Cornwall Football Forum

St Cleer FC has been stunned tonight with the news that its manager Russell Hale has accepted the manager's position with Liskeard's ECPL team. Following two successive promotions, the club was preparing for the exciting challenge of a season back in Duchy Premier.

The club only held its AGM last night at which no mention of this was made. In fact most of the evening was spent discussing the club's plans to start up a reserve team in Duchy 5.

The committee will be holding an emergency meeting at 8pm on Friday evening (19th) at The Market Inn, St Cleer to re-assess its pre-season plans. It is hoped that as many players as possible will also attend so that the committee can seek their views.

In the meantime if there is anybody out there who may be interested in filling this unexpected vacancy, then please contact club secretary, Peter Hockin on 01579 347603 or 07527 195152.

No idea yet as to who may replace him or whether players will follow - hopefully not. Just generally disappointed with the timing of this. There have been rumours for many months that this was going to happen so maybe we shouldn't be too surprised. Hopefully I can give more of an update after the meeting with players and committee tomorrow night.

Anyone in the picture for the job ?

With a lot of old and experienced players at St Cleer including Nick Tretharthen and Roger Quaintance would one of them maybe take over the managerial reigns ?

Also isnt the former manager/coach the boy Sullivan back in the country following his coaching exploits in America?

Trickster in reply to your comment, yes i am back now, but i have completed my Uefa B and have work commitments with the FA,that wouldnt allow me to attend all the matches even if the job was offered to me.

I hope they find someone with the character and commitment the club deserves they have a great comittee and a great bunch of lads that are very loyal to the club, i hope things work out for them.

The committe of St Cleer FC is delighted to announce that former Callington and Dobwalls manager, Dave Skews has accepted the position of first team manager (Duchy Premier).

Dave will be assisted by Martin McHugh. Both men bring a wealth of local football experience with them and are looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead, following the team's two successive championships.

Following last night's Duchy League AGM, the club has also been successful in its application to enter a reserve side in Duchy Division 5, managed by Jason Powell.

Training for both teams starts tomorrow night at 7pm. All welcome.

Peter Hockin

Secretary, St Cleer FC