Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday results 27/9

Guest WendronSun

Shortlanesend 2 Wendron 1

Getting closer to some points for our boys I think, a good game of football played in a good spirit and some good grub in the pub afterwards, thanks Shortlanesend for that. We're a new side but we're proving hard to beat which is encouraging especially as we're getting by with the bare eleven the last two weeks...

Guest Young Legend

Mpad 15 CrownTown 0

Great game 4 mpad to get the confidence up and great play scorers are as follows:

Lee Jeffery 4

Mike Cudlipp 3

James Page 2

Ben Manley 1

Will Annear 1 (Goal Of The Season)

Graham Griffihs 1

Darren Griffihs 1

Anthony Macdonald 1

Andrew Jenkin 1

Well Done Lads Goal Differnece Looking Better Now

Crowntown played with 10 men.

Maybe the match report from Mpad would have been a little more balanced if they'd mentioned it.

Badly let down by several who were "really keen to play." but decided on the day they just couldn't be bothered.

I know we should know better by now, but you just tend to believe people when they say they're definitely going to be there.

Crowntown played with 10 men.

Maybe the match report from Mpad would have been a little more balanced if they'd mentioned it.

Badly let down by several who were "really keen to play." but decided on the day they just couldn't be bothered.

I know we should know better by now, but you just tend to believe people when they say they're definitely going to be there.

Don't mean to be rude or disrespectful here but I honestly don't think an extra player for Crowntown would have made an awful lot of difference. The gulf in class between the two sides was evident and even if it had been 11 against 11 I feel Mpad would have come out clear and comprehensive winners.

Thank you Titus. That makes us feel a lot better.

Of course, if we'd played with 15, you would have still stuffed us by loads of goals. I meant to add that.

I did hear somewhere that it's harder to play against 10 men.

Isn't it odd how you can, for some indiscernible reason, really dislike someone you may not have even met?

I think the poblem a lot of sides are having which I raised at the agm is the KO times, at 10.30 half of the players haven't been to bed yet or have only had a couple of hours at most, also any one who works in a nightclub or bar will struggle to get to the games especially if they are away!!

I would bet that if Ko was at 12 or even 11.30 a few more of the likely lads would make it and people could still get back for sunday lunch.

Luch what is Luch, Looks to me like your either very tired from a lack of sleep or you have had a couple to many sherberts even for that time of the day (Maybe you just got home?) :D:D

And there was me thinking that Sunday morning football was all about blowing out the cobwebs of the night before and finishing the game just in time to go back on the pop again (If that’s your thing?) :drink:

Well put cockerkneeboy i couldn't agree more. :clapper:

Sunday football has been going long enough now with the same kick off times so using 10.30 kick off as an excuse is poor :SM_carton: as all signed players are aware of the kick off time especially as most players are not in their first season most have been playing at least a couple.

Waking up with a hangover and getting on with it and sweating that crap :drink: out from the night b4 is fine, I have done it enough times myself now and yet still show week in week out. :c: :ninja:

Thank you Titus. That makes us feel a lot better.

Of course, if we'd played with 15, you would have still stuffed us by loads of goals. I meant to add that.

I did hear somewhere that it's harder to play against 10 men.

Isn't it odd how you can, for some indiscernible reason, really dislike someone you may not have even met?

I am sure that crowntown having 11 players on sunday wouldnt have made much difference to the scoreline but didnt get much satisfaction from seeing the goals going in as have been on the recieving end in plenty of games like that over the last 17/18 years of sunday footy. infact 1st season nearly every game was like that. crowntown having something close to there 1st 11 may have been a close game. hope the people that have let crowntown down so far by not playing soon pull there finger out. having said that well done to those who did play right to the final whistle and some seemed to even almost enjoy it. Have to say i didnt at all for reasons as stated above. cant get any satisfaction from winning 15-0 against a much weakened side. hope to have a much more competitive game at ur place, just make sure whatever, the team keeps going

After sundays results i think there are only 4 teams in with a chance of winning Div2.

Mpad

Culdrose

Shortlanesend

Pz astropark

Still a long way to go but can't see any of the other teams getting close to the Big 4!!!

