Cornwall Football Forum

7 a side Tournament on the 3G saltmill astro in Saltash

Hi,

On Saturday 4th July, there will be a 7 a side football tournament on the 3G astro pitch in Saltash.

the programme will have 10 teams (2x5 team leagues) with the top 2 teams form each league going into a semi final and final.

all winners and runners up will receive a little trophy for your bedroom!

the first game kicks off about 11.15 with teams wanting to get there at about 10:45 for a briefing and enough time to figure out the plan of the day. the final should be played by about 5ish with a little presentation afterwards.

we will have little bits of food and drink to sell down there but please feel free to bring your own as we may not have enough for everyone!!

the cost is £50 per squad, with a maximum of 12 players per squad. (only 10 can be used per game 7 + 3 subs)...so if you bring 10 of you its a 5er each for a good fun day of 7 a side and perhaps that highly coveted trophy!

2 teams have already regsitered a team: st stephens borough and saltash 2nds have shown an interest.

( you dont have to be a registered team as such, just some mates if you want)

if you are interested we need 8 more teams, and im sure that the spaces will be filled quickly!!

post on here if you want in, also i will be setting up a group on facebook...just search "saltmill 7 a side tournament"

Cheers

Sounds a bit steep to me. £50 a squad- to win a trophy!! In the current climate. Not for me. For £50 I would want some sort of prize, be it beer or cash. Sounds like a money spinner. As for 12 in a squad- you won't play much football, especially as you are only guarenteed 3 games.

As they say in Dragons den, good luck, but im out!! :angry:

well you dont have to play, people pay 3.50 each on a thursday night to play there one football match, and you are guaranteed 4 mathces, more if you get through the group stage. its a trophy each player for the winners and runners up squad.

£50 aint too much and if you have a bigger squad its cheaper. its only a 5er for a full fun day of football??!!