Cornwall Football Forum

It's official as Torpoint announce SWPL Managerial Appointment

Torpoint AFC SWPL Managerial Appointment

On behalf of the committee of Torpoint AFC, I am delighted to announce that with immediate effect Stuart Dudley has been appointed as manager of Torpoint Athletic’s South West Peninsula League side.

After a disruptive few months we look forward to restoring some stability to The Club and working with Stuart to continue the huge strides forward that Torpoint Athletic has made in the last three seasons.

Having talked at length with Stuart, I know it was a difficult decision to leave Wadebridge and I would like to thank Steve Cudmore for giving us the opportunity to speak to him. Stuart would like to make the following statement: “ It is a wrench to leave a big club like Wadebridge, where I have made a lot of friends, however the lure of being able to work at another great club and being closer to home, family and work was too great”.

While being disappointed that Darren Potter and Gary Tiffany decided to step down at this stage of pre-season, it has presented Torpoint AFC with the chance to restore the unity that has served us well over the last three years.

I also wish Wadebridge all the best in the search for a replacement, as we our fully aware that our gain, causes them disruption

Paul Whitworth

Chairman Torpoint AFC

Torpoint Athletic is an FA Community Club, which fields adult sides in the South West Peninsula League, East Cornwall Premier League, Duchy League Premier, Ladies and the Devon Junior Minor League for the following ages 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 18.

The first football club in Torpoint was founded in 1887.

For further information regarding Torpoint Athletic please visit www.torpointathletic.co.uk

Chairman: Paul Whitworth

Tel: 07917794557 / 01752 815781

Wadebridge Town FC

Stuart Dudley

On behalf of the committee of Wadebridge Town FC, I would like to put on record our thanks to Stuart Dudley for the work that he has put into our club over the last 2 seasons and in particular for the tremendous achievement in winning the First SWPL West title in 2007/08.

It’s never a good time to lose a manager but having had lengthy discussions with Stuart, we both felt that it was in the best interests of all concerned that he should take the opportunity of becoming Torpoint Manager.

The decision we took was amicable to all parties I would just like to wish Stuart and Paul Whitworth, Torpoint Chairman, his committee and the supporters at Torpoint Athletic every success in the coming season, except of course, when we meet them!

We shall be releasing a separate statement in due course to announce the appointment of our new First Team Manager.

Steve Cudmore,

Chairman

Wadebridge Town FC.