Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and LATEST TABLE

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please

Cornwall Combination League

Sat 7th November 2009 (2:30pm)

Helston Athletic (Neil Southall, Reg Pearson) 2-0 St Just

Att - 65

Holman SC (Derick Pickin, Adam Selley, Jamie Cooper, OG ) 4-0 Wendron CC United Reserves

Att - 20

Illogan RBL P-P Falmouth Town Reserves

Ludgvan P-P Mullion

Penzance Reserves (Liam Bennett) 1-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 46

RNAS Culdrose (Sam Holbrook 2, Sean Parker) 3-1 Hayle Reserves (Carl Shorthouse)

Att - 10

St Agnes (Tom Benney 2, Gavin Bennetts) 3-1 St Ives Town (James Worrall)

Att - 35

St Day P-P Penryn Athletic Reserves

Troon (Shane Richards 3, Lee Gribble 2, Gary Bell) 6-0 Portreath

Att - 15

Latest Table

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

Troon 6 v Portreath 0

Not sure of the scorers but i'll have a guess....reno will correct me....shane richards 3, lee gribble 1, gary bell 1, and OG???!! bellers was straight out the of "Jamie Marles's" how to score great overhead kicks book....which was released pre-season....so he obviously got a copy....!!

must say the port keeper kept the score below double figures, 2 great saves, one from gary bells chip, and another from woods sliced cross..!

Ref was as consistant as he ever is, very sound performance from nigel jewell and terrible conditions.

Good luck to port for the rest of the season from all of the Troon Army clan....!!

oooo and dave deacon was there....not a great advertisment for senior football dave.....but still nice to see you there!! always welcome!

Thanks for the open invite. Next time I'll pick a balmy end of season evening fixture! I had to leave early unfortunately, and spent the first ten minutes sitting in the car peering out trying to see what was happening!

The last time I visited Grouter Park, they only had one pitch! Lots of changes since then, I didn't realise there was a stand to shelter under alongside the pitch :c:

Beat me to it Jamie.

Troon were by far the better team but Portreath dug in and showed some resolve in the unwelcome conditions,strong wind and heavy showers.

Portreath's goalkeeper was outstanding and that save from Gary Bell's chip appeared to be past him as he backpeddled but his arm extended to push the ball around the post.

Crowd came and went as it was too cold to stand out for long,estimated at 15.Cloughy or Riggins may correct me on that.

helston 2-0 st just

neil southall 1

reg pearson 1

good hard team performance from helston (esp blake n jordan in midfield) with terrible conditions to deal with from both sides, st just had there chances.

few handbags at times and ref could have been a little stronger.

crowd 65

Penzance 1 - 0 Newquay

Good advertisement for Combo football in poor conditions. Pitch did well to maintain its quality with the amount of rain it has had to deal with in the last 24 hours. Cut up a fair bit as expected, but remained very playable.

Thought Pz had the share of the first half, their no.10 up top causing a lot of problems dropping deep to receive the ball. They played some decent stuff and maybe deserved to go in with a lead, but it was 0-0 at half time.

Second half was all Newquay, created 2 one-on-ones that were both missed, a Tom Hunter stike that hit the crossbar and could have crossed the line, but difficult to see. We were unlucky not to score and were unlucky to concede in the last minute of the game, although Liam took his goal very well with a tidy little finish.

Congrats to Penzance and best of luck for the season, but i think they will admit a draw would have been a fair result.

Onto the next game :)

Holman FC 4-0 Wendron

OG

Derek Pickin

Adam Selley

Jamie Cooper

Att 20

Wet conditions at Blaythorne but the pitch held up well and saw Holmans finally gain their much deserved first win of the season which has taken them out of the relegation zone which they have occupied since August.

Both sides were pretty evenly matched in the first half and Wendron had a decent chance with a header from a corner that just sailed over the crossbar however it was the home side that felt they should have been in front after Tony Eddy and Adam Selley had both been put through only for the keeper to deny them

HT 0-0

Holmans got the 1st goal on the 70th min when Rob Press hit a dangerous cross into the 6yd box which created a goalmouth scramble in the home sides favour as a Wendron defender slid in to prevent the ball reaching Adam Selley and inadvertantly pushed the ball into his own net. The 2nd goal came immediatley following Holmans manager Ray Richards double substitution of Derek Pickin & on his 1st team debut Jamie Cooper son of former manager Dave Cooper. The substitution proved to be an inspired descision as Jamie Cooper recieved the ball with his first touch raced down the wing and with an inch perfect cross found Derek Pickin racing in on the far post to header the ball into the back of the net.

Holmans 3rd finally found Adam Selley beating the offside trap and racing through and cleverley putting the ball around the advancing Wendron keeper and then calmly slotting it into the back of the net. The 4th goal came from Jamie Cooper who will definatley go down as having a dramatic 20min debut with an assist a booking and finally a goal which marked a 4-0 win for the home side and their first clean sheet of the season

Updated Table at:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/holmanafc/113...league_table.pl

Yet Again culdrose grind out a win without playing too well. Although culdrose had players missing for variuos reasons, we still managed to put out a side, helped by the fact that the reserves game was called off earlier.

H.T 0-0

1-0 Goal scored by new signing Sam Holbrook after some great work from ashley spinks.

1-1 Equaliser came after a spell of pressure from Hayle, and culdrose failing to clear their lines.

2-1 A pinpoint cross from Martin MacBeath which Sean Parker headed in from 5yds.

3-1 A defensive mix up from Hayle allowing Sam Holbrook the chance to see the game off which he did.

game played in great spirit and reffed reasonably well!!!

Good luck to Hayle for the rest of the season.

Culdrose are away to St Just next saturday.