Cornwall Football Forum

Danny Brook to Falmouth

Guest john

Guest john

I see Falmouth have signed Danny Brook from Parkway! What position does he play? I also see Tom smith from Truro appears to have gone to Falmouth, as has Danny o Hagen. Have Falmouth made any other signings?

So asi read it on forum e.t.c Falmouth have signed:

Tom Smith?

Danny Brook

Danny O hagen

and retained most of last years team?

Guest Paulo Porkchop

Abit of a strange one there i think,he didnt have a very good season for parkway so how is going to get a game for Falmouth with all the good players there signing.

Hammers I think by the sound of it , Falmouth will be the team to beat this season, Does anyone know who will remain from last season ? as I remember they finished the season with a very young side. With all these new signing it must be a bit worrying for the youngsters.

Guest john

I am sure the club is desperate for instant success but i would say there shouldnt be any pressure on Carey to win the title this season. A top 5 finish would be a much improved position. However if players like tom smith sign, then the pressure may not be avoided to win the league

Guest ortega

yeah there shouldnt be any pressure on carey to win the title this year as he is useless.Maybe if he had a bigger budget he could win something,i mean a grand a game might not be enough for him this season.

Mr Carey has no compunction to spend other peoples money. He did it at Mullion and Porthleven and look at the state of both clubs now. Both are clubs with great traditions and support but they in their hopes of achieving the ultimate success were blind to his personal ambitions. Knowing Steve kimberley well , I hope he does not fall into the same trap . I wish Falmouth well , but beware !!!!

Guest Uncle Albert

I think it's reasonably common knowledge that Mr Carey spends his own money, not somebody else's, and he is doing that again at Falmouth.

There is even talk that he has enticed a couple of his bigger summer signings with the offer of work away from football, and in this financial climate, who can afford to turn down that sort of offer?

I don't think Danny O'Hagan has gone because of a job offer on the side, but surely nobody believes he has moved to Bickland because he loves Falmouth?

My over-riding feeling is, why would anyone want to spend this sort of their own money just to try to win the Peninsula League? If Falmouth win it next season, so what? Yes, the loyal Falmouth fans will be delighted, I'm sure, but the rest of the league will just say: "Oh, Carey's bought the title again."

It is an unfair contest - but then so is the Premier League. We all know which four teams are likely to fill the top four places next season, don't we?

Guest Turkish

He even struggles to buy it. How many years has he been spending all sorts of money? How many times has he won it? And those times were down to Roger Fice and Ronnie Swiggs. Anyone who's ever played for him will know that

who cares how he's won things, all that matters is, he has won things. how many managers can say that?

the cheque book doesnt just get flashed by carey, look over the past 4/5 years in this league and the old south western, many a club who've spent a shed load, and have nothing to show for it.

jealousy is around at this level, the next level, the level below and so on, get over it.

by the way, believe o hagan is a fireman, and as this subject is about falmouth signing danny brook, just like to say for me, possibly one of the best midfielders out there, along with cambell, coulton and harrington.

only my opinion, dont give me pelters.

Guest MR A

Football person I respect your opinion about brook being one of the best midfielders around but what do u base that opinion on? Am i right in saying he was benched for most of the season for parkway and couldnt get in ahead of cusak and alexander? Is he better then those two? And as for harrington he was good 5 years ago, too fat now and campbell aint too far behind now!!!!!! Am i right in saying jim alexander has gone to falmouth to? will him and brook play together??

Football person I respect your opinion about brook being one of the best midfielders around but what do u base that opinion on? Am i right in saying he was benched for most of the season for parkway and couldnt get in ahead of cusak and alexander? Is he better then those two? And as for harrington he was good 5 years ago, too fat now and campbell aint too far behind now!!!!!! Am i right in saying jim alexander has gone to falmouth to? will him and brook play together??

not a nice thing to say about justin,saw the final at penryn,still one of the best passer of a ball,and i wish i was just as fat as he is [NOT FAT] :glare: :glare:

Guest oldhat

MR A, jealousy is a sad attribute to posess. Bet you wish you had won as much and played at the level Harrington and Campbell have. Both are still winning trophies and highly sought after even if they are in their twilight years!

Back to the thread, Brooks is a very good player. One of many good midfielders in the league. I totally agree with football person's players, and would add Swiggs and Vercesi to that list.

Guest MR A

Im not saying that they are not good players but the best in the league at this current time?!!!!!!! Is beckham the best midgfielder in the world? no. but still a good player? yes. it was only a question. SO how is that jealousy oldhat.??? What am i jealous off? I totally agree with football person on the lad coulton he is very very good as is swiggs and vercasi.