:clapper::thumbsup:

Hmm...i dont know about that, i think any team in the league still has a good chance, as you say a long way to go yet? I think the key is to have players in your team that commit week in, week out.

I think that with a full strengh team, Storm are one of the best sides in the league but look whats happened out there when players dont show and those that do are hanging out of their backsides from the night before!!!

:c:

Guest WendronSun

To say that the league is just between four teams now is nonsense! :SM_carton:

When we start playing football to our full capability, then we will mop the floor with some teams - So don't count us out yet! :yahoo:

Guest magician

LETS BE HONEST HERE I TURNED UP AND PLAYED FOR MPAD STILL HANGING OUT MY ASS HAVING HAD BARELY A COUPLE HOURS SLEEP BUT STILL MANAGED TO SCORE AGAINST WHAT I CAN HONESTLY SAY IS THE WORST TEAM IVE EVER SEEN AT ANY LEVEL. 10 PLAYERS OR NOT THATS UR PROBLEM AT CROWNTOWN TO GET A TEAM OF 11 U COULDVE GOT ANYBODY TO PLAY AS THE PLAYERS U HAD DIDNT EVEN LOOK LIKE A FOOTBALL SIDE

LETS BE HONEST HERE I TURNED UP AND PLAYED FOR MPAD STILL HANGING OUT MY ASS HAVING HAD BARELY A COUPLE HOURS SLEEP BUT STILL MANAGED TO SCORE AGAINST WHAT I CAN HONESTLY SAY IS THE WORST TEAM IVE EVER SEEN AT ANY LEVEL. 10 PLAYERS OR NOT THATS UR PROBLEM AT CROWNTOWN TO GET A TEAM OF 11 U COULDVE GOT ANYBODY TO PLAY AS THE PLAYERS U HAD DIDNT EVEN LOOK LIKE A FOOTBALL SIDE

I played for Crowntown on Sunday... and I find your comments as somewhat of an insult. Yes we didn't play very well at all, and even if we had 11 you still would have won... but it was the first game for a number of the players.

I played Duchy 2 all of last season... and could more than hold my own in your side... I actually think I was one of the better players on the pitch that day... you only had about 15 chances and they all went in.

Seeing as your so much better than us, when we next play maybe you should play with 8 men all playing out of position, because it wont matter as we're the worst team you've ever played against.

The best Crowntown player was the young lad on the wing with the long hair and I honestly don't think he would get into the Mpad side. What position were you playing Woodmanaldo? I think the return game will be interesting if Crowntown has as many players to return as they say. Mpad also have players who can step in and strengthen the side. As far as players playing out of position goes I was forced to play at Right Back, even though I usually play as a very attacking minded winger I wasn't troubled by either the winger or the full back at any stage and felt very comfortable marking both players when needed to. If a team has players good enough it doesn't matter where they play. The fact is Mpad were, on the day, far superior in every position and totally dominated Crowntown from start to finish. We thoroughly deserved the win and I feel confident that we can repeat the performance in the reverse fixture.

How insecure must the Mpad players be? Not content with a convincing win, that's two of them that have to justify it and imply that, somehow, they were even better than the result suggests.

How sad. How ungracious, how arrogant.

And this one didn't even notice that the CAPS LOCK is on! Or is he shouting for effect?

Maybe he didn't see Mpad a few years ago. They may not have been worse, but, at times it was a very close run thing. I don't recall anyone finding it necessary to slag off a struggling team then.

Maybe counselling will help.

I dont know why some of you MPad lads feel the need to slag off Crowntown, they've always been a decent and well-run side in the Sunday League, it just looks likes they've fallen on some hard times but im sure they will turn it around.

Fortunes can change very quickly in football, i can rememeber a couple of seasons ago when i played for The Oxford, Crowntown absoultely walked Division 2, whereas MPad were easily one of the worst teams in the league, on the recieving end of a high-scoring hammering every week.

Yeah, well said both Bill and 1 and a 6. Having played in this league a few years I've been on my fair share of hidings and also handed a few out. I've got nothing but respect for a team who keep trying for the whole 90 mins no matter what the score. I'm sure Crowntown will get it sorted, hopefully in time for the return match v Mpad ;) . What goes around comes around..

