Cornwall Football Forum

ST DAY

Guest Kimbo Slice

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweeper

Don't want to teach you guys how to suck eggs, cause you've been on this site a long time, and i'm just a begginer, but it might be an idea if you checked out St. Days website they have a list of who has signed :rolleyes:

Guest Kimbo Slice

Doz Winno really think he can win the league with the signings he's made ? Looks like a team of crocks and cow kickers. Capes always injured, never been the same since he left Goonhavern, Trevaskis always injured, never been the same since he left Truro. Morley Fal&Hel Div 2, Breasley...............what a joke :thumbsup:

Guest WINNO

If Rodger and I didnt rate the players we have signed then they wouldnt be at St Day this season. Just because they are not on ££££££££ a game it doesnt mean they are not bad players. But time will tell we will see......

If Rodger and I didnt rate the players we have signed then they wouldnt be at St Day this season. Just because they are not on ££££££££ a game it doesnt mean they are not bad players. But time will tell we will see......

not avin a pop at ya sy mate--but im confused here...

if they arent bein payed--how come you couldnt get any of these players to sign for wendron when you was in charge?

good luck in ur new ventures

Looks like st day will be the team to beat this season :c:

And Ludgvan, Mullion, Culdrose, Penryn etc etc !! An off chance Perranwell!! But who would want to play on that pitch?? :D:D:D But put the same team on Wembley!!!! and the result would be the same !!

:c:

Guest sweeper

if they arent bein payed--how come you couldnt get any of these players to sign for wendron when you was in charge?

It sounds like simon and this rodger bloke are doing something right, they seemed to have attracted a lot of new blood to st day.

Cause reading some of the other threads on this website it seems like a lot of other clubs are struggling to hold on to players.

Sorry to change the subject, but having just moved down here and signed on as a ref for the forthcoming season, can someone tell me who this Issac rosenberg I keep being warned about is. Some have told me he is a linesman of some repute, who's flag arm is connected to the centre halves bottom jaw, some others have told me that he is just a sad old man who's only outlet in life since his pet skunk died (which he keeps in a cardboard box in his pocket hense the smell) is to take out his many frustrations on the female of the species?

Maybe i should start a new thread and start a poll, asking for your thoughts on this individual.

I could call it - isaac rosenberg the truth behind the legend.

Guest TRuss

Just replying to winston, i dunno where this 5 clubs stuff has come from but ive been to 2 training sessions, 1 at penryn and 1 at truro and thats it. And im not joining St Day, me and Winno have been player and manager before this and we clashed lol, but best of lucky to Winno and St Day. Cheers for the comment Eddie :thumbsup:

Guest Gears of War

Looks like st day will be the team to beat this season :c:

And Ludgvan, Mullion, Culdrose, Penryn etc etc !! An off chance Perranwell!! But who would want to play on that pitch?? :D:D:D But put the same team on Wembley!!!! and the result would be the same !!

:blink:

Guest Tax-Dodging Saint

1. I would just to first say that as I am always mentioned on here as the manager at St Day people seem to forget that its a joint venture between myself and Roger Sowden.

2.Yes I am regularly at the Gym and training very hard never know I maybe required to don the gloves at some stage this season.

3.Strikers we have signed Steve Capeling,Tony Morley,Duaine Briton and Kayne Trevaskis. Negotiations are underway with Domo and are at an indepth stage but he has not put pen to paper yet.

4. Johnny Rowe is a top player and will be awesome for us at St Day.....

:clapper::drink:

I am hurt Winno.................................what position have you got in mind for me if i'm not a striker?!?!?!?!?!

I know i'm not in the long term plans but still, that cuts deep lol

Guest WINNO

1. I would just to first say that as I am always mentioned on here as the manager at St Day people seem to forget that its a joint venture between myself and Roger Sowden.

2.Yes I am regularly at the Gym and training very hard never know I maybe required to don the gloves at some stage this season.

3.Strikers we have signed Steve Capeling,Tony Morley,Duaine Briton and Kayne Trevaskis. Negotiations are underway with Domo and are at an indepth stage but he has not put pen to paper yet.

4. Johnny Rowe is a top player and will be awesome for us at St Day.....

5. Stu Reynolds is also on our books centre forward / centre half going to be away teaching but a great asset when avaliable. We also have Brynn Wheeler lined up....

All these has beens I know. Im also signed crap keeper in reserve just incase.....

:drink:

:clapper::drink:

Just replying to winston, i dunno where this 5 clubs stuff has come from but ive been to 2 training sessions, 1 at penryn and 1 at truro and thats it. And im not joining St Day, me and Winno have been player and manager before this and we clashed lol, but best of lucky to Winno and St Day. Cheers for the comment Eddie :thumbsup:

Tom will not be at St Day he hasnt trained with us and as far as I know he is staying at Truro City.

