Cornwall Football Forum

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Guest goalmachine999

Guest goalmachine999

IF PEOPLE CAN KINDLY READ THIS AND GET BACK TO ME WITH ANY HELP PEOPLE CAN MAKE. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ANYTHING TO HELP ME MAKE MY DREAM COME TRUE.

TAKEN FROM TODAYS CORNISH GUARDIAN. BODMIN EDITION.

Talented Bodmin footballer seeks sponsorship to realise US dream

Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 15:46Comment on this story

A FOOTBALL fanatic from Bodmin is so desperate to get sponsorship for a once-in-a-lifetime scholarship in America – he says he "will do anything".

Talented Jamie Tipton, 20, from Castle Hill has dreamed of playing football professionally since he first took up the game at the age of six.

Last week he attended a trial at Premiership side Chelsea Football Club, where he was selected by Soccer Icon, which helps hopeful students obtain scholarships, and offered a place at Tyler College in Dallas, Texas.

Opportunity

The only thing that could ruin his dream is being unable to find the £6,250 needed to cover college and transport fees.

Jamie said: "I only found out a couple of days ago that I had been chosen.

"I have been told I am one of only three people from Cornwall and one of 17 from the UK to ever be offered this opportunity. It is a bit of a whirlwind at the moment but something I desperately want to do."

Jamie joined the Royal Navy in 2007 but left in April because he found life on a submarine "dark and lonely".

His passion for football sparked him to try to find an alternative career. Since his return he has been playing as a midfielder for Newquay.

Jamie said: "I am looking to improve myself and make something of my life.

"To go to America is such a big opportunity – I have to grab it with both hands.

"If I do raise the funds, the scouts want me to be in America by August 10, so it's moving fast.

"The scholarship will mean I attend college every day and learn everything about sport from the game to physiotherapy. I will train each day and play two matches a week.

"When I was in the Navy I played in Dallas and it took a while to get used to the heat. It was a great experience then and I would love to return to fulfil my dreams."

Jamie claimed he was willing to do just about anything to get sponsorship and donations, adding: "I don't care what it takes; I just want to go so badly."

THANK YOU FOR READING PLEASE PM ME OR LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS PAGE OR RING ME ON 07794469882 IF THIER IS ANYTHING ANYONE IS WILLING TO DO.

Guest Shanz07

ANYONE THAT IS WILLING TO HELP IN WHAT EVER WAY THEY CAN PLEASE DO.

Is this the little fella who played up front for St.Breward?

Guest Shanz07

yes it is couple season ago

Yeah I remember you, you calmed that temper yet? I seem to recall last time we met you headbutted our centreback and managed to get away with not even a yellow.

Guest goalmachine999

cant remmemeber that but yeah ive calmed down but i spose you do when you go back and play a better standard of football with people that know what they are doing. lol

Guest Reginald Perrin

Not being funny here but i'm supprised you got offered one.

Best of luck with your fund raising though. Just get a student loan or something??

:c:

Guest Reginald Perrin

everyone can have a good game son. If your the small lad who played fo newquay re's towards end of last season then i'm very supprised.

:c:

Jamie claimed he was willing to do just about anything to get sponsorship and donations, adding: "I don't care what it takes; I just want to go so badly."

Why don't you just get a job, borrow off family or get a loan? You probably won't get any help from an internet forum although i do understand your thinking.

Good luck either way, it sounds like an awesome oppurtunity.

Having lived in Texas for many years I think that you will find that Tyler College is a small Junior College. This means that they are not an NCAA college and the hope of recognition in any competitive college game is non-existant (they are NJCAA). Just to put this in to perspective this offer is the equivalent to a scholarship to say Cornwall College in St Austell. I would hope this young lad does his homework before pursuing this too far - its a long way to Dallas and I would hate for him to be disappointed with the outcome.

Guest goalmachine999

clevortrevor. having already done my homework and already looked at everything i needed to i will nw correct you that tyler college is currently play at semi pro level and has the most people that progresses on to play professioanal in the states. it is ranked as one of the best colleges in the states at the present time.

sorry to correct you but needed to be done.

Are you serious? First Tyler colege is a junior college which means it does not compete against the NCAA colleges - unless you mean another College other than Tyler? Secondly colleges in the United States are forbidden to have any "pro's" or pay player in any way. I can categorically tell you that you are mistaken. As for players going from Tyler to the pro's - there's no way. If they were that good they would play for a NCAA Div 1 college.

Guest The Patriot

There is about 6 "colleges" in Tyler and the one your quoting IS a JNR college. Are you sure you dont mean University of Texas AT Tyler?? That would make more sense

You are correct there are a number of colleges in Tyler. The UT Tyler college is a member of the University of Texas System. Their main college being in Austin Texas. The UT Tyler college in not a junior college, and they play their sports as an NCAA Division III college and as such would play against similar colleges in Division III. In 2008 UT Tyler did not finish ranked in the top 25 in Division III. My point being that to progress to the pro's you are more likely to be noticed and selected if you are good enough to play for one of the top 10 or so teams that are ranked in NCAA Division I. There are always exceptions though.