Cornwall Football Forum

Talented youngster looking for club

Guest jayrich

Guest jayrich

i was just wondering if their are any ecpl clubs looking to take on new faces , i am currently playing for millbrook under 18's but i feel i have more talent to show then what i could in ec2 and want to play in the premier as i feel i could offer any team a different dimention anyone interested in a trial period please let me no

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Why dont you try junior football in the duchy just to see if you can cut it in mens football as there is a big difference to u18's football!

What is wrong with Millbrook 2nd team??

Guest jayrich

i havent really given it a chance to be honest but if its anything like the way the first team is run im not reli interested , the manager came along to training first session and didnt cum across in the best of light

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Well im not gonna get drawn in to slating him, but maybe you should try around some duchy clubs to learn your trade as good players like Darren Hicks did. Youve got plenty of time to play senior football.

Guest Shanz07

Your welcome to come to Saltash United 3rds for pre season training if your interested? We will be playing in the top league of Duchy football so if you feel your ready for EC then the Duchy Prem would be a great place to play to get some experience in mens football, if your interested let me know and i'll give you the information.

I second that coming to St stephens Borough could be a good move for you...we try to get some youngsters involved in our team as much as possible with 5 Saltash Youth U18s playing at some point or another last year, with some of these going to uni and others working we are always looking for eager youngsters.

im sure you will learn a lot in a friendly club with all our players (bar a couple of the old fogies!!) being 24 and under.

you may know some of the youngsters in James Felipe and Jamie Walton-Gould who are going to be pre season training with us.

if youre interested let me know and i can give you a call or somehting

relegation?? why would a team who have only dropped 7 points at home all season, beating St Blazey first team, holding second spot all season until the last 2 games when they missed out on promotion by 2 points, with the same squad bar 2 players achieve relegation??!!! know your football lad!

Haha we shall see, and then when my pre-season predictions come true over the course of the season you lot will understand how much i know about football......

Guest jayrich

ladys ladys im sure theres enough of me to go round maybe i should try a lil trial period at each club to see which one has more to offer me then itll stop these arguements

Guest Shanz07

ladys ladys im sure theres enough of me to go round maybe i should try a lil trial period at each club to see which one has more to offer me then itll stop these arguements

Yeah well like I said Jay your willing to train with us, we are a young team so you wouldn't feel out of place, i'm our oldest player and i'm only 25.

Anyway like I said earlier, if your interested then let me know on a private message and i'll fill you in on any details you need.

i wouldnt waste your time discussing on this thread jayriches refusal to answer my earlier question makes me assume that he is not at millbrook and is prettending to be somebody he is not.!

I dont wish to start any arguments just my opinion, but i believe this thread was started to cause disruption between millbook 1sts 2nds and the under 18's. i hope that is not the case but if it is then so be it, but this site should be to discuus and celebrate football not to cause petty arguments and squabbles in clubs, football banter is one thing deliberate disruption is another.

yes, its my intention to play several of the u18's over the course of the season.

As a team they have been training for the last three weeks and myself and first the team manager have been across to see them twice so far. As a club all 3 teams will be training together at least once a week during preason.

i will not make silly statements and guarantee how many players i will include in my squad or speek for the first team manager, but so far i have been very pleased with the turnout they have had every week and the standard of the players i have seen.

I have previously commented that there is little point having an u18's side at a club if they are not used as a resource to further the club and indeed improve these young players. The majority if not all of the u18's will get the opportunity to play in the preseason friendlies with hopefully several being in the squad for the first game of the season. All 3 clubs will also train at the same venue throughout the season so that we can monitor all players progress.

it makes me laugh how everything always has to come back to Millbrook thinking everyone is against them?

No-one cares about millbrook, jayrich is just asking if any clubs need a young 'talented' player. Duchy prem wouldnt be a bad move for ya its a good league with some top players, a good introduction to mens football.

Guest edgcumbetillidie

If jayrich is in fact Jason Richards then i think he could quite comfortably fit into any top level Duchy league side. His old man always keeps me up to date on who he is playing for and how he is getting on, he used to come up and watch us when his dad helped managed us.

I'd like to say i taught him all the tricks in the book, but better not in case he is better than me now!

Guest Shanz07

If jayrich is in fact Jason Richards then i think he could quite comfortably fit into any top level Duchy league side. His old man always keeps me up to date on who he is playing for and how he is getting on, he used to come up and watch us when his dad helped managed us.

