possey keep moaning about a fair challenge that hurt you :(

Cheers bushy, it did actually look abit like that! haha

oh i was sat by the heater cus i needed to warm my leg up, why were you by the heater??? ohhhhhhhh its because you got sent off, and it was cold outside. Pretty much the same reason why everyone was inside apart from no one else got sent off apart from you. u muppet.

if you do want to appeal, i have no problems backing you up that it was handbags, no point missing games... when we all play for fun at this standard. no more fighting tho!

cheers and gone

Alex you say you was in "agony" with a dead calf???? if so, when the red card was shown why did you jump back on to your feet and carry on running?????? I thought for a second that someone shot you from the way you was squealing when our keeper clattered you!!!!

anyway

Lovely conditions to have a game of football except when i was blinded by hair jel running in my eyes and the thunder and lighting started!!!!

All the best to Perranporth who should win the league quite comfortably

FIFI D

Guest arquati

Cause id rather try run it off than for my manager to take to me off... i know your suppose to stay still when your hurt but i dont know if anyone else agrees, it hurts less if you keep moving?

its a pointless arguement, because people have there own points of views

mariner thought it was a foul and i didnt

happens in every games

cheers

It wasnt a high challenge, i came across, you took a heavy touch and i tackled you hard and fair, the ball went out for a throw in??? If anything i came of worse in the tackle because i was in agony on the floor with a dead calf, didnt really help me when you grabbed my throat and pinned me to the ground! seriously what is that all about??? surely if it was a high tackle (dont know if below the knee is classed as high) that hurt you, you would be in pain asking for treatment, not stand up and be violent on a sports pitch... just play football buddy. i get fouled constanly, ive never once reacted in violence. Been playing for 7 years and been sent of once for 2 yellow card? i pull a shirt, shoulder barge and be cocky on the football pitch, but anyone who knows me or understands the way i play football knows i wouldnt hurt anyone deliberately. Its just not on really and not in my nature. i was talking to your brother after the match and he said it was a fine tackle and so did your other defenders... so why people have come on here trying to slate me of (again) for making a good tackle i do not know, people should be coming on here slating you of for your reaction but then im used to being made out the bad guy. Even if someone does make a bad challenge on you, u dont get up and start trying to smash them in, its part of football players miss timing challenges but violence isnt.

sorry but everyone has there own opinion, and i respect your opinion of why you reacted but yur opinion is wrong, accept the fact that you pre planned to try and hurt me yesterday considering you got sent of in the 7th minute.

anyway

great goal by your captain, true leader... with his passion he should be player much higher standard.

good luck for rest of the season

You forgot diving and squealing for no apparent reason in the description of your game

Guest Kimbo Slice

If I was Arquati I wouldnt even bother replying to the garbage written on here by the previous two posters.

Ive played against Arquati and he plays a hard game and hes a very good player. Take the stupid remarks as a compliment and concentrate on playing football. Speedo (WTF is that picture under your name all about ?) is obviously jelous as Arquati is a FAR better player and Gillette.....well, the least said about his ability the better :unsure:

Peace and love peeps x x

Never said he wasn't a good player Mr Slice, I happen to think he is a very good player. Just that he squeals like a baby before he is touched and often goes to floor in Ronaldo esque movements without being touched.

How about your ability, who do you play for, what have you won? And lets be honest there are not that many people around here with that much ability or they wouldn't be kicking around these leagues would tthey? I have never claimed to particularly good at football but feel I do good job at the standard I play, nothing more nothing less, and several managers over the years tended to think so too.

And there is no e on the end of my surname, for future reference. :drink:

hehe thats me kimbo lol in my cage fighting pose :)

at least everyone knows who i am when i post stuf i dont have to hide behind a different name like yourself,so in that respect i got to get arquati a bit of credit.

as for being jealous i couldnt give a monkeys if hes better or anyone else is better than me bud..i wouldnt make it out the bed in the mornings!

i dont really feel sorry for alex because earlier in the season me and a few of the stithians players watched penryn vs perranporth and alex was on the sidelines telling one of his players to knock a 16 yr old boy out,and was being a lout all game...

