Cornwall Football Forum

Best Combo Team of the Last 20 Years

Guest Living the dream

What about the Penryn side in the mid 90s the side with, Andy parry,Rob Riley,Pete Lewis, Kenny Gunn,Ian Penrose, Paul Murray ,Andy Stivey, Jerry Cornish and many more decent players.

I was lucky enough to play with some top combo players, the first changing room I sat in was Phil,Wherry, Paul Cardell, Andy Cracknell, Rob Riley, Les Gilbert Steve Jewel, Wayne Brown, Andy Parry, Sammo, Jerry Cornish, Andy Stivey, Paul Murray Kev Toy and Stevie Warr with Evo as manager!!!!

i remember that too Pete i played for that team as well i remember being proud to put on that shirt and play along side those guys they where great crackers and riley i really looked up to being a defender proud to play along side them and of course you Pete!! lol

i feel sick hee :drink::drink: :drink:

What about the Penryn side in the mid 90s the side with, Andy parry,Rob Riley,Pete Lewis, Kenny Gunn,Ian Penrose, Paul Murray ,Andy Stivey, Jerry Cornish and many more decent players.

I was lucky enough to play with some top combo players, the first changing room I sat in was Phil,Wherry, Paul Cardell, Andy Cracknell, Rob Riley, Les Gilbert Steve Jewel, Wayne Brown, Andy Parry, Sammo, Jerry Cornish, Andy Stivey, Paul Murray Kev Toy and Stevie Warr with Evo as manager!!!!

i remember that too Pete i played for that team as well i remember being proud to put on that shirt and play along side those guys they where great crackers and riley i really looked up to being a defender proud to play along side them and of course you Pete!! lol

i feel sick hee :drink::drink::drink:

Have a drink of water mate!! lol hope you are well lol see you around!

Thanks for the mention Mariner and FIFI the actual record for the least goals ever conceded in a season was Penryn (I think 1993) we only conceded 18 goals. I had a great team infront of me especially Andy Cracknel and Rob Riley didnt really need a keeper. And you two should know anyway you pass the list of Penryns acheivements everytime you enter your changing rooms! (Perranporth conceded 20 last year by the way NOT a record as quoted in the west briton)

i think looking at CTB's site that the record goals conceded for a 20 team league is held by Perranporth (20).

Penryn's record of 18 against was in a smaller league with less games (36?) so I dont think that will be beaten if the league stays bigger. Very difficult to compare these great teams but its fun to compare the league records. does anyone know how many goals that famous Penryn side scored that year? how does it compare with the 174 scored by Perranporth or the goal difference of 154? maybe CTB can shed some light on it.

I have always over the years, home and away, had hard, challenging and sometimes painful encounters with both Penryn and the Well. If a club can put out teams like that season after season, not just a season here and there, they get my vote. Mr Fisher turns out good teams all the time, certainly feel the well are the most consistently good side, as well as giving me the most painful times!!!! Loved every minute though!!! :smiley20:

Guest Pete Lewis

Penryn won the Combo League 11 times and have come runner-up 7, but do you know which player has got the most league winners medals?????

got to be paul (reuben )cardell.

I spoke to Paul (reuben) Cardell the other day and he informed me of another player with as many league winners medals as him?????? Reuben has won 6!!!!!!!