Cornwall Football Forum

!Michael Owen! Worth The Risk???

Guest kopidol8

Well he has started his goal tally already !! came off the bench and got the winner!!! :thumbsup:

Hardly class opponents though! We will see.

Well we play mostly against a lesser class side week in week out!! :rolleyes:

Apart from being beaten twice by Liverpool last season!!

owen is probably the best deal by any manager this season, you cant argue the fact that Sir Alex is probably the greatest manager to be in the prem league and i bet if you said to him 6 years ago do you want michael owen on a free transfer he would of jumped at it, he must see somethings still there to take the small risk of signing him.

not to sure if he's guna be worth the number 7 or not, if he scores more than 20 then he would of earned the shirt.

kopidol, i think kempy meant more about the teams outside the top 4, with the greatest respect to teams like Hull and Wigan etc, they are good sides but you dont often see united dropping points against them unlike liverpool, beat united then draw with teams like stoke, thats what cost you the league, inconsistant performances

Guest kopidol8

owen is probably the best deal by any manager this season, you cant argue the fact that Sir Alex is probably the greatest manager to be in the prem league and i bet if you said to him 6 years ago do you want michael owen on a free transfer he would of jumped at it, he must see somethings still there to take the small risk of signing him.

not to sure if he's guna be worth the number 7 or not, if he scores more than 20 then he would of earned the shirt.

kopidol, i think kempy meant more about the teams outside the top 4, with the greatest respect to teams like Hull and Wigan etc, they are good sides but you dont often see united dropping points against them unlike liverpool, beat united then draw with teams like stoke, thats what cost you the league, inconsistant performances

Some fair points mate but i think Torres being available for few more games and trophy would have been ours. Still no excuses but lessons have been learned i hope and bring it on this year.

Well he has started his goal tally already !! came off the bench and got the winner!!! :thumbsup:

Did Liverpool win anything last season!! Maybe the odd raffle! :thumbsup:

Guest kopidol8

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Did Liverpool win anything last season!! Maybe the odd raffle! :thumbsup:

When your trophy cabinet (all competitions) is as full as ours then you can take the piss. Even Fergie said last season that you need to do better in Europe for a big club and be mentioned along side us Real Madrid and Ac Milan. Just remember we have our own Euro cup as a reminder of our glory.

Guest kopidol8

That old chestnut again :glare:

1989-1990??? Are we moving into the 20th year without the league touching Merseyside, Sweet!!!

Fact. :o shocking!!!

That is just one competition. You forget before your recent run in prem it took you 26 years to get there but fair dos been consistent since. Think that could change though.

the only ship not to sail in mersyside, the premiership!

yeah granted liverpool have won more trophies but after checking out, the actual figures it lfc 61 utd 57, so even though we havent won as much in europe as we should of done, the gap isnt that big and should hopefully be reversed in the next 3 years, i'd be happy with number 19 in the league even if liverpool won the champs league next term

the 26 years from united winning titles gives liverpool hope that maybe sometime in the next 6 years there maybe a chance for you!!!!

That old chestnut again :glare:

1989-1990??? Are we moving into the 20th year without the league touching Merseyside, Sweet!!!

Fact. :o shocking!!!

That is just one competition. You forget before your recent run in prem it took you 26 years to get there but fair dos been consistent since. Think that could change though.

We never forget,But we do make the most of it now as you never know when it will come to an end,The challenge is alway's there and the bar is alway's raised,And that's why we all love the English game

Totally agree with that Kempy,When it come's to success those two although the obvious members of the so-called big four,They don't even come close when it come's to honours won.

As for Owen we're gonna need his goal's and need Berbatov to hit the 20-25 mark,Because we've got to replace Ronaldo's goals.

Guest kopidol8

yeah granted liverpool have won more trophies but after checking out, the actual figures it lfc 61 utd 57, so even though we havent won as much in europe as we should of done, the gap isnt that big and should hopefully be reversed in the next 3 years, i'd be happy with number 19 in the league even if liverpool won the champs league next term

the 26 years from united winning titles gives liverpool hope that maybe sometime in the next 6 years there maybe a chance for you!!!!

Always good to have the banter though :P

it wouldn't be the same without the unied-liverpool baner every year, my brother is already saying they are guna win the league!!

owen's got 4 in 4 now, yeah its against lesser opposition but it shows he has still got his goal scoring touch, watch this space

it wouldn't be the same without the unied-liverpool baner every year, my brother is already saying they are guna win the league!!

owen's got 4 in 4 now, yeah its against lesser opposition but it shows he has still got his goal scoring touch, watch this space

The United-Liverpool banter is what it's all about,But the summer is upon us,It's nearly August,And it just would'nt be the same without the scouser's telling us how they've won the league already!!! :P

Owen to score more than any of City's new striker's,Gotta be worth a tenner ;)

Guest ECPL Supporter

There's loads of other ships that haven't sailed in mersyside so that's a rubbish joke!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...