Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge Town - Pre Season Training

Wadebridge Town begin their pre-season training at Bodieve Park on Tuesday 30th June

Training evey Tues & Thurs @ 7.00pm but need to be there ready to start @ 6.45pm

Also every Weds evening at 8pm in the gym at 1-2-1 Fitness Studio

Both 1st team & 2nd team will be training together along with our 3rd team and there will be sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Bodieve until the season kicks off on August 15th.

Our teams play in the CSWPL, ECPL & Duchy 3

Have you got what it takes to play for one of the most progressive club in Cornwall?

If the answer is yes, then we would be delighted to see you.

All players welcome to attend.

For further details of our Pre season friendly fixtures please see clubs web site:

http://wadebridgetownfc.ning.com/

Guest Uncle Albert

Mr Clough would have had him signed by now, if he had wanted him. It's a different era now, where agents and thick chairman get involved.

As for Wadebridge, I hope the club goes for somebody with the club at heart. Wadebridge is always a pleasant club to visit, very well run, and built around local people.

Stuart Dudley did a great job, there's no doubt about that. But he was Plymouth-based, and it would be nice if there is someone around locally who would like the challenge.

Good luck for the new season.

Another exclusive, Mr Deacon?

It's not actually rocket science as to who it is! There's just some loose ends to sort out before it goes public I'm told. :D

Well as it's on the Wadebridge website - I might as well confirm that last season's assistant Mike Beckett is to take over from Stuart Dudley, with a new assistant still to be confirmed!

On behalf of wadebridge Town & its Chairman, Steve Cudmore

Wadebridge Town's new SWPL Managerial Appointment is:-

Mike Beckett

On behalf of the Committee of Wadebridge Town FC, I am delighted and pleased to be able to announce that Mike Beckett has been appointed Manager of our South West Peninsula League side.

Whilst being disappointed that our previous manager decided to step down at this stage of pre-season, Mike was the unanimous and obvious choice as his successor, as he knows the players and set up at Wadebridge, having been Assistant Manager, last season.

Mike holds the UEFA B Coaching licence to compliment his vast experience of the game. He lives locally but his playing career took him to several countries. He played professionally at Bolton Wanderers, and also played in Sweden and the USA before returning home where he played Conference and Northern Premier League football before moving to Cornwall. He spent 7 seasons with Plymouth Argyle, coaching in the youth development team. He joined Wadebridge Town last season after one season with Dobwalls.

Mike has prepared a short statement:

I am delighted that the club have given me an opportunity to manage the 1st Team; Wadebridge Town FC is a fantastic community spirited club with ambition and a first class infrastructure. I am looking forward to working with everyone connected with the club as we develop and progress. The club and committee are very ambitious and deserve success, I recognise the effort required in achieving those ambitions"

" It’s sad to see Stuart move on, he is a dedicated and progressive manager, I have enjoyed working with him and I am sure he will be a success at Torpoint and I wish him well.

Mike has the full backing of the committee at Wadebridge Town and he will be working with our ECPL Team Manager, Paul Thomas and our new 3rd Team Manager, Nigel Worrall, to develop players throughout the club.

We at Wadebridge Town Football Club wish to be known not just for our facilities but as a club who supports our managers & players at all levels. We are all focused on working together to ensure that the structure we now have in place is successful and that we can compete with the very best.

I’m sure everyone would like to wish Mike, his squad and also the rest of the managers and players at the club every success during the coming seasons.

Steve Cudmore

Chairman

Wadebridge Town FC