Cornwall Football Forum

new manager

Guest meady

Guest meady

Portreath are pleased to announce that Jeremy Eade will be taking up the post of First Team Manager for the forthcoming season. These are exciting times for Portreath AFC not only with the appointment of Jeremy but the Club will be going all out in the next few weeks to get their first team back playing in Portreath village for the forthcoming season. With the new sponsors on board and the willingness of village businesses getting behind the club driving it in a new direction we are sure we can make these achievements.

We would like to invite new and old players to training on Monday 6 July at 6.30pm at RAF Portreath. We will also be training on Wednesday 8 July at RAF Portreath at 6.30pm. Over the next few weeks we will have a mixture of training at the pitch and on the beach. We are hoping to participate in community events and 5 a side tournaments throughout the summer months as we feel this is an important ethos for village life that we must give something to the community as well as the community getting behind us. Please contact either Jeremy or myself if you would like to discuss this further. Look forward to seeing you all at training.

Jermy 07909658927

Andy 07977206791

Guest KOPPITE PAFC

I AGREE THAT JEREMY HAS PLAYED/MANAGED MOST TEAMS IN THIS PART OF CORNWALL BUT IF HE STICKS BY IT I THINK HE COULD DO REALLY WELL DOWN PORTREATH, BUT HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO GET SOME NEW FACES IN AND I WOULD SAY THAT HE WILL HAVE TO BUILD SLOWLY AS THE CLUB IS GOING THROUGH A DIFFICULT TIME (AS MOST CLUBS DO WHEN YOUR MANAGER PISSES OFF ). IF THE SO CALLED EX-PLAYERS ARE COMING BACK PLUS THE NEW SPONSORSHIP AND IDEAS OF PORTREATH GOING BACK TO THE VILLAGE ARE TRUE, THEN THE CLUB IS GETTING BACK ON ITS FEET :drink:

GOOD LUCK JEREMY :clapper:

"Portreath are pleased to announce that Jeremy Eade will be taking up the post of First Team Manager for the forthcoming season. These are exciting times for Portreath AFC not only with the appointment of Jeremy but the Club will be going all out in the next few weeks to get their first team back playing in Portreath village for the forthcoming season. With the new sponsors on board and the willingness of village businesses getting behind the club driving it in a new direction we are sure we can make these achievements."

Any idea on the time scale if you are moving from Clijah Croft? Will you be at the RAF Station as I can't think of anywhere in the village that is big enough and flat apart from the beach at low tide, plus the ground would surly have to pass Combo League ground grading.

Guest meady

We are looking at going back on the base with the first team. We are meeting the league Monday for a pre inspection. The seconds will remain at Clijah for this season. The changing rooms are all ready to go. We have some work to do on the pitch like new goals, dugouts and fencing around using the new FA tape system. As for the playing surface it is in excellent condition and like most would know a very big pitch. Time is tight but this can be done in plenty of time. We will also be looking at improve are training pitch and flood light lay out.

Meady - If you go back to playing at the base - how would it work with supporters etc..... If i rememberrightly people were signed in and out at the gate. Would this still be the case?? I thought everyone had to go in at once.

Good luck for the season with Jeremy - players that i know that have been coached by him have all said his pre mach warm ups and training sessions were very good.

Guest meady

There will be someone at the gate to see all in. They have changed things on the gate now so it should be ok. As for the wind we do get it up there but so do many other pitches around this area. All we can do is try and see how it all goes. We have to work at it we need to come back to village where we belong and get the support from all in the village. Hopefully next season all is well we could be on a new pitch and complex fingers cross. All i can say at the moment we are trying are hardest to move forward and if all goes wrong we at least can say we tried.

Guest gunners

Good luck to Jeremy

Hope all goes well mate. Reading a few comments on how Jeremy runs training and how he runs the warm up's. When i trained with Jeremy at Penair school think it was 2005, it was the best training i have had for a long time since leaving the forces he knows his stuff and Portreath players will benefit if they want it.

As for his warm up before the games he knows how to get the team focused and ready. His ability to get a winning atmosphere in the changing room is one of a kind.

Also he is the only person i know who will run a warm down after the game so you dont feel stiff the next day.

Good luck to you mate hope you stick with it and do yourself proud as it is there for you.

Rower

So cripples like me will have to leave my car at the front gate and walk with my two crutches up to the pitch or are you going to do a deal with the RAF where I can drive through the gate and park a little closer to the ground?

Will I have to contact the RAF before the season starts to get some form of pass? If a no go, then moving back to RAF Portreath will possibly restrict what type of spectator can get to watch a match, in other words no disabled access.

Isn't that against league rules?

Guest meady

Cornishteddyboy don't worry about it we will get you up there we are allowed some vehicles on the base. We could always fly you in.

Postman pat

Do you think because we are not up at Clijah that it would be all taken down? It was a 3 year deal between two teams to cover the cost of the works up there. This is the last year of are deal and we will still pay for the pitch even if we don't use it this year. Next year Cornwall Council will have reviewed all the pitch hire cost across the county.

Like I said two years ago by doing that pitch it will give other clubs the chance of going into senior football. With my Council head on it was a good deal and it worked and all paid for in three years by the clubs not the tax payer. I would look at doing it again if two clubs were interested. Yes the cost is a lot more but nothing compare to what other senior clubs pay out.