Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Can you post your scores, scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Tuesday 18th August

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray) 1-0 Illogan RBL

Att - 90

Helston Athletic (Neil Southall 3, Phil Black, Reg Pearson) 5-1 Holman SC (Tom Blaber)

Att - 34

Mullion (Ben Tremayne, Ben Casley) 2-1 Wendron CC United Reserves (Mark Pope)

Att - 35

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Andy Trathan, Lawrie Magowan, OG) 3-2 St Day (Duane Britton, Brett Wasden)

Att - 70

Penzance Reserves (Max Davies, Steve Hancock, Ryan Holland) 3-3 St Agnes (Tom Benny 3)

Att - 64

Perranwell (Tom Hardwick, Luke Kelland)l 2-0 Portreath

Att - 41

Porthleven Reserves (Nick Perry, Neil Bartlett) 2-1 Hayle Reserves (Jodie Hampton)

Att - 42

St Ives Town 0-5 Troon (Shane Richards 3, Scott Grant, Daniel Bell)

Att - 25

St Just (Scott Meagor 2, Gary Matthews, Jon Bird, Tom Mannering) 5-0 Ludgvan

Att - ???

Your right Rich it was Penryn 3 St Day 2.

Having watched the second half of the game i can say that Penryn deserved all 3 points. Penryn was awsome going forward with Jason Roberts running poor Jon Rowe ragged. Taking of him he had an absolute mare tonight, not winning headers, keeping Penryn on side etc.

He wasnt his usual self because i think he felt intimidated by the Penryn supporters. He sat at the back and didnt move, he just looked like a yellow blob with the number 6 on his shirt.

With 10 minutes remaining the tackles were flying in from St Day and to be fair Penryns youngsters took them and gave some back.

Great game to watch espcially if your a Penryn lad :P

FIFI D

:c:

portreath parked the bus in front of there goal tonight and the keeper made some awesome saves. also our finishing was woeful.will be a good game at troon on saturday after the result they have had 2night shame i wont be here as im off on holiday but hope we can get a good result. also well done penryn,so st day aint as good as every1 makes out?haha

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

I unfort had the 2nd for Penryn so put it down for a og! Not sure what game Kirk was watching but Penryn didnt deserve all 3 points. Both teams had good fair challenges goin in and I think Penryn will be a strong team this year if they play like that every week. I feel a draw wouldve been a fair result but thats football for you! Scorers for the saints was Duane Britton and Brett Wadson. Good luck the rest of the season.

Perran

Guest gunners

well done to penryn today. Thiought the ref was very weak tonight. penryn scored from 2 set peices. have a guess what we will be doing in training. St Day pretty slack really.

Think its a kick up the arse we all need

We will bounce back thats what good teams do.

Good luck to penryn for rest of season. Should be a good game when we play u at are place.

Once again Kirk thanks for your nice word.

One day u might grow up eh???

Guest The Patriot

Well well patriot that's some result! And I quote" the 3rd team are better than the combo team!" Glass houses my love! My comment is in no way a dig at penryn 3rd team!

Glass houses shouldn't be used as its not even in context. For example if i called someone a Matelot then it would used, as i am also a matelot. I hope that makes sense to you patch. Humble pie would be correct.

We didn't deserve to win. Poor all over. Some intersting descisions going both ways, i think the ref even confused him self sometimes.

Best of luck to Penryn 2NDS for the rest of the season

just a reply to perran, good game tonight, you want to have a word with your right back! THE PATRIOT!! HA! as awesome as he was tonight (worst player on your team by far!) he gave the ryn all the motivation they needed! saying the third team were better, questioning our morals by asking sarcastically "I wonder what team they will put out as their firsts don't have a game??" (not 1 as we have a big enough and talented enough squad of our own!) quotes like this don't help your team and often come back to bite you in the buttocks, much like what happened tonight!!!! penryn have a great set up this year with four strong teams!

falmouth town 1 illogan 0

a very entertaining game especially in the 2nd half with chances at both ends. illogan deserved something out of the game with the amount of chances they got but a combination of near misses and some superb goalkeeping saves from home keeper scoffin kept illogan at bay.

both sides will do well this season if they can play like this each week.

not sure of town scorer but am sure postie pidge will enlighten us

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

Some shock results tonight....Should be a interesting season!! I thought the Patriot played well tonight but all of us were not and still not showing our potential but its a long season so lets see if we can improve on our 6th from bottom result from last year....Think we should!lol

Helston 5 holmans 1

Att 34

Neil southall 3 phil black and reg Pearson

Don't know the holmans scorer

Holmans goalscorer Tom Blaber.....battling performance again from the away side who were leading 0-1 however some poor defensive moments and being caught in possession cost them dear....away to penryn 3rds sat (well our 2nds are!!!!1) we are away to penryn 2nds jolly day out for the boys from camborne and looking forward to playing on daves hallowed turf! :D

Porthleven 2 Hayle 1

H/T 2-0

Not a classic by any means, but a fantastic first game for us (Port). Both teams gave there all. Port dominated the first half, first goal a Darren Robertson flick on calmly finished by Nick Perry. Second goal 15 minutes later, myself (thought i'd get it in there) combining with Paul Ainscough to set up Neil Bartlett.

Second half was much more even. Hayle came out of the blocks quickest, as we expected. Jodie Hampton scoring a header with 25-30 minutes to play. No clear chances after that. Port had a couple of counter attacks that the Hayle keeper dealt with well. But in truth our keeper Rob Hoare didnt have a save to make.

Without being biased, i think we 2-1 was the right result and doubt Hayle could argue that too much. The ref (Paul.... ) had a good game. Booked me too which was the right decision. (If I two stone lighter i'd of got there!!!). :SM_carton_y:

Best of luck to Hayle - seemed like a good bunch of lads (on the whole).

My Port M.O.M - Matt Dawson

Head count 42.

Deano :thumbsup:

Guest The Patriot

Why did you highlight the word seconds? For a minute there I thought I had been outsmarted by a slap head but after Reading you post it doesn't make all that much sense! "if I called someone a matelot then it would used! Eh

Was going to send you a PM but i thought i'd just post it.

No need to get personel. I highlighted 2nds as i said about 1st teamers, hence Humble pie!? Still dont understand? A matelot is slang for Naval servicemen. But never mind if you didn't know that. Dont start name calling and start something you wouldn't want to finish ;) . Are you like Kirk and like having a crowd behind you to air your thoughts? B) Super saints.. Another person hiding behind an alias? Well done you. Obviously hiding something.. Are you the 2nd gunman from the Grassy Knoll?...Keep up Patch please.... :wacko:

GOODBYE ALL FROM ME

Why did you highlight the word seconds? For a minute there I thought I had been outsmarted by a slap head but after Reading you post it doesn't make all that much sense! "if I called someone a matelot then it would used! Eh

Was going to send you a PM but i thought i'd just post it.

No need to get personel. I highlighted 2nds as i said about 1st teamers, hence Humble pie!? Still dont understand? A matelot is slang for Naval servicemen. But never mind if you didn't know that. Dont start name calling and start something you wouldn't want to finish ;) . Are you like Kirk and like having a crowd behind you to air your thoughts? B) Super saints.. Another person hiding behind an alias? Well done you. Obviously hiding something.. Are you the 2nd gunman from the Grassy Knoll?...Keep up Patch please.... :wacko:

no mate i was playing tonight! just sharing my thoughts post match as you were doing pre-match!!! not sure what i could be hiding really???

i agree with patch to, your post which is obviously trying to justify your earlier comments is jibberish!

Falmouth Town Res 1 Illogan 0

absolutely crackin game, the old sayin though, a game of 2 halves! Thought we (Falmouth) dominated the first half, Wyatt in goal havin a couple of good saves and also Bobby Bryant hitting the post and Falmouth missing 2 or 3 good chances, really should have gone in 2 or 3 goals to the good, but when you dont take the chances u know it could bite u back!

obviously you know Illogan were goin to come on strong second half and that they did, 3 top class saves from Bryan Scoffin in goal for Falmouth as Illogan looked to get a grip on the game, saying that, Falmouth also still had 2 or 3 good chances themselves before Luke Murray was put clear to slot a nice finish into the corner

Illogan responded again hittin the bar and the post as the game got stretched, bit in the end we held out for a 1 nil win, Illogan will say they desreved at least a draw, we would say over both halves we thought we did enough to pinch it, either way, crackin game with lots of chances, good advert for the combo league!

