Cornwall Football Forum

Rumbles of discontent?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, I'm backing Winno on this one! Winno may spout a lot of stuff half the time, but he's got morals, I'll give him that! I don't know the full story, only what I've heard, so I won't be saying anything about it.

But I for one, won't be having a pop at Winno over this.

Lets put a lid on this before any idol gossip starts. Roger and myself have parted company in the 1st team joint management is really hard and we have given it a go and despite a relatively good start to the season we have both decided it isnt really clicking between us so Roger has decided to step down we havent fallen out and it's all very amicable. He is a really nice bloke and I respect him totally and hopefully he is staying at St Day football football club in another role.

No discontent at all infact all is good with Bryan Hawke returning to the club and another couple of players who have expressed an interest possibly heading our way as well....

WATCH THIS SPACE

WINNO

XXXXXXXXXXX

Didn't know Brian Hawke joined St Day? to return?

Well i hope he doesn't replace the bar staff :c: I mean Roger! lol :rolleyes:

Don't suppose we'll have confirmation of this either way, but I hear at a special meeting of St Day on Wednesday, a long-serving player who had refused to play for the first team was banned after, allegedly, the manager gave the committee an ultimatum - "Sack him, or I go!"

A few supporters are quick to point out that the manager's track record, when it comes to staying at a club, isn't particularly good, whereas the player has been with St Day for some time!

My question is why "sack" a player, just don't pick him!!! :D

Perhaps it's a different player that I've been told about.

But I'm more coming from the angle that why does Symon have to put this to the committee, he's the boss, if the player isn't going to play for him, so what - just suggest he goes to another club or easier still not consider him for future selection.

I just wonder why it had to be discussed in a meeting!

I don't see what this has to do with the forum,it's a club matter and should be left there.

Well don't worry Soccer Follower, if the club don't want to comment they won't. However, someone felt compelled enough to send me their thoughts about it.

Anyway what's a forum for if you can't openly discuss things? If no one is interested, the thread will die a quick death, and we'll move on to something else to gossip about :D

Guest Bundiwilliams

The player i know about didnt refuse to play for the club, he refused to play for winno and asked to be played down in the reserves with roger, winno stated that if he wouldnt play for him then he wouldnt play for the club!!!!!

Guest Bundiwilliams

surely though if i players wants to stay with the club, you cant refuse the player that???

especially the calibre of player in question could easily walk into any senior team!!!!!

Guest Bundiwilliams

i dont know anything about the commitee at st.day and even if i did i wouldnt be on here talking about it, i do know that my best mate is the player in question and he is a bit off how the club is treating him especially when in my opinion he is one if not the best player there, he is being very loyal to roger as i know they are great friends and surely if i was st.day i would rather have a happy player in the club than getting rid of a very good player just coz he wants to stay with roger and play under him????

just shows to me that money cant buy you loyalty!!!!!

Guest Bundiwilliams

so if a player refuses to play senior football in your first team you get rid of him

if you ask a player to drop down to say your 3rd team and he says no, do you get rid of him???

Guest Bundiwilliams

too right clubs business is the clubs business, me personal i felt hate towards st.day because they took afew players our manager and was looking good, but to be honest i look past that and i personal hope st.day sort out the problem there and move on

To be honest St Pikey, I wouldn't expect you to post on this Forum on behalf of the club. Don't worry about having to justify anything. However, if you have a personal thought on the subject, well that's different.

What is happening at St Day at present, happens at most clubs at some stage of a season.

As a non committee member my views on this subject and anything to do with the club are my own, but having been brought up with the club from a very early age, I will always respect the club and its members, which is why it annoys the hell out of me when I see threads like this.

Dave as you say every club has its problems, which is why every club has an elected committee to deal with them, not public forums.

Dave as you say every club has its problems, which is why every club has an elected committee to deal with them, not public forums.

We all know that the Forum can't change anything and it really does amaze me when people almost seem to take offence when their club is talked about on here! It's no different from us talking about football in the bar later this afternoon.

Anyway, it's better to be talked about than not ..... there's a lot of clubs that would like to see their names mentioned on here! :clapper:

Going back to the subject in hand, I still don't see why this particular issue should have gone to committee level. I say the player has no right to pick and choose!