Guest Kimbo Slice

Thanks for the speedy (no pun intended) response boyz........... I play for Illogan and have played against all three of you, aint won much in my time as a footballer !

I just thought Arquati was getting a rough ride and thought it was all a bit "pot, kettle, black" from you boyz.

Speedo, if you post under your real name then I must get the FHL to check the team sheets coz "Speedy Gonzales" cant be registered for Stithians :wacko: Sorry about the "e" Gillette. I'll remeber next time.

Love the banter, peace and love peeps x x

Guest arquati

I really dont know where you get this from... Being a lout all game?? The word lout i dont think would ever be used to describe the way i am off the football pitch, probly best used to describe you on a saturday night :drink: That 16 year old kid for penryn, elbowed (another bit of violence) lee dark. thats right just elbowed him, out of the blue. I then shouted to darky "nail him darky" and if you knew me, which you dont... you would know it was a joke... you do know what jokes are??? but you probly didnt know it was a joke because you wernt involved in our conversation, just standing there ear wigging and in your cage fighting pose. As gillo said, if any of us was actually any good at football, and also may i add care as much as you do about how good you are,we wouldnt be playing in cornwall... let alone FHFL 2. I dont mind taking flack from gillo cause hes actually quite funny and he knows how to write... he understands it just banter. And the stuff he writes is quite accurate! Where as you get a kick out of it all, im suprised after coming on here asking for money to knock me out (what the **** is that all about?) you havnt asked someone for a Ultimate Cage Fighting World Series Championship match yet, seriously... you take life (or should i a say football) to seriously and in a aggressive nature.

Chill Out, take a couple of tokes of mr nice or have a long relaxing bath, you seem like you have alot of pent up anger. I might know a couple of girls who could sort it out for you if your having abit of trouble???

anyway i wander if you see this as a joke... or just something to rile you up even more.

I havnt even decided what it is yet soooooooo il let you know in a bit, cheers mate thanks.

Kimbo Slice.... Nice One! didnt ever think i would get back up from an illogan boy, us north coast boys must just understand each other :c:

pppppfffffffftttt aggression makes me laugh

######

you werent laughing when you went in for an "aggressive" challenge on bushy, infact after making that awful challange you were almost in tears with a terrible leg injury, ITS A MIRACLE i thought to myself as you amazingly got to your feet, 5 minutes later you scored a tap in, all smiles then, then same again, went sliding into prynner in goal, almost in tears again, and if i was you i wouldnt consider playing rugby like you said, you can barely manage to kick a football without getting injured you BIG WIMP, oh and well played perranporth cant see you not winning the league this year unless stithians pull out something special.

Guest arquati

i was jokin about the rugby you goon, and "if i could show the bruises above my thigh i would" Jake does because i dont get paid, bit irrelevant like most things we are chatting about.

A few seasons ago when Perran won FHFL 1 most or should i say all Perrans players used to shout " NAIL HIM ". I think it must be in the setup down there Jake :wacko:............

Or it could be what they say in London and thought they would carry on saying it when they came to our quiet County......... :P

FIFI D

James Bush is a decent honest player and not in a million years would he deliberately harm a player unless prevoked which on this case he clearly was.

I remember reading the Falmouth Packet nearly 15 years ago and it quoted : "Life is full of dangers, grinned James Bush." Cant remember the headline though B) ............ But does that sound like a man you want to be prevoking?? certainly not. maybe had James Stayed on the pitch Mr Arquati would have met his match.

I have found out that the red card Bushy recieved was his only red card in football so that tells its own story! So if Mr Artuati sorry wrong spelling is trying to kid himself by saying he tackled him fair the only person he is kidding is himself, as Bushy would not of reacted like that for a fair challenge, i am just surprised he only grabbed his neck and didnt do something worse to him.

But i would have Arquati in my team over Harvey as his work ethic is much much higher