Cornwall Football Forum

Rumbles of discontent?

Guest Bundiwilliams

nothing to be jealous about, lets see what happens saturday then shall we, igive duane a call see where the reserves are playing and go watch him play!!!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

nothing to be jealous about, lets see what happens saturday then shall we, igive duane a call see where the reserves are playing and go watch him play!!!!

Why don't you go and watch your beloved Portreath get smashed bundi. Ive heard the new management team are offering £25 a player and have approached a number of Newquay 3rd team players.... Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Guest Bundiwilliams

god here we go me being honest again, if they are offering £25 a player i am sure they wouldnt be going to newquays 3rd team and if they are offering £25 a game then i wont be going to watch ill be going to play plus i doubt they are coz portreath have a WHOOPING £900 in the bank so cant afford to pay that.

Guest dreckly

If it should be the player you mentioned, as someone else said, he is a useful player, but the question has to be asked whether he can actually hack it in Senior football. Doesn't seem to settle anywhere really does he.

Although I had the impression that the player involved had been with the club a lot longer then Winno.

A useful player?

He's an excellent player and easily senior standard and what right do you have to ask such a question?

You like all of us can have your opinions but just because you do a little bit of press work this does not make you Alex Feguson or anyone close. Duanne plays where he is happy and where they get the best out of him.

Winno will not that's simple to understand.

informant

I wouldn't quite call him (or her) an informant. Whoever it was contacted the Sunday Independent direct and asked for the message to be passed onto me! But I was well aware, it was less than half a message :blink:

Good press hacks always get the full and correct story before they report!!!

I say the player has no right to pick and choose!

I must say I do agree with you

Guest dreckly

Censorship within?

Very rarely do we remove posts. Could it be the writer took it off?

Being the writer of one I can confirm I did not take it off.

Would my response to Winno be removed if he removes his message I commented on?

I deleted my posts for the resons that I get sick and tired of people slagging everything off on the subject hiding behind a name as normal. The simple fact of the matter is we have rules at St day football club. No manager is bigger thana club I agree. But no player is bigger than the incumbant manager at whatever level or club. It would be nice perhaps for a few managers to comment with their views.

Guest dreckly

I deleted my posts for the resons that I get sick and tired of people slagging everything off on the subject hiding behind a name as normal. The simple fact of the matter is we have rules at St day football club. No manager is bigger thana club I agree. But no player is bigger than the incumbant manager at whatever level or club. It would be nice perhaps for a few managers to comment with their views.

Most of this depends on how large the manager's ego is and how important he sees himself!!!

Players respect managers with proven records and that stay with their clubs.

Managers are only as good as the players they manage. They should also keep their club's business private and not published ona on a forum such as this.

Many clubs I am sure would not tolerate it and probably have rules in place to stop any club official degrading the club's reputation.

Need I say more folks?

Dreckly my 'ansums

Guest Saint Bob

As an ex Manager of St Day I feel it neccessary to support the current manager in his views, however I do feel he bites a little but that's normal especially after reading some on these comments. We all should support doers in life, yes we have heard of players getting a few quid over the years at various clubs but I don't recollect managers getting much in terms of payment, thankless task, no, we're just footy mad!

PS I've never met Winno!

Guest dreckly

As an ex Manager of St Day I feel it neccessary to support the current manager in his views, however I do feel he bites a little but that's normal especially after reading some on these comments. We all should support doers in life, yes we have heard of players getting a few quid over the years at various clubs but I don't recollect managers getting much in terms of payment, thankless task, no, we're just footy mad!

PS I've never met Winno!

Hi Saint Bob

so you would support a manager making his disagreement with a player public?

Would you also support a manager who rambles on a forum without the permission of a committee?

I would doubt it very much and I am guessing there's so much more neither of us know.

Guest basher214

give the guy a break fellas all he is doing is managing a club, so what players dont want to play for him there is plenty of players who do and im sure in the end all will sort itself out so lets get back to supporting our teams and leave winno managing st day

Guest dreckly

Dreckly,

May i ask you a couple of questions?