I dont want to get involved with the bickering here but to big yourself up so early on in a season with one good result is hardly anyway to go :(

I guess the real challenge lies in being able to acheive results week in week out and to be honest a win is a win and to be as gracious :thumbsup: in winning as much as holding your head high :D when losing. The only impression i get from these comments is your making all other teams in this league more determined to beat you and then rub your own noses in your own making, good luck with that one. :clapper:

The best Crowntown player was the young lad on the wing with the long hair and I honestly don't think he would get into the Mpad side. What position were you playing Woodmanaldo? I think the return game will be interesting if Crowntown has as many players to return as they say. Mpad also have players who can step in and strengthen the side. As far as players playing out of position goes I was forced to play at Right Back, even though I usually play as a very attacking minded winger I wasn't troubled by either the winger or the full back at any stage and felt very comfortable marking both players when needed to. If a team has players good enough it doesn't matter where they play. The fact is Mpad were, on the day, far superior in every position and totally dominated Crowntown from start to finish. We thoroughly deserved the win and I feel confident that we can repeat the performance in the reverse fixture.

I played centreback, the taller of the two of us.

I guess you were disappointed at only winning 15-0... clearly something like 367-0 would have been a better reflection on the gulf in the class between the two sides... all of your side needs to take a good hard look at themselves if you can only beat the worst team you've ever played against at any level that only had 10 players 15-0... it's a good job you've players to come back so you can strengthen your team.

We're delighted with 15-0, 3 points is what we aim for every week and 3 points is what we got. I think it is the Crowntown players who need to take a look at themselves, afterall it was your team that was let down by players. Mpad has a sloid base of players that can be called upon and we don't struggle to field a team. You better hope, after your tantrum, that your players turn up and perform next time to justify your comments.

We're delighted with 15-0, 3 points is what we aim for every week and 3 points is what we got. I think it is the Crowntown players who need to take a look at themselves, afterall it was your team that was let down by players. Mpad has a sloid base of players that can be called upon and we don't struggle to field a team. You better hope, after your tantrum, that your players turn up and perform next time to justify your comments.

Ooooooooh!! How easy it is to be smug when things are going well.

Crowntown is rebuilding after losing virtually the whole of the squad to Troon's new Combination side. The only thing that's not negotiable is the sporting attitude of its players.

If ANY of my players had said or written anything like you two, about a team that they'd beaten (and in some seasons we have won games comfortably.) they would have been in trouble. I just don't want, or need, club members who can't win without gloating.

I know it's early in the season, and I hate to mention this, but which team is bottom of the sporting marks for the entire Sunday League?(Ans Mpad). Which team is top? Need I say it?

I dont want to get involved with the bickering here but to big yourself up so early on in a season with one good result is hardly anyway to go :(

I guess the real challenge lies in being able to acheive results week in week out and to be honest a win is a win and to be as gracious :thumbsup: in winning as much as holding your head high :D when losing. The only impression i get from these comments is your making all other teams in this league more determined to beat you and then rub your own noses in your own making, good luck with that one. :clapper:

I agree with Lionheart.

I think every team in the league will be looking forward to playing MPad now soley to shut them up. ( Apart from Shortlanesend. Who have allready beaten them this season!) ;)

I too can remember playing Crowntown a few years back when they walked Div 2. Some of the players are still there i think. There a good bunch of lads who will bounce back i'm sure. :c:

Guest WendronSun

I totally agree with "oldasitgets" what ever happened to be sporting?? Humble in victory etc

"Pride comes before a fall" - Just remember that!! :rolleyes:

I look forward to playing MPAD on sunday and no matter what the result, we will enjoy the football because that is what it is all about..

See you Sunday MPAD I look forward to a good ninety minutes, where the right team will get the result, but we'll let the football do the talking :thumbsup:

I totally agree with "oldasitgets" what ever happened to be sporting?? Humble in victory etc

"Pride comes before a fall" - Just remember that!! :rolleyes:

I look forward to playing MPAD on sunday and no matter what the result, we will enjoy the football because that is what it is all about..