Tom and I had our differances when I was at Helston and he left. But I forget things like that thats football Im afraid. He is a nice bloke whom speaks his mind I like that and would love to see him at St Day perhaps in the future but at the moment he is not with us........

Good luck Russ for the season...... :drink:

Marcus belive me I tried over 50 players to join Wendron in my short spell there. Lots of reason they wouldnt come.

1. To late in the season

2. Who wants to join a struggling team

3. Travelling.

4. They want to see ambition and club direction.

At St Day we are looking after the players as professionally as we can in the right way for a combo club, the club has massive ambition and its a fresh start to the season.

SIMPLE

Sorry buddy

:thumbsup:

Guest bunditheboss

one portreath player offered 35 pounds a game???????

nice to have money at a club but money doesnt bring loyalty!!!!!!

also dont think joint management will work, cracks will appear in your differences, i give you 4 months and one of you guys will be gone!!!!!!

Guest WINNO

£35 a game whos that name him!!!!!!. Are you the same person who has stated on here that ROGER and myself will be good together and wished us all the best???????WEIRD

Its not my fault you got Jerry Ede your club appointed him its not our fault pal.

RODGER and I are getting on really well. I know you guys don't like it that he has returned to his roots. But Im glad he has 110%. Portreaths mega loss is St Days mega mega gain......

Guest Kimbo Slice

Winno

Everone in Cornish football knows you constantly harrass players to sign for you whenevr you change clubs, which is generally twice a season. The fact that you openly run down the managers and clubs that they play for shows you have no respect for the players and their clubs. Your stance that the teams you manage never pay money is a mega lie it makes you look very silly indeed. We all know St Day (sorry their sponsor) are paying players this year as was the case with the other north coast club in the combo last year. The only difference is that they admitted it. Do us all a favour Winno, stop going on about how your players are not paid.... Be a man, admit you pay them, realise your not the messiah of the combination league and have some resepect for peoples intelligence.

Kimbo :o "WOOF"

Guest WINNO

I think Kimbos accusations are about as correct as his first bit of info on this topic.

Why dont people sometimes belive that players sometimes join clubs just because they belive in the management and the club in question is going to be successful and that thy will have a lot of fun and be treated with respect.

As for the rest anyone who knows me will realise that if I got something to say its said. Im not a backstabber I will say it to a persons face. But belive what you will your all entitled to your thoughts.

Cheers fellas.

Guest gunners

As aplayer at St Day and a new one. I can confirm to all you jealous little people who have nothing else to do but to run down clubs and there managers no - one is receiving anymoney from no one this seaqson at St Day.

Time to forget about St Day and whats going on down there but to look forward to the season. Obviously a few people have far to many hours a day free on there hands to be slagging of people on here.

Why dont you use all your free time and put it into to your resepective clubs to better them for the season.

Good luck to all clubs this year.

Think the leage will be the best it has been for a long time.

Its a privallge to be involved.

OUT

Guest insider

I think the rumour has come about initiated by Winno's denial that Helston paid when he was there.

The club didnt actually pay money itself, but as many clubs do, an individual or individuals do ...

I guess its a similar situ at St Day

Guest WINNO

I NEVER DENIED ANY MONEY AT HELSTON. £150 A GAME TRAVELLING EXPENSES £10 A GAME PER PLAYER THAT WAS IT NO OUT SIDE BACKERS.

I AM HANGING UP MY GLOVES BOOTS AN ALL ON THIS FORUM ITS JUST FULL OF W--KERS WHO JUST WANT TO STIR UP S--T FOR CLUBS. THERE ARE LOTS OF CLUBS WHOM GET SOME SORT OF MONEY. I KNOW FALMOUTH TOWN COMBO AND PENRYN COMBO MANAGERS GET SOME SORT OF HELP WITH AWAY GAMES. TRAVELLING WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT ANYONE HAVING A DIG NO!!!!!!

THIS IS WINNOS LAST POST ON THIS FORUM AS IM FED UP WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS CONTINUOUSLY ABOUT EVERY SUBJECT THAT COMES UP. CHEERS FELLAS ITS WAS GOOD WHILST IT LASTED.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOR THE SEASON AT ALL LEVELS

WINNO

XXXX

Winno, I know its hard to do but your prob better off just not replying to people who always try to get a bite. Thats what i've started to do (and its bloody hard with a mouth like mine :P ). Theres a lot of people on here that do wish you and St Day the best for the season, don't let a few spoil it for you :D:drink: So don't be another long time forum user that leaves due to the few that have too much time on their hands :smiley20:

Guest bunditheboss

i wish roger all the best at st.day but trust me i know one of the players has been offered money so lets leave it at that, by the way your better off not playing brett pre-season as he need the time to rest winno!!!!