What has St Day football club got to do with you? and What have you got against Winno?

Im just being curious.

FIFI D

:c:

How very rude lol

May I ask why you are asking? Maybe ex Penryn goalie? Buddies eh? Or even someone in disguise? lol

Nothing and nothing and the answer just having a banter and trying to see fair play

What's anything got to do with anyone on here?

Most of this depends on how large the manager's ego is and how important he sees himself!!!

Players respect managers with proven records and that stay with their clubs.

Managers are only as good as the players they manage. They should also keep their club's business private and not published ona on a forum such as this.

Many clubs I am sure would not tolerate it and probably have rules in place to stop any club official degrading the club's reputation.

Need I say more folks?

Dreckly my 'ansums

Well said Dreckly ! We have a manager who has won lots and is very quiet!

And why do managers have to come on here to comment anyway?

Do Matalan sell ego's? as some on here must have no right to earn one!! lol

As you can all see if you look back I havent started the thread. I have felt it neccesasry to comment because people come on here who don't know the facts and try to stir things up at a good club. Kempy you talk about Fish the guys a legend and he doesnt have to say anything to anyone and also because he has you to do the talking on here m8 which I belive you have been dragged into plenty of debates.

Thanks for all the pms people whom are in total agreement wuth what were trying to do,,,,,,Sad times sad people

As you can all see if you look back I havent started the thread. I have felt it neccesasry to comment because people come on here who don't know the facts and try to stir things up at a good club. Kempy you talk about Fish the guys a legend and he doesnt have to say anything to anyone and also because he has you to do the talking on here m8 which I belive you have been dragged into plenty of debates.

Thanks for all the pms people whom are in total agreement wuth what were trying to do,,,,,,Sad times sad people

Mr Fish has never asked me to put anything on here as he is really very anti the forum!!! These are my comments as i see fit to post forthwith!!

Spelling seems to be a problem!!!!!!! or is it ,,,,, ! lol :c:

Guest basher214

ladies this is boring now why dont you just get a life and as for kempy you seem to be wanting to make this personal. lets just end the matter and let the football do the talking

Guest dreckly

OK Guys

I have an idea having read all the messages

Let's hold a fan club meeting for Winno next friday night.

I have booked the phone box outside Truro railway station to cope with the expected turn out lol

I thought we should keep away from Wendron, Helston and Newquay.

Bye Bye all it's been fun

Dreckly my 'ansums

Mr Fish has never asked me to put anything on here as he is really very anti the forum!!! These are my comments as i see fit to post forthwith!!

Spelling seems to be a problem!!!!!!! or is it ,,,,, ! lol :c:

I'll seconded what Kempy has said about Mr Fish being very aint forum!!

As for Winno give up reply to people and it will soon stop but i feel you like the attention!!!

Wrong actually m8. I dont I just try and stand up for the club and my beliefs. Spoke to Fish and Kempy yesterday in the flesh face to face the way it should be top blokes.

Cheers

Why didn't the Ref pop his head round the dressing room door and ask for the names - it's only amateur footy after all?? After hearing about his performance he sounded out of his depth - especially after turning up and insisting it was a 2:30 kick off instead of 3:00 and having to be told (under duress) by both clubs that he was in the wrong!! I wonder what the assessor will have to say about his performance??

Or are you trying to calm waters you disturbed?

Ha ha! You obviously don't know me!

Mark Etherington went to the bother of contacting me and telling me what is happening at St Day and hence the piece appearing today.

When it comes to a club promoting themselves, you can't knock it. Whether they are all there of course in three years times, and thats committee members as well as management, now that's another story!

As we have said Im not going to comment anymore on yesterdays officiating apart from the subs names were put in his dressing room at the appropriate time. If he did not see them I cannot help that and if he didnt why didnt he come to me before the start of the game. The ccfa have been imformed and I will leave it to them.

