Cornwall Football Forum

Martin Williams and Lee Jewell are happy to announce that they will be re-forming Praze FC after being accepted into the mining league this evening.

I know there will be many comments about the storm merger. All I wish to say is storm has grown into a bigger and better club but the Praze aspect was lost. We are looking to reform the village side as it was a great club.

We already have the commitment of some great players to join the side as they remember Praze of old. We have the backing of the village both through players and supporters.

We have a lot of work to do on our facilities due to vandalism and neglect over the past 2 years which we are confident we can overcome.

Heres hoping for a great season. Any potential players feel free to pm me or contact me on 01209 831443.

Cheers. Martin

Guest KOPPITE PAFC

I THOUGHT I HEARD YOU AND JEWELLER WERE RUNNING STORM RESERVES.

ANYWAY ALL THE BEST NICE TO SEE PRAZE ARE BACK. JASON OPIE

Have to say I was disappointed that Storm/Praze merged when they did a few years back. Not because I did not want it to suceed because clearly their is a brand there to exploit but the basic fact that a fine club with a strong Mining tradition may go.

Some years on and there is clearly a divide of sorts in the vision. However I believe the move strangely has fuelled the Storm vision and spurred on their desire. Andy and Darren's arrival underlines this and I am sure they will suceed.

Lee as we all know is Praze through his core and represents the tradition of the Praze we all know. I hope both he and Martin get the village behind them and in turn add to the Praze tradition of good successfull football.

Best of luck to all, the aim is after all a strong competive league, I suggest that both Storm and Praze will promote that vision.

We already have one signing who was playing combo last year. A great signing but a Praze boy through and through. We will be holding our AGM next Thursday at the St Aubyns Arms. If all those that have verbally committed sign up, we will have a great team both on and off the pitch.

Guest Sport Lover

Glad to see Praze back up and running, also their cricket teams on the up as well. If we could resurect the table tennis teams as well that would be awesome.

Just like to add that there was no malice in the split, we always wanted to get football back into Praze. Unfortunately things didn't work out as planned and the best thing has happened for both clubs.

We at Storm would like to wish Marty and Lee good luck and have offered our help and support if needed, although I'm sure it won't be.....

Good Luck Guys.

I can only agree with Matchu. Myself and Lee had committed to Storm for next season and we let them down by moving to Praze. We didn't take the decision lightly but both of our hearts are firmly in Praze FC.

The whole storm team and particulary Osborn have been completely supportive over our decision and wished us good luck.

We really appreciate them supporting us with this.

Martin

:thumbsup:

Glad to see Praze back up and running, also their cricket teams on the up as well. If we could resurect the table tennis teams as well that would be awesome.

On the cricket i played for the 1st yesterday we JUST won against st day, made 362 for 4 and bowled them out for 60!!!! :drink: :thumbsup:

Praze AGM will be in the St Aubyn Arms, on Thirsday 2nd July at 7.30pm. If anyone would like to come along to have a nose around and a pint feel free. :drink:

We will be sorting out all comittee members, training , players and will be giving a full update about the clubs facilities and future.

If the players that have verbally committed to Praze all sign (which I am confident they will, but don't want to count my chickens) we will have a hell of a side. Unfortunately it will probably mean I will be on the sidelines. That will be fine with me as I will be happy just to be involved.

Cheers,

Martin

Still wrong Boys - keep guessing.

Windy Miller will be signing for us but probably staying at Caharrack as he lives there. We are putting a very tidy team together and if all comes off, it wouldn't surprise if he comes out as well. Like me, he loved Praze FC.

Martin

lets hope for a Praze v Storm Junior Cup first round tie!, only one winner "Kiss the Canary" Ha Ha

Obviously only one winner, I have yet to see a match where both teams won!

On the other hand, it will be nice to have a team at Storm that really want to be Storm players, and fight for winning every match. Good luck to Praze. There is now a place for all those committed to the club to express themselves. Im sure the players will be happy there and will pull together as a unit. That is now the aim for Storm, who have been a little easy to roll over at times over the past couple of seasons. I honestly think this is the best for both clubs and has resulted in positive changes for both!

Praze have got some of their old boys back and will be hoping to re-create some of the success they had before they joined Storm. I'm sure if they progress up the leagues they will get even more of their old players.

Storm have had confirmation of 2 old players coming back to the club, which can only be good as they are both capable of playing a much higher standard. Welcome back boys!

Behave yourself Marty!

No disrespect but wouldn't be for me. I'm not considering leaving Storm in the foreseeable future unless something prompts me to do so. I put a lot of hard work into the club behind the scenes as I am sure you are aware of. Best of luck though me old boy!

Rat - Matt Thompson & Justen Ninem from Plymouth, and I'm sure that a few more may follow.

Guest pete norfolk

not been in cornwall long but no all about praze tradition and good to see them bk in the mining league.

good luck for next season

Guest KOPPITE PAFC

JUSTIN NINNIM EXCELLENT KEEPER AND MATTY THOMPSON VERY QUICK AND TALENTED STRIKER

WELCOME BACK TO THE MINING LEAGUE BOYS. SHOULD MAKE STORM STRONGER AGAIN

lets hope for a Praze v Storm Junior Cup first round tie!, only one winner "Kiss the Canary" Ha Ha

Obviously only one winner, I have yet to see a match where both teams won!

On the other hand, it will be nice to have a team at Storm that really want to be Storm players, and fight for winning every match. Good luck to Praze. There is now a place for all those committed to the club to express themselves. Im sure the players will be happy there and will pull together as a unit. That is now the aim for Storm, who have been a little easy to roll over at times over the past couple of seasons. I honestly think this is the best for both clubs and has resulted in positive changes for both!

Praze have got some of their old boys back and will be hoping to re-create some of the success they had before they joined Storm. I'm sure if they progress up the leagues they will get even more of their old players.

Storm have had confirmation of 2 old players coming back to the club, which can only be good as they are both capable of playing a much higher standard. Welcome back boys!

As fatso has said storm won't be as easy to roll over as in the past we have a great blend of youth and experience here at the club now and with Danny Watts signing last night the team is getting stronger and stronger. best of luck praze and lets hope we do have you in the junior cup!!!

OOOOOHH! Touchy!

So how many times did they win the league? I remember them being a good side, and this is my 3rd season at Storm (who are still in Mining 1) and I have no complaints, it's been indifferent but I have enjoyed it. The one thing with Storm is that is has potential eh?

You girls can throw your handbags around all day.

The amount of support offered to Praze football club has been amazing. The whole squad are really looking forward to next season and plan to enjoy it both on and off the pitch.

Lets be positive as we can all find fault in others.

Don't worry, be happy.

Martin

P.S. Pricey, have you got Sollys number - I hear he wants to come to Praze?

I tell you what Marty... I'll give him your number so he can get in touch with you, and I think he has already got Gary's! You guys will have one hell of a side by the sounds of it, good times!

I haven't heard Robbo talk so pasionately about Illogan on this forum, maybe he should head back to the village, after all every village needs it's...