Cornwall Football Forum

Michael Jackson

Guest Postie Pidge

I cant wait to see his loving family fight over his debts Nobody in their right mind should have bought a ticket for his 50 british shows. And many will not get a penny back. Its a tragedy when someone like Michael Jackson dies at such an early age he was a genius, but he also had his dark side which he has paid out millions to protect.

Lets see if the same people are paying tributes when Gary Glitter passes away

Whats the difference?From the reports in years gone by,this guy paid the victims family £20 million to keep quiet,or am i wrong?

Sorry but i thought the bloke was aquitted of any wrong-doing or does that not matter any more? You should be ashamed for comparing the man (proven innocent i might add) with a convicted paedophile.

Micheal Jackson - absolute legend, simple as.

Whats the difference?From the reports in years gone by,this guy paid the victims family £20 million to keep quiet,or am i wrong?

Sorry but i thought the bloke was aquitted of any wrong-doing or does that not matter any more? You should be ashamed for comparing the man (proven innocent i might add) with a convicted paedophile.

Yes he was,like i say £20 million,no im not ashamed,he is a paedophile,or do you support this just because he is a public figure,shame on you,

Guest Sport Lover

The problem is justice one way or the other was never really given a chance.

If your child had been the victim of abuse would you go for justice or £10,000,000?

MJ is innocent until proven guilty the parents taking the £10,000,000 sold themselves and should be ashamed of themselves if they really believe something happened and didnt give the courts a chance to find MJ guilty.

OR

was it a made up story to get £10,000,000 from a rich vunerable super star?

I dont know nor does anyone else reading this know if he was guilty of anything other than being niave and slightly wierd

Gary Glitter is a convicted pedo

Just because someone acuses you of something doesnt make it true.

So was OJ Simpson aquitted but everyone knows he did it

Michael Jackson was the greatest BAR NONE performer the world is ever likely to see, all of you can have your thoughts like everyone else that his private life was no picnic, mainly because of the scum media in this country and America, but there isn't a person alive thats hasn't song or danced along to one of his songs.

There would have been a lot of middle aged people with lumps in there throats on Friday when Radio 1 played Ben.

Legend and Genuis are words used too often in my book, but these will not be wasted on Michael Joesph Jackson. RIP

So was OJ Simpson aquitted but everyone knows he did it

Apart from the ones who aquitted him :D Everyone on this forum seems to of became some kind of expert in law and order just because of what the media wants you to see and hear. I'm not a great fan of MJ, but as he was found not guilty (the 2nd case which if i'm right was against the cousin of the first lad) then i am not gonna sit here calling him a pedo or such. He gave millions to charities and did do some good, before he went all wierd. The guys dead now so theres no need to say bad things about him, he had enough of that while he was alive. Let the people and fans who want to pay their respects do it in peace :thumbsup:

Guest Reginald Perrin

It was an out of court settlement in 1994 before the verdict was given, and it was £18M, Why pay that if your are innocient? His lawyer fee's were estimated £2M so thats £16M loss... :wacko:

In 2005 he was acquitted. These are FACTS.

If your innocient then justice will see to it. But to pay £18M out of court mid trail if you are innocient is crazy even for MJ

At the end of the day its the Children that will be effected as they have lost thier father :(:(

:c:

I liked some of his songs, but i agree, why pay so much money if you are 'innocent'. Is he really dead? Lots of conspiracy theories already forming....

1. left the hospital dressed as a nun... makes me laugh!

2. Living 7 stories below the earth with his ex-wife's dad - elvis presley... yeah right!

3. Living back in neverland in secret... the place is soo big he could easily hide...

i think these are funny, but before he became 'Wacko Jacko', before i was even born, his songs were great - Thriller, billie-jean etc. he has still had a huge influence on the music i grew up with in the nineties and noughties...

RIP.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Of course all those at Upton Park will be thanking Jacko for their theme song

"I'm forever blowing bubbles"

Thriller was and still is a classic album, many will recall staying up for the Video on Ch 4 at Midnight when it was released (although not as scary as billed, more funny but musically outstanding)

The word **** comes to mind with a statement like that

The West Ham connecting with the song bubbles is as follows

The song is now better known in the UK as the club anthem of West Ham United, a London-based football club.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" was introduced to the club by former manager Charlie Paynter in the late twenties. A player, Billy J. "Bubbles" Murray who played for the local Park School had an almost uncanny resemblance to the boy in the famous "Bubbles" painting by Millais used in a Pears soap commercial of the time. Headmaster Cornelius Beal began singing the tune "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" with amended lyrics when Park players played well.

Beal was a friend of Paynter, while Murray was a West Ham trialist and played football at schoolboy level with a number of West Ham players such as Jim Barrett. Through this contrivance of association the club's fans took it upon themselves to begin singing the popular music hall tune before home games, sometimes reinforced by the presence of a house band requested to play the refrain by Charlie Paynter.

In 2002 there was speculation that "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" was sung at the Boleyn Ground by visiting Swansea Town supporters during an FA Cup-tie in 1921-22. After a goalless draw away at Vetch Field the two teams met at Upton Park only to share two goals in the replay which resulted in a further replay at Ashton Gate, Bristol, which the Welshmen won by a solitary goal. After such a marathon it is perhaps not surprising that a number of Hammers fans remembered the distinctive refrains and took the words as their own, if indeed the song had been sung by the opposing supporters.

To perhaps add some substance to that theory, David Farmer in his history of Swansea Town FC does state, when recounting the period between 1920 to 1926, that in match reports "Bubbles" was sung at all home games. In one particular newspaper report of a match versus Bury on 8th January 1921 the comment is made : "At 2.20 pm came the ever popular singing of "Bubbles" from the main bank with one tremendous sway."

Some West Ham fans sing alternate lyrics. The second line's "nearly reach the sky" is changed to "they reach the sky", "Then like my dreams" is also changed to "And like my dreams". In addition the fans begin a chant of "United, United!" to cap it off. There is a tradition amongst West Ham United fans whereby they blow bubbles at matches to accompany the singing of the song.

These touchline songs were a form of predecessor to the terrace chants that have since become a trademark of the game. It was adopted by West Ham's supporters in the late 1920s and is now one of the most recognisable club anthems in English football along with "You'll Never Walk Alone".

As a tribute to West Ham, the punk rock band the Cockney Rejects covered the song in 1980. The song is also distinctly heard in the movie Green Street Hooligans.

In 2006 at the final match at Arsenal F.C.'s Highbury stadium, Arsenal supporters broke into song to celebrate West Ham's defeat of Tottenham which elevated Arsenal into the UEFA Champions League on the last day. Similarly, Blackburn Rovers were heard singing 'Bubbles' in their dressing room after West Ham assisted them winning the Premiership in 1995 having held Manchester United to a 1-1 draw on the final day of the Premier League season, led by Tony Gale (an eleven-year West Ham veteran who had moved to Blackburn earlier in the season).

On 16 May 1999, 23,680 people blew bubbles for one minute at West Ham United's Upton Park stadium

So not only do us hammers sing the song with pride but also the Arse,Blackburn and Swansea but no mention of Michael Jackson although im guessing you knew that already

bubbles2.jpg

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

And I thought all Wet Spam fans had the supposedly famous cockney sense of humour, they all support a joke team for a start !

And I thought all Wet Spam fans had the supposedly famous cockney sense of humour, they all support a joke team for a start !

Jesus, this guy's good! :D:D:D :D

Is that really a suitable picture to place on an article about Michael ? !!!

Christ a thread with a reply from issac and the judge and i agree with both of them :angry2: :D