No sour grapes on the result at all.

No gripe at all with the result I spoke to Fish and Kempy afterwards and told them that personally. I think the well did egde the game well done to them.

see you all again next week

Guest Postie Pidge

Why didn't the Ref pop his head round the dressing room door and ask for the names - it's only amateur footy after all??

It's the club's responsibility to give the names to the ref, not the other way round.

Rule 10G of the standard league rules on the Cornwall FA website states:

A Club may at its discretion and in accordance with the Laws of the Game use 3 substitute players in any match in this Competition who may be selected from_________(3,4,5,6 or 7) players.

The referee shall be informed of the names of the substitutes not later than ___________minutes before the start of the match.

FIFA Laws of the Game Page 17:

In all matches, the names of the substitutes must be given to the referee prior

to the start of the match. Any substitute whose name is not given to the

referee at this time may not take part in the match.

Like I said we were told to hand our subs names in and we did as far as Im concerned we did what was asked of us and before the time.The ref was never anywhere to be seen as he wasnt in his changing room at all apart from when I handed him the matchballs. Ask the assespor he tried to find him at half time. If the ref was that worried about it why didnt he ask our official lines man or come to the door. SIMPLE.

END OF DEBATE I WILL LET THE COMBINATION LEAGUE AND CCFA WILL LOOK AT IT......

Guest Kimbo Slice

This chump states on another thread that he hasn't got a clue about the rules governing substitutes in the combination league. Just one question in relation to that.

Is knowing the rules of all competitions not a prerequisite for any manager ????????

Guest Kimbo Slice

Any switched on manager should be aware of ALL of the rules, even if some would consider that the job of the seretary. What club do you know where the secretary gives the subs names to the referee ?????

Exactly! In my view and irrespective of whether the manager knows all the rules or not, any real well established Senior club/team should not expect their manager to be fussing about before the kick-off giving details to the officials. That is the job of the secretary. Let the manager worry about the players being ready for the game.

Guest Kimbo Slice

Couldn't agree more Dave, some club secretaries are more worried about being ready for the tea and cakes at half-time than to be fussed about concering themselves with the more mundane jobs !!!!!!

Exactly! In my view and irrespective of whether the manager knows all the rules or not, any real well established Senior club/team should not expect their manager to be fussing about before the kick-off giving details to the officials. That is the job of the secretary. Let the manager worry about the players being ready for the game.

Well i was there when our secretary was giving the ref our subs yesterday!! albeit not the full quota!

We are never too old to learn!! :c:

Do you think as manager of one of Cornwall's older clubs, should have said anything deragatory about the official in the first place? I think not., it's not nice, stinks of sour grapes and let's your club down.

Anything you say on this forum or in the real world outside the changing room or committee room should be monitored at the very least.

Dreckly, you seem very hostile in your postings. Are you associated with any football club, do you think your committee should monitor your postings, we are all adults in a free society?

Being from Carharrack I'm never one to defend St Day but I think they are going in the right direction, with a decent manager and showing signs of ambition, something nobody can really knock.

especially after turning up and insisting it was a 2:30 kick off instead of 3:00

Oh dear! :SM_carton_y:

Agree, it doesn’t show very good signs of professionalism from a referee if he doesn’t know the confirmed kick off time. The majority of the time clubs will tell you subs names before kick off. Now, I know the lows of the game state it is the clubs responsibility to give the refs substitute names, but most decent referees in the county will hopefully agree with me it just takes a bit of common sense to go over to the team dugout if you haven’t been given subs name and say “afternoon, just confirming you have no substitutes for today”. “Sorry Ref we left the names in your changing rooms, I do apologise”, Referee “No Problems these things happen just next time come up and confirm with me next time please, enjoy the game”. Result, a good relationship between officials and clubs. Go back to the clubhouse after the match, enjoy a pint with the players, job done.