Cornwall Football Forum

Rumbles of discontent?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

especially after turning up and insisting it was a 2:30 kick off instead of 3:00

Oh dear! :SM_carton_y:

Agree, it doesn’t show very good signs of professionalism from a referee if he doesn’t know the confirmed kick off time. The majority of the time clubs will tell you subs names before kick off. Now, I know the rules state it is the clubs responsibility to give the refs substitute names, but most decent referees in the county will hopefully agree with me it just takes a bit of common sense to go over to the team dugout if you haven’t been given subs name and say “afternoon, just confirming you have no substitutes for today”. “Sorry Ref we left the names in your changing rooms, I do apologise”, Referee “No Problems these things happen just next time come up and confirm with me next time please, enjoy the game”. Result, a good relationship between officials and clubs. Go back to the clubhouse after the match, enjoy a pint with the players, job done.

wa hahahahahahahahahah, do you know the referee in question?

I would remind you that adults in a free society need to understand the libel and slander laws of this country before they make any dangerous untrue comments.

I can tell you that as one of the persons running this site you can be held responsible for the publication of such items, so you need to monitor.

I do run the site and have fantastic moderators that help me. I have never had since establishing the site had any legal papers complaining about comments made on the site.

How does a small fee and giving up your saturday afternoon make you professional???????

Its a term of phrase, Im sure what ever you do as a hobby you try to do it in a "professional manner". Its all about credabilty. When I did my course, my instrutor told us to gain credability, you must look and act professional, look smart and arrive in good time.

So are you saying you have never had any complaints?

Never said I have never had a complaint,s I have and dealt with them over the phone. Problem solved.

Perhaps the CCFA need to step in and monitor manager's comments

I'm sure they have better things to do. Would you really want people monitoring everything you say on the internet? People have to see the difference between a bit of banter and a personal attack.

Richard

Just to point out a legal issue, once published it becomes libel

The law states

a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.

b. the act or crime of publishing it.

So it does include the publisher and a quick retraction does not remove the possiblity of action.

It only takes one person to read it for defamation to take place i.e. libel. Some person's comments can then take you into a legal action which would be totally unfair, only because you are the publisher.

Maybe someone should point that out to Isaac Rosenberg, his comments have been pretty close to the mark in the past!

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting back to the naming of subs issue, it is the clubs responsability to inform the referee of the named substitutes at least 15mins before the start of the game, if no subs are named then they will not be allowed to be used. As to leaving the names on a piece of paper in the changing room not a good idea as from my own experience you can often find teamsheets and subs lists still there from the previous week so the ref will not know if they are the correct ones. It still amazes me that clubs are not aware of what is required of them within LOAF.

Never one for keeping quiet but what a shower of shite, i can express my opinion on here & it is on YOU Dreckly, your an absolute muppet. Feel free to pm me name & address can be supplied, for libel reasons. numpty :angry: you have written the most annoying things on something that bothers no one but YOU.

Never one for keeping quiet but what a shower of shite, i can express my opinion on here & it is on YOU Dreckly, your an absolute muppet. Feel free to pm me name & address can be supplied, for libel reasons. numpty :angry: you have written the most annoying things on something that bothers no one but YOU.

NOW NOW Marksy I know who you are so your address is not needed.

If your stated opinion is libelous then you can be prosecuted and I know the law very well because it's a part of my employment .

You might think you are a big man above the law, but no one is not even you.

To suggest I am the only one who is bothered with some of the subjects I have mentioned is a gross under statement.

I suggest you read up on the libel laws and those on defamation of character.

When you have read and hopefully understood them you might be a little more careful what you write.

I have pointed out your comments to Richard Chown with the fact that if you become libelous it will affect him as well.

You are not dealing with a fool here so please do not act like one yourself. It can seriously affect your pocket.

Dreckly

what are you on mate? never heard so much rubbish in all my life.

thats not slander thats fact, in front of witnesses.

:clapper::D:thumbsup: dont worry, be happy

NOW NOW Marksy I know who you are so your address is not needed.

If your stated opinion is libelous then you can be prosecuted and I know the law very well because it's a part of my employment .

You might think you are a big man above the law, but no one is not even you.

To suggest I am the only one who is bothered with some of the subjects I have mentioned is a gross under statement.

I suggest you read up on the libel laws and those on defamation of character.

When you have read and hopefully understood them you might be a little more careful what you write.

I have pointed out your comments to Richard Chown with the fact that if you become libelous it will affect him as well.

You are not dealing with a fool here so please do not act like one yourself. It can seriously affect your pocket.

Dreckly

im not above any law numpty (fact ) dont recall smart ass even stating that now get off this site you boring numpty.

i got deep pockets dreckly & your still a numpty & as for a fool might reckon theres a few who say you are :glare:

Guest dreckly

May I suggest that if "Marksy" and "dreckly" have a problem with each other - they sort it out away from this Forum please.

Thanks

Dave Deacon

Further to our private messages Dave I agree that I should rise above it all and I will.