See you Sunday MPAD I look forward to a good ninety minutes, where the right team will get the result, but we'll let the football do the talking :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it WendronSun. It was a tight pre-season friendly game and you took your chances so should be interesting to see what happens.

As for Crowntown I know what it's like to struggle to get a team together, as well as be let down be players last minute. They've been a good team before and they have stuffed us in the past. The players they did have played in a good spirit and kept going until the end.

Guest Postie Pidge

From a personal opinion, I'm embarrassed that anyone can get any enjoyment from winning 15-0 and then to really gloat about it.

Crowntown did the decent thing by turning up short - many teams would have cried off but they played the full 90 minutes without arguing or falling out. Teams that make the effort deserve praise not to be slagged off. I've been on the wrong end of several heavy defeats and nothing feels worse but to have gloating like that doesn't do anyone any good.

Top marks to Crowntown!

Guest WendronSun

Just another example of the morons who convinced me to give up running the League ............they really must enjoy their lives !!!

Why do they even bother if all that matters is winning ???

What happened to playing in a sporting manner ???

I don`t miss those idiots one bit :SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton:

Exactly and that is what I am trying to say, this is about a group of lads having a bit of fun on a Sunday morning, hell if you were that good, you'd be playing at a higher level... :smiley20:

Yes it is nice to win and hell we all enjoy it, but to then belittle a team who turned out despite going through some tough times, not on lads!!

Mark, nice to see your comments, lets make sure that this game is played in a good spirit and the few don't spoil it for the many.. :clapper:

I know this is an old thread but I've been reading down through the comments (by the Mpad players) and can't believe they actually understand what sport is all about. It would be great to see this team meet one of the top sides in the Sunday Cup and for them to be given a demoralising hammering.

Not all Mpad players Dave

There are. it would seem, two or three who haven't quite got to adulthood yet.

I would think that Mark is over the moon. Sponsoring a football team to publicise a P.R. company has a delicious irony if, you read the contributions made on its behalf!

Shooting yourself in the foot? Maybe! ;)

just to reitereate ( am sure thats spelt wrong but its late) that its not all the mpad players. having said that id look forward to the challenge of playing a top sunday league side. may well be on the wrong side of things on the day but would enjoy it and having won most things in the sunday leagues and being part of a top side in the sunday league for several seasons starting around 18years ago the success isnt all its cracked up to be playing for a top side. play and enjoy and play sunday footy how it should be played. I enjoy playing for a so called lesser side in div 2 as much as i ever did playing at the top of div 1 as a goal keeper. lets all keep things in perspective. keep playing and enjoying your football and a beer after people

Guest mariner

I played for Crowntown on Sunday... and I find your comments as somewhat of an insult. Yes we didn't play very well at all, and even if we had 11 you still would have won... but it was the first game for a number of the players.

I played Duchy 2 all of last season... and could more than hold my own in your side... I actually think I was one of the better players on the pitch that day... you only had about 15 chances and they all went in.

Seeing as your so much better than us, when we next play maybe you should play with 8 men all playing out of position, because it wont matter as we're the worst team you've ever played against.

How the F**K can you play in a team and in the defence of that side that conceeded 15 goals, and then say you where 1 of the BETTER PLAYERS ON THE DAY what the F88K are you on?

Ok, I played in this game for Crowntown and I'd just like to make a few points to those players that are shamelessly gloating about beating us 15-0.

1. This is amateur football. The bottom division of Sunday League in Cornwall. It's pretty much the worst standard of football in the country. But it's supposed to be fun, I don't turn up every week thinking I'm going to win, I turn up everyweek to kick a ball about, keep my fitness up, have a bit of fun and shake hands at the end of the game. Did I enjoy getting beaten 15-0? Yes. Not because we lost 15-0 but because I got 90 minutes of football had a good kick about and felt good after 90 minutes of running around.

