Cornwall Football Forum

Massey's Mutterings starts its top players to have escaped the Professional net

Hi Steve, How do you rate Falmouths Dressing room then? Not trying to stir anything up just want your opinion.

with regards

John

i always think there were many players who could have been a pro. I would say Andy Street would be one. Boy could Alan Carey do with a player like him in midfield now!!!!

How about Steve Sid Taylor? Or even Mark Rapsey?

Thanks John,should have tried harder and stayed out the disco,s!!!! agree with you with regards to sledge. (andy street)! always said that myself,he had everything.two good feet,brilliant in the air,hard tackle,could glide past players,pass on a sixpence,and would run all day.there are alot of players in cornwall that ive seen over the years that could have gone pro if they lived up the line.people like steve massey,garry bannister,george torrance,john hodge and martin gritton will tell you that and they should know!!! just hope the youngsters of the future get better opportunities john? :c:

Got to agree there Mark,

Having watched Cornish football for 40 years Andy was the complete footballer.

A player I would edge ahead of Andy Street was for Town in the 70's being Norman Ashe who had identical atributes but was that bit sharper in front of goal.

Andy Street P.293 Goals 85

Norman Ashe P.250 Goals 110.

Looking at it from a selfish point of view I guess we should all be grateful that the lack of interest shown in our County from pro clubs over the years has atleast allowed us to enjoy these players week in, week out on our doorsteps. Pro clubs loss and our gain I suppose.

Spot on rappo, as ive stated many a time, Andrew Street had it all as a player in my opinion.

Graham Allen only played most of his football down here for Mullion, but you would'nt find a better midfielder anywhere in the county, then or now!

you never seen Andrew Street play then? No offence meant!

Thanks John,should have tried harder and stayed out the disco,s!!!!

Discos Rappo...come on....you're showing your age now mate.....You & Simon O'Brien had trials years ago didnt you....?????? Halifax....I remember all the talk because Simon was playing Sunday footie for us at Holmans at the time if I'm not mistaken?

Jake Harvey.... After going over to Brazil to play for a PRO side, it looked as though he was gonna make a career out of the game. But came home cause he missed his MUMMY/DADDY :P , but he did like the Senioritas :thumbsup: . Got the best first touch i have seen outside of the Pro game.

Sorry mate! nightclubs!!!! see your still playing well :thumbsup: we went halifax town for 2 weeks.meant to have played 3 games but we only played one cos of the freezing weather!!! never been so cold in my life mate! me,rog and simon battered the expenses bill on the last couple of nights.we knew we were,nt going back mate!!! :thumbsup: :c:

Hi Mike hope you're well.

Yeah was up there for a while. Scored on my debut against Bournemouth after 7 minutes!!! Apparently Bally really liked me but it went abit downhill after that with me dodgy knees!!!

Better go mate we're in the Maldives and the Mrs has booked the "couples all body massage" for 7pm!!!!!!......it could take a while with my body these days mate!!!!!! (we're 4 hours ahead of you incase you were wondering).

Thinking of you all from Paradise!!!

Rappo

x

:c: