Cornwall Football Forum

Brian Biggin Newquay AFC President

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Get well soon Brian, I know you and Sandra read the forum, hope to see you both at Mount Wise soon.

Mark & Jen

Two of Perranporth's Club Officials went to see Brian in Treliske yesterday, having seen the many messages of support on here they sent them on to Brian so he could be aware of the support he is getting. Apparently Brian told them that he is likely to be moving to Newquay Hospital so he can be closer to home.

Although i do not post on here very often i had to post on this one.Brian and Sandra are two of the nicest people i have ever met and are Mr and Mrs Newquay AFC. Despite the rivalry when i was playing between Falmouth and Newquay i always thought i wish they were at my club. The respect Newquay AFC have earned over the years is largely down to them. I know i speak for everybody at Falmouth who knows them so please let us know how he is getting on and give our love to Sandra. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear brian is on the mend one thing you can say about brian he is a true fighter and will be back at mt wise soon cheering the peppermints on hes newquay through +through brian was a tough footballer and hes a lovely bloke and i have known him for year and hope to know him for several more my mum used to take my dad up mt wise in his wheel chair after his stroke and brian always chatted to him even though my dad couldnt speak or move ,so i would like to wish brian a speedy recovery and see him soon at the ground when you think of newquay fc you think of brian a real nice bloke all best brian. :c:

• 3 weeks later...

Last evening (Tuesday) Brian passed peacefully away after a short illness at Newquay Hospital. Many thanks to all the staff at Newquay Hospital for the wonderful care and kindness shown to him over the last three weeks. My sincere thanks for the cards and messages, and to all his friends who viisted him in hospital,friends Brian has made in football over the last fifty years. :c:

Guest Peppermint

This is indeed a very sad day for everyone at Newquay Football Club. On behalf of the Committee and the members of the Club we would like to express our condolences to Sandra, Tamsin and Andy and all Brian's family.

Brian was Mr Newquay Football Club and I think I am correct in saying he held just about every post in the Club over the many years he was associated with the Peppermints. Starting as a player, then Manager, Coach, Secretary and latterly as a hands on President. He was as most people know a well respected FA Councillor and he will be sorely missed by everyone he met.

On a personal note he was a tremendous help when I became Football Secretary and latterly Chairman of the Club he loved. I shall miss discussing football matters over a pint in the Clubhouse and he was very knowledgeable about everything football. Brian is irreplaceable and Mount Wise will be a sadder place without him.

RIP Brian.

Graham Drew, Chairman of Newquay Football Club

What a sad day for Cornish Football. My thoughts go out to his family, especially Sandra. You will be sadly missed at Mount Wise. The work you have done is invaluable and immense, thank you.

A legend of Newquay Football Club.

Brian Biggins R.I.P

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed by Graham and Grant that Newquay Football club will be devestated by this sad news. Even since Brian's illness there are so many things that I now realise Brian did for the club that I had not recognised previously. It will be extremely strange not having Brian around on match days as evrything functioned perfectly when he was there. My condolences go to Sandra, Tamsin and all the family.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

A sad day for Sandra and the family, Newquay AFC and Cornish Football.

A wonderful man who had Newquay AFC at his heart, Brian will be sorely missed by many many folk. RIP as you never rested whilst at Mount Wise, knowing Brian he will be watching down on on the club he loved for well over 50 years.

We have all lost a geat man.

Best Wishes to Sandra and family.

Mark & Jen x

Very Very sad loss to Cornish football, Brian was the most recognisable person you see at Mount Wise.

Where ever we bumped into each other it was always a good humour occasion.

The last time I saw Brian was at Treyew Road (end of season) parked next to each other and after comparing our car hand controls he then pipped me in a race to the grandstand.

I trust most clubs will pay respect on Saturday

sincere condolences to his closest family and friends.

A very sad day for Newquay Football Club and Cornish Football.

Brian was well known as Mr Newquay Football Club not just in Newquay but across the County and justifiably so as well.

He will be sadly missed.

Condolences to Sandra and family

RIP Brian

Barbs

Guest newquayafc3rds

A very sad day , for everyone at Newquay Football Club,as we a new team at Newquay,brian would had loved to watch all the new young players playing for his club.

Brian was a true football man,the club meant everything to him,and when i run my soccer schools at the club , he would be there everyday watching and helping me out,

A big loss,for cornwall,and for Newquay.

If Newquay get a new stand, or a new ground it should be named the THE BRIAN BIGGINS STAND OR STAUDIM.

A Newquay legend

R.I.P BRIAN

My condolences go to Sandra, Tamsin and all the family.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE AT NEWQUAY 3RD'S

LEON HYDE AND PLAYERS