2. The result reflected the difference between the team but there were two main reasons the balance was tipped in your favour; 1, We had a new Goalkeeper who was quite frankly awful, I take my hat off to him for coming along and playing with us and if he turns up this coming sunday I will happily play with him again and give him more encouragement, but he was pretty much the sole reason for 10 or so of your goals. His mobility/lack of experience meant that he was nowhere near half of them, he comically gifted you two goals and his appalling kicks and throws into dangerous areas or in lots of cases straight to your strikers or wingers cost us countless goals. Added to this the fact we had 1 striker due to the lack of an 11th man meant your centrebacks were comfortable all game and able to push up and support your midfield while your fullbacks attacked often, safe in the knowledge we couldnt get men forward.

3. We lost 8 players last season to combination football, we had a good side which would have at easily challenged you and would in all fairness have beaten you. Last season we drew 2-2 with you and would have won but for a freak own goal, we controlled the game comfortably and you never looked like winning.

4. So where do you pick up after losing 8 players? Well if any of the comments during the game and on here would have you believe then we should have folded as club after 20 odd years and left the remaining players on a limb. It's obviously not worth playing if you don't have a team that can win a game.

5. We had 13 first thing that morning and we let down by 3, leaving us 10 players. Rather than letting down the 14 or so players that turned up for you, we made a sporting decision to try our best and give you a game. After the unsporting comments on here I'm wondering why we bothered.

I'd just like to reiterate again, this is the lowest standard of football you can play, if your not happy that your opposition isn't up to your standard **** OFF AND PLAY IN ANOTHER LEAGUE.

Ok, I played in this game for Crowntown and I'd just like to make a few points to those players that are shamelessly gloating about beating us 15-0.

1. This is amateur football. The bottom division of Sunday League in Cornwall. It's pretty much the worst standard of football in the country. But it's supposed to be fun, I don't turn up every week thinking I'm going to win, I turn up everyweek to kick a ball about, keep my fitness up, have a bit of fun and shake hands at the end of the game. Did I enjoy getting beaten 15-0? Yes. Not because we lost 15-0 but because I got 90 minutes of football had a good kick about and felt good after 90 minutes of running around.

2. The result reflected the difference between the team but there were two main reasons the balance was tipped in your favour; 1, We had a new Goalkeeper who was quite frankly awful, I take my hat off to him for coming along and playing with us and if he turns up this coming sunday I will happily play with him again and give him more encouragement, but he was pretty much the sole reason for 10 or so of your goals. His mobility/lack of experience meant that he was nowhere near half of them, he comically gifted you two goals and his appalling kicks and throws into dangerous areas or in lots of cases straight to your strikers or wingers cost us countless goals. Added to this the fact we had 1 striker due to the lack of an 11th man meant your centrebacks were comfortable all game and able to push up and support your midfield while your fullbacks attacked often, safe in the knowledge we couldnt get men forward.

3. We lost 8 players last season to combination football, we had a good side which would have at easily challenged you and would in all fairness have beaten you. Last season we drew 2-2 with you and would have won but for a freak own goal, we controlled the game comfortably and you never looked like winning.

4. So where do you pick up after losing 8 players? Well if any of the comments during the game and on here would have you believe then we should have folded as club after 20 odd years and left the remaining players on a limb. It's obviously not worth playing if you don't have a team that can win a game.

5. We had 13 first thing that morning and we let down by 3, leaving us 10 players. Rather than letting down the 14 or so players that turned up for you, we made a sporting decision to try our best and give you a game. After the unsporting comments on here I'm wondering why we bothered.

I'd just like to reiterate again, this is the lowest standard of football you can play, if your not happy that your opposition isn't up to your standard **** OFF AND PLAY IN ANOTHER LEAGUE.

I thought for a moment that I'd written that lot!

Can't argue with much there. I may disagree about the standard being all that low. Sometimes teams really get it together and we do see some quite good football. (I don't think Mpad are shining examples of quality) I'm not sure, whatever I may have thought, that I'd have been quite so critical of an individual player in print.

If I didn't write it, can I second it?

what the hell, ill second it haha. as for the standard of teams and players i thought myself i had a great game only missing 2 open goals!!!! one which was sent about 100yards over the bar from 6yards out!!!! sorry didnt like to remind people of that but thought id add something a little more light hearted. thank god cudlip is making me look good...sorry mike, only joking...yes u have scored more than me (as apparently we arent counting friendlies!!!)