All the best to Illogan, good bunch of lads and will obviously do well this season!

I was a neutral at todays game of st.day and penryn. it was a fantastic game for a neutral which i think people would agree. penryn looked impressive in my eyes the young lad jason up front and cpt number 3 particulary good. yes as people said some good challenges goin in and strong ones but i think the ref got alot of unneeded stick from fans when he gave what he saw and it might not of been right in every1s eyes but at end of day no refs no games!!!

A entertaining game and a good crowd! great atmosphere! brett was good for st.day and also barney wen he was able to get time on the ball with a cracking cross for bretts goal. st.day lacked bite but its early days in season and as we are seein people are beating each other left right and centre in this league.

on a whole i think a draw would of been a fair result but if a win had to of been given penryn would of had best shout.

great game.

patch and patriot keep ur argument in pvt .. its worse then the local wi with u 2 lol

best of luck to both teams for the season

also popped down to illogan v falmouth after the game and illogan should of got sumthing from that game from what i saw in 2nd half ...few missed chances and a blatent foul missed for the fal goal by the ref.

Watched troon vs st ives and think troon totally out played st ives with gary bell controling the midfield a good hat-trick from shane richards, nicki richards and scott grant looked a centre back pair,also an absoulte rocket of a free-kick from danny bell one of the best strikes i have seen 4 a while,the left back and left winger for st ives were good players dont no names tho.

Falmouth Town Res 1 Illogan 0

absolutely crackin game, the old sayin though, a game of 2 halves! Thought we (Falmouth) dominated the first half, Wyatt in goal havin a couple of good saves and also Bobby Bryant hitting the post and Falmouth missing 2 or 3 good chances, really should have gone in 2 or 3 goals to the good, but when you dont take the chances u know it could bite u back!

obviously you know Illogan were goin to come on strong second half and that they did, 3 top class saves from Bryan Scoffin in goal for Falmouth as Illogan looked to get a grip on the game, saying that, Falmouth also still had 2 or 3 good chances themselves before Luke Murray was put clear to slot a nice finish into the corner

Illogan responded again hittin the bar and the post as the game got stretched, bit in the end we held out for a 1 nil win, Illogan will say they desreved at least a draw, we would say over both halves we thought we did enough to pinch it, either way, crackin game with lots of chances, good advert for the combo league!

All the best to Illogan, good bunch of lads and will obviously do well this season!

A good report Mark -It seems a good honest assessment of the game.

Looking at the CTB Stats' It was Town's first victory over Illogan in four seasons (or the last 7 league games) and it was only the second victory at Bickland during the last 9 seasons.

Illogan have been a true bogey team for Falmouth.

Luke Murray (managers son) with 3 goals from two games is he a future prospect ?

Lets get over the little imature digs at each other fellas. It was an entertaing game last night for all. I personally thought a draw would have been a fair result but we all have our opinions. Penryn as we all know will always be a tidy outfit. They worked very hard last night for each other and deserve a pat on the back well done lads.

The referee was awful and I know he knows it for both sides. Has any manager out there every been booked for asking to bring a sub on, if thats the law then no problem. But what is the law on the over the top diving in 2 footed scissor tackle.

Very early days and the hype will go on. As Ive said this is going to be the hardest combination league to win for a long time and it will be decided over 38 games. We needed a kick up the ass. Roll on Mullion Saturday where we will be looking to put it right.

Good luck to all at the Ryn my home town club see you all soon....

WINNO

XXXXX

Guest Postie Pidge

pidge what was falmouth line up??

Bryan Scoffin, Darren Friend, Chris Pellow, Dave Rawlings, Matt Roberts, Bobby Bryant, Luke Appleton, Steve Winnan, Steve Owen, Luke Murray, Duncan Gillett