If it should be the player you mentioned, as someone else said, he is a useful player, but the question has to be asked whether he can actually hack it in Senior football. Doesn't seem to settle anywhere really does he.

Although I had the impression that the player involved had been with the club a lot longer then Winno.

Going back to the subject in hand, I still don't see why this particular issue should have gone to committee level. I say the player has no right to pick and choose!

That is your view, to which you are entitled.

The club also has rules on the matter hence the meeting, which is their business.

You realy should get a better informant Dave :D

informant

I wouldn't quite call him (or her) an informant. Whoever it was contacted the Sunday Independent direct and asked for the message to be passed onto me! But I was well aware, it was less than half a message :blink:

I shall purpose to the committee that all future minutes of meetings be forwarded to the Sunday Independent to avoid any further upsets :P

Its just not Britton. There appears to be clear cracks at St Day now.

lets be honest here this was always going to happen . st.day made the mistake of appointing joint managers and thats where the buck stops really .

now roger is with the second team and the players he took with him from portreath want to play for him and if st day are willing to throw away players like duane then more fall them but that will only be the start of it .

if roger walks then keep the door open for the likes of brett,alan,johnsey,nuci,.

I am sure that the guys in the second team will enjoy having a player like Britton playing for them! I admire his honesty, I think that he is a very talented footballer and hope that this doesn't detract away from his ability.

I think it is safe to say that Winno has a more than adequate pool of players to choose from - are there any local lads showing potential?

The 'supposed' rumbles of discontent didn't seem to affect St Day yesterday as they went away to a useful Bude oufit and won with a real 'team' effort. You don't get that without team spirit and a great work ethic. Time willl tell whether the St Day detractors are proved right or wrong but it seems to me like they are moving in the right direction.

informant

I wouldn't quite call him (or her) an informant. Whoever it was contacted the Sunday Independent direct and asked for the message to be passed onto me! But I was well aware, it was less than half a message :blink:

Having read your request for further information in todays Indy Dave can I suggest it may be easier for you to go along to a St Day home game and have a chat with the supporters there? At least you'd know who you were talking to and then you could get your facts right :D

At least you'd know who you were talking to and then you could get your facts right

I'm not so sure it wasn't right, considering the debate its created. :D

And don't worry the cat, I will be watching St Day at home hopefully once this season, as to where and when, even i don't know that! Better go incognito :ninja:

Dave your more than welcome anytime at St Day we always get on and a bit of banter is always good.

As for the thread there is always going to be discontent at any club as any manager cannot please every player. But to be fair as I am aware most of the players at the club are happy and glad to be part of it all. All the sides have had pretty good starts to the league campaign and hopefully this will carry on.

Lets remember we are not expecting to achieve anything this season as its a complete rebuilding process but hopefully success will come along. If we can play like we did as a team on Saturday at Bude we can match anyone but thats the challenge laid down to the players now.

See you soon Dave

Winno

xxxxxx

Guest Saint Bob

Not been on here for ages but what happened to "once a Saint always a Saint" you signed for the club in my day, but obviously some players grow old with a club and go down the divisions and not move on, so basically there has to be some flexibilty as to not wanting to play for the first team. However the one thing that must remain is "consistancy", so back the boss!

Guest Bundiwilliams

i see duane played for the reserves saturday so i guess situation is all sorted and the committe decided to back with the player rather than winno's wishes?????

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

Haha Bundi you make me laugh.....Jealously can cause that! If you look, we were playing away at Bude which is an extremely long way and Duane started work at 7pm so due to that fact and players available, Winno decided to leave him to help the 2nds. Great decision with all 3 teams winning. Its going great at St Day and even though im leaving in 2 weeks to London, I cannot wish to play for a better up and coming club.

St Day 1st team combination league.

St Day RESERVES Fal/Hel league.

That word RESERVES says it all!

Had the same thing at Athletic start of the season, now we have a different second team manager everything is rosie, results havent been great for both teams but we are heading in the right direction.

If your reserve has all their players eager to improve and play in the first team, they will do well in their own league. If you have players that do not wish to improve you will end up also rans.

Good luck WINNO