Cornwall Football Forum

japanese takeover

well as being a life long supporter of argyle for over 40 years we now have a new chairman so lets hope its a better start the 1st thing which should be done is get rid of sturrock and all those rubbish players he has bought in mostly useless scots he signs players like mpenza and walton what a waste of money he lets the likes of wotton go who always gave 100% to argyle unlike the rubbish there nowget wotton back he also let reuben reid go who cant stop scoring for rotherham and other good players he has let go .All the club care about is a new stand i used to stand by the players tunnel for over 40 yrs and loved taken photos of the players but i can no longer due this due to heavy handed security and last year i had my film ripped out of my camera but i am looking forward to the new season and also the friendly at truro on the 13th ,i would go as far to say sturrock will be gone by xmas still like ian holloway but hes at blackpool now so come on pilgrims must try harder. :c:

Guest Sport Lover

I dont think security had a right to do that. You should put in a complaint against them. Next time stand your ground and get the police involved.

All plymouth care about is money!!! like all small clubs they have become a selling club!! They are lucky to have stayed up .

They sell there top players and try to live on freebies and loan signings ,if they showed more ambition they would be able to atract better players and a better manager

i hope somebody pumps some money into the side else nxt season they wil go down :thumbsup:

I dont think security had a right to do that. You should put in a complaint against them. Next time stand your ground and get the police involved.

Hi sport lover i have complained many a time about the heavy handed security at plymouth i have been taken photos for years i do it for myself and no one else i have acamera with tele photo lens and just enjoy taken photos and looking back on the great players i have seen over the years like pele george best etc they have now taken away that pleasure but i still take a small digi camera but its not the same its not the same now at the ground with the seating the atmosphere has all gone and i think they will struggle this year all they care abut is the ground but we want a decent team to watch which we didnt have last year and it costs enough to watch them i catch a western national bus up then go to the ground where they charge £22 to see them play .

Guest Sport Lover

I tried to take my slr into Home Park last year and got stopped and had to put my camera in the car. I got a 70-200 mm lens. The logic doesnt add up that you cannot take a half decent camera into football. How many other clubs stop you doing that?

Am I missing something. Someone buys somebody elses shares at face value, takes over the club and then says they will have 5 YEAR PLAN BY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!. Seriously what am I missing. There is no money for anything especially players, but we will have a plan and the only money for players will come from commercial projects yet to be announced.

I still don't get it. If Sturrock cannot unload players or has no money for any new players - are we expected by christmas to be halfway up the league and looking good with the squad minus the loanees that just kept us in the division and by then WE WILL HAVE A PLAN. Somebody is seriously taking the P... and I just don't get it.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to take my slr into Home Park last year and got stopped and had to put my camera in the car. I got a 70-200 mm lens. The logic doesnt add up that you cannot take a half decent camera into football. How many other clubs stop you doing that?

You right sports lover i have never had any trouble at any other ground takin my camera into that ranges from old trafford down to torquay even the old and new wembley stadiums no probs at all its just at home park they seem to come down on you there can be trouble right in front of you and all the stewards do is turn there heads to this many years ago i saw a really bad thing in front of me plymouth was playing stockport there was a coloure striker called kevin francis he was a huge bloke on this day he score a hat trick , at the end of the game as he was walking off a skin head bloke got close to him and spat in his face i reported that i even had it on film i told argyle about it but did nothing i wrote to francis to say we want all like that in cornwall at least

Guest danny-efc-pafc

pffft who cares argyle will get relegated sooner rather than later! used to go and watch them all the time when buszlay hayles ebanks blake norris connoly used to play.... when the days were good then they sold every1 and runied the success gettin to the fa cup quarters pushin for play offs..... now pushin for safety... now a couple of japs are in.... who would want to go to argyle in there right mind?

somerset spur with enough creeping you can get away with most things.just let her know she is the boss :P

as i have said before with the new board and new ideas plus 3 of the old board i think that the club will move in the right direction especially as we have potentially one of the best youth set ups outside of the premier league.as we all know Argyle will never complete with the big boys money wise. but i see no reason why we cannot compete on the field.our youth teams are starting to compete nationally and if you see the pre season friendlies they have arranged the club are confident in there ability to move forward. the only way is up.

COME ON YOU GREENS :c:

If anything this takeover bid has obviously made us a better club only time will tell thoe but still last season was a bit of a mess but hopefully this will boost up everything round argyle and hopefully we can sign some good players fletcher is a good start. Last season was a bit of a mess but at times we showed plenty of potential and with the boy ashley barnes upfront hes a great prospect hopefully he will not get bought but im pretty sure he has signed a new contract. Hopefully the playoff dream will soon be back on !!