Bundi, no offence mate but if it was not for certain individuals giving players a bit of beer money when you were in the Mining league Portreath would not be in the Combo league now.

Its ok when its on the other foot as they say!

Every season we get this!

Last year it was Constantine in FHFL 2 getting accused which was complete bollox now its St Day! Carharrack will prob get accused of it next week.

Guest bunditheboss

no one evr got paid to play, yes they probably got a free beer at the end of the game and if i am totally honest mate as a committee member of portreath we would never pay our players, this year we could pay our players if we wanted but as a committee thats not the club we wont at portreath, money only brings players in for a short period of time then look what happens when money goes you have to beg the local boys you pissed off to come back, st.day will have success this year i will bet money on it, but thats because of money, there are local boys there that will be pushed out of the club, thats wrong!!!!!!!

i wish carharrack all the luck this year i really do, great club and bloody amazing pitch, one local club i wish would be let into combo, god i remember you guys winning league 3/4 years in a row and rejected every time!!!!! that pitch you have there is better than any combo pitch!!!!!

good luck for the season sir!!!!!

just wish clubs would be honest on here like i am

Mate, like I said I know Portreath FC did not pay players but those conntected to the club slipped a bob or two each week to some players in the team to play. I know your loyal to Portreath and that shows and clubs need people like you.

I personaly cant see what wrong with a club helping out with a bit of petrol money if a player lives a distance away or help out with paying for football boots. Not everyone if in the position to splash out on boots each season.

But two people I personaly knew who played for Portreath got more than petrol money to play each week a couple of seasons back.

Guest bunditheboss

if that did happen then it had nothing to do with the club paying them but maybe it did, but if we did pay players i would come on here and tell the world, it shows how much ambition a club has to succeed, but to sit there saying yes we attracted the players because they love us managers is pretty low, i say grow some balls and tell the truth!!!!!

i will be honest and the position portreath are in now, i could probably get 4 players from st.day back by paying them more than what they have been offered there but that aint my style or Portreaths, every player that wears a portreath shirt or a carharrack shirt will be wearing it because they want to next year not because some idiot gives you money!!!!

i say let st.day get on with winning the league and let the rest of us enjoy playing football

Guest Gears of War

I NEVER DENIED ANY MONEY AT HELSTON. £150 A GAME TRAVELLING EXPENSES £10 A GAME PER PLAYER THAT WAS IT NO OUT SIDE BACKERS.

I AM HANGING UP MY GLOVES BOOTS AN ALL ON THIS FORUM ITS JUST FULL OF W--KERS WHO JUST WANT TO STIR UP S--T FOR CLUBS. THERE ARE LOTS OF CLUBS WHOM GET SOME SORT OF MONEY. I KNOW FALMOUTH TOWN COMBO AND PENRYN COMBO MANAGERS GET SOME SORT OF HELP WITH AWAY GAMES. TRAVELLING WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THAT ANYONE HAVING A DIG NO!!!!!!

THIS IS WINNOS LAST POST ON THIS FORUM AS IM FED UP WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS CONTINUOUSLY ABOUT EVERY SUBJECT THAT COMES UP. CHEERS FELLAS ITS WAS GOOD WHILST IT LASTED.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOR THE SEASON AT ALL LEVELS

WINNO

XXXX

dont give in to bullshit liars who cant be honest mate, the shit stirers you rever to are just simply trying to unsettle your club and the players you may have. good honest people will always provale :c:

Bundi, how can you talk anyway you won the mining league with money! end of the day so what if people are payin money! im good friends wiv winno and hes been tryin to get me out st day everyday and not once has money been involved! so if they are just forget it, u was once!! :drink:

Guest bunditheboss

i have never won the minning league mate lol

if a certain individual was paying money to the players why when that individual wasnt at the club was the players still there????

let st.day do what they want to all i am saying is i feel sorry for the local boys that have been there for years being pushed down into the reserves, money ruins clubs, its what causes unloyal players and once the money goes the club suffers!!!!!!!

Guest gunners

Bundit who ever u are.

I think it was time you dropped your personal little issue with St Day. Like i said in my last post " too much free time " i find it hard to believe the way u speak about St Day and certain individuals that you are on any commite.

You have bored us all to death now with your issues.

Just drop it eh before you start embarassing yourself.

Guest mariner

that pitch you have there is better than any combo pitch!!!!!

good luck for the season sir!!!!!

just wish clubs would be honest on here like i am

:wacko::wacko::wacko: Even Penryns pitch, Wendrons. Think about it DUMBO

Guest bunditheboss

ya i would say carharacks pitch is up to wendrons and penryns standard

just keeping the focus on st.day, gives the rest of the league a rest in getting abuse