I'd like to say i taught him all the tricks in the book, but better not in case he is better than me now!

I have already said to him about coming and training for us boys at Saltash but he hasn't responded to any message on that so don't know if he's interested.

P.S. I would change your tag aswell... looks a little silly now :P lol

Shanz07 - he's probably seen Warfelton!!

Jayrich - the Borough offer still stands - training starts next Tuesday, venue to be confirmed.

Walfelton is bad, but at least it is grass instead of a crappy plastic pitch where you cant slide!!! And if you sign for St Stephens Borough you will have to pay £10 per week!!!! Aint worth it playing for relegation!!!!

Guest edgcumbetillidie

I have already said to him about coming and training for us boys at Saltash but he hasn't responded to any message on that so don't know if he's interested.

P.S. I would change your tag aswell... looks a little silly now :P lol

Can any of you see this is a someone trying to wind jason up by using his name to this topic??? or are you just all blind!

he hasnt replied to any of your offers! he hasnt said where he wants to go, and he wont reply he will just come back to you with stupid remarks such as 'now now girls theres enough of me to go around'.

Borough is £5 match fees and has been that for several seasons now.

Certainly isnt £5 to train.

On what basis can you call Borough a waste of time? Clearly we must have upset you - or perhaps beaten you?

To call a club a waste of time is insulting to the club officials who put a lot of effort in behind the scenes and a loyal band of players who have taken the club into senior football.

Guest Frank le tank

I love the way 'who did what' makes up inaccurate comment, after inaccurate comment. It is plain to see that you have some kind of problem with Saltash United, St Dom and Boro probably due to the fact that you have failed to suceed at any of them or jelous in some way. Correct?

I love the way 'who did what' makes up inaccurate comment, after inaccurate comment. It is plain to see that you have some kind of problem with Saltash United, St Dom and Boro probably due to the fact that you have failed to suceed at any of them or jelous in some way. Correct?

Not in the slightest!!!! I just post unbiased comments thats all. There is no reason to ######-foot around.... I know people put time and effort in and that is commendable, but people tend to be unrealistic. Borough will never be able to go any further, will not be able to attrack players like Saltash can. You have some decent players there now but when they move on what then?...... and people prefer to play on proper pitches not plastic.

Relegation looms

Guest Frank le tank

I can see where your coming from in terms of Boro not being able to attract players as easily as Saltash United, but then again the majority of east cornwall prem teams dont have the facilities and infrastucture of Saltash United. In terms of te plastic pitch yeah some people dont want to play on it week in week out but I guarentee that relegation does not 'loom' with only the 2 players leaving and 5 new players coming into the squad.

So what team are you involved with 'who did what'?

Why does the fact that Borough will never be able to go any further - at our present pitch - makes us a waste of time?

St Blazey never went any further when they won a succession of South Western League titles - does that make them a waste of time?

Saltash & Liskeard never went any further after winning the Western League - were they a waste of time?

The fact is Borough couldnt go any further than Duchy League Premier on our old pitch - so we found another one. Who knows what could happen in the future?

The fact is we still can go further - ECPL Premier.

Instead of being negative why not look at the positive? Borough provided and continue to provide an opportunity for Saltash players to play in senior football and with our links with Saltash Youth will continue to do so in the future.

The players that have left will be replaced as players have been in previous seasons and the club will continue to go from strength to strength.

Spod - all the lads that won Duchy 1 paid £5, the lads that won Duchy Premier paid £5 and the lads that came so close to getting promotion from ECPL One and the lads that beat St Blazey SWPL team all paid £5.

Virtually all the lads are staying to pay £5 again this year.

Enough quality there I think.

Spod - all the lads that won Duchy 1 paid £5, the lads that won Duchy Premier paid £5 and the lads that came so close to getting promotion from ECPL One and the lads that beat St Blazey SWPL team all paid £5.

Virtually all the lads are staying to pay £5 again this year.

Enough quality there I think.

DO not forget the £5 training fees also!!!!! WIth regards to Borough bringing in the younger players, arn't Saltash United thirds doing that??

What £5 training fees?

You keep on about these but they dont exist.

I imagine Saltash 3rds are also bringing in youngsters - why does that stop us doing it?

Well wise man how much do you pay for training fees then, as i know they are not free!!! Surely there is not enough young players to play for both Clubs??

Are you not looking at all these comments through darkend glasses being a representative of the club??