Football person are you going to be supporting falmouth then? im assuming they have a comlpetely new squad from last year then? i guess the manager will not be keeping any of the current squad? bit of a shame if u ask me.

Im not saying that they are not good players but the best in the league at this current time?!!!!!!! Is beckham the best midgfielder in the world? no. but still a good player? yes. it was only a question. SO how is that jealousy oldhat.??? What am i jealous off? I totally agree with football person on the lad coulton he is very very good as is swiggs and vercasi.

Football person are you going to be supporting falmouth then? im assuming they have a comlpetely new squad from last year then? i guess the manager will not be keeping any of the current squad? bit of a shame if u ask me.

your saying hes fat ,which he is not,beckhams still in the England squad ,so that meens justin could get in the Cornish squad , :clapper: :c:

Which teams don't "buy" league titles?

Are Town really going to be favourites next season?I don't think so.There was a massive gap between Town and winning the league last season,they just avoided relegation,signing a couple of players on good money,if the rumours are true,not one player has officially moved to Bickland yet,will make up the points difference.

Even if they do win it,and as a Town supporter it would be awesome,will they take promotion?If not,why spend all the money in the first place?

Why is it that Alan Carey gets all this crap, Did Gosling get it last year at Parranporth and that was Combo, even more Money this year, Did Mewton get it when at St Blazey and now with Penzance, both had success and both had the biggest budgets in there league,

I think there are a few people on this thread that did'nt make Alan Careys team so come on lads lets get it of your chest.

Mr Carey gets all " this crap " because he deserves a vast amount of it. I am not a disallusioned ex-player of his. I am a fervent supporter of Porthleven and have seen his " ego " and blatant disregard for a clubs finanancial position put at the back of his mind, in his search for so called glory. He won ONE cup at Port in the time he was there (Charity Cup), he used his so called charm to get the comittee and a lot of blind supporters to go along with his ambitions, but failed miserably by any standards. He no doubt is where he has always wanted to manage, and Falmouth deserve success after a few lean years, but don't be under any illusions as to his intent, to gain notoriety by any means.

And to those mis-informed folks, it has not been all his money that has helped in a clubs cause. Ask the real supporters of Mullion and Porthleven, SURPRISE !! SURPRISE !!

Dof you need to get over the past mate, new commitee at Port now you should get involved and look to the future, whats happened has happened Kev is in charge down there now I bet he is not looking back and I'm sure he could do with your help, I know a few of the lads playing at both Port and Mullion this season and they are looking forward to it, I think the problem that clubs in this area have come from a certain local gent who is tapping up all the local talent for a club near ASDA But thats football !!!!

Guest djr109

Mr Carey gets all " this crap " because he deserves a vast amount of it. I am not a disallusioned ex-player of his. I am a fervent supporter of Porthleven and have seen his " ego " and blatant disregard for a clubs finanancial position put at the back of his mind, in his search for so called glory. He won ONE cup at Port in the time he was there (Charity Cup), he used his so called charm to get the comittee and a lot of blind supporters to go along with his ambitions, but failed miserably by any standards. He no doubt is where he has always wanted to manage, and Falmouth deserve success after a few lean years, but don't be under any illusions as to his intent, to gain notoriety by any means.

And to those mis-informed folks, it has not been all his money that has helped in a clubs cause. Ask the real supporters of Mullion and Porthleven, SURPRISE !! SURPRISE !!

Any money spent on players at Mullion while under Mr Carey's tenure was not provided by the club.

[/quot

Just what have i done to Mullion i went there to help out i never spent a penny,

With porthleven over the last 2 years i have been asked back on 3 occasions FACT.

I don't know you as you have not got the balls to thread under your own name.

If you are to slag me get your facts right.

Guest Postie Pidge

how many of last years squad are staying on?

All of last season's squad have been retained - bar one who requested to leave and when he pays for a booking he picked up he is free to go.

Well said allan,

as you know you are welcome at Falmouth, & I am sure to you that is more important than all of these people who try their best to cause upset, in my book they are not worth listening to,

We at Falmouth are looking forward to the new season, so I am sure from all of the Town suporters, & other members on this forum who have welcomed your appointment, best of luck for the new season.

Hammers, UP THE TOWN & WEST HAM :c::thumbsup::c: :c:

Guest bigdawg1

Left???? i think you`ll find big Al didnt want him in the first place...

didnt want him ??.... is that why he is getting a wedge and is working for him ?

Who is the player that wants to leave Falmouth? I heard that sam and tom hunter have left falmouth.

From last year i am sure Alan will give them all a chance to fight for a place. but for me Neil Slateford deserves his place.

and nick puglisie who is a very good footballer