Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL TITLE FAVORITES

Guest jayrich

nice to see this year the reigning champions arent been wrote off like last! i tryed getting into the torpoint side last year but i was a little to young and light weight and im sure it wasnt easy for them , im playing for millbrook under 18's this year but would love a chance to prove myself in torpoint seconds hopefully if i put in the performances for the under 18's ill get my trial

Guest jayrich

i play for millbrook under 18's thats all u need to no :P just look out for the talented one in midfeild haha cant say much more or the first team manager of millbrook will throw his toys out the pram again:P

• 3 weeks later...

Never Touched Him Ref,

You haven't got a scooby do!!

A top three including both promotedclubs and without twice champions Torpoint?? :o

And before you start....I'm not gonna 'big up' Bere Alston...never have done....We'll be happy to improve on last season and hopefully be up there challenging and maybe have a decent cup run.

Torpoint are the team to catch and apart from Dan Chapman who I beleive has gone to Falmouth, they have retained all of last seasons squad and the only thing that may upset their flow, is whether Stuart Dudley insists on calling up 2nd team players into his depleted 1st XI squad

Plymouth Parkway are no doubt gonna be very strong and will probably be in there challenging with Torpoint, but I think Billy Hopcroft has left Bude and gone SWPL and Liam Sandercock broke his leg towards the back end of last season so arguably Bude's best two players will be missing come the start and they like we did last season may struggle initially to find their feet.

Launceston and in particular Saltash are both under new management and may not be as strong this season so the team I have an outside fancy for (other than ourselves of course :D ) are Sticker....A good mix of youth and experience with plenty of goals from Chris Kitson and providing they don't lose too many to the likes of St Austell and St Blazey, I can see them also in the shake up especially as they're pushing for SWPL status themselves.

Top three for me (not including Bere Alston)

Torpoint Athletic

Plymouth Parkway

Sticker

For me Torpoint will win it by a country mile. Last season they finished 10 points ahead of 2nd place Saltash and 20 ahead of 3rd place Launceston. With both Saltash and Launceston having a new management team i cant see anyone displacing Torpoint. The pack behind last seasons top 3 will have to dramatically improve their squads to be in contention. Sticker rely too heavily on Kitsons goals. Bere Alston and St Stephen both have hard working physical sides but lack the quality Torpoint have. Cant see Parkway or Bude challenging either. Yes Parkway ran away with div 1 last year but came unstuck against a prem side in the supp cup final.

For me Torpoint will win it by a country mile. Last season they finished 10 points ahead of 2nd place Saltash and 20 ahead of 3rd place Launceston. With both Saltash and Launceston having a new management team i cant see anyone displacing Torpoint. The pack behind last seasons top 3 will have to dramatically improve their squads to be in contention. Sticker rely too heavily on Kitsons goals. Bere Alston and St Stephen both have hard working physical sides but lack the quality Torpoint have. Cant see Parkway or Bude challenging either. Yes Parkway ran away with div 1 last year but came unstuck against a prem side in the supp cup final.

Only in the last ten minutes. Up till then they matched Saltash. Parkway to consolidate there position in the Premier this season. A lot of strong teams around, will be a good test for them

Guest budeno4

Well i play for Bude, but i hope for us to be in challenging for the title but i think that we would be happy to get a top half finish in our first season! Thank you for the complement CoachKT, yeah Billy Hopcroft has left and gone to Bideford and as you know i broke my leg at the end of last season, but go back start of August to get the all clear and hopefully will be back towards the end of August! But my prediction is that Plymouth Parkway, Launceston and Torpoint are the clear favorites, i heard Sticker lost there young player Kieren Connibear-Trafen and feel that may be a big lose!

I believe that although the league could be closer fought than last year torpoint will come through as champions and as long as parkway hold on to the players they walked to the ECPL div 1 title with they will also be right up there however below that there are many teams who will be there there abouts.

Predicted Top 3:

Torpoint

Plymouth Parkway

Sticker

That cup final could have gone either way. If anything it proved that Parkway are more than equipped to compete with the best teams in that league!!!

there is no doubt Torpoint start as favourites for the title..parkway will be strong as well, i think it could be a lot closer at the top this year with a lot of strong sides like launceston sticker bere bodmin

torpoint

parkway

bodmin

sticker

• 2 weeks later...

who did what, if you were more realistic in your ability you wouldn't be like this. Why don't you accept your true level and start enjoying your football

Haha do you even know what you are talking about....this comment has no relation to the subject and no context.....you need to go back to primary school 4-4-2 and study the english language.......If you are trying to refere to my playing level then you would be suprised to know where I play and who i play for, however i am intitled to my view, if you do not agree with it TOUGH...... you can post your comment and then people can make their mind up, and when Saltash continually struggle (Since they struggled in the league below which is easier) and are in the bottom three you can apologise.

Saltash is obviously close to your heart so tell me where you think they will come?? Coz they have made lots of improvements to their squad that struggled last year havn't they??!!! :thumbsup:

who did what, if you were more realistic in your ability you wouldn't be like this. Why don't you accept your true level and start enjoying your football

Haha do you even know what you are talking about....this comment has no relation to the subject and no context.....you need to go back to primary school 4-4-2 and study the english language.......If you are trying to refere to my playing level then you would be suprised to know where I play and who i play for, however i am intitled to my view, if you do not agree with it TOUGH...... you can post your comment and then people can make their mind up, and when Saltash continually struggle (Since they struggled in the league below which is easier) and are in the bottom three you can apologise.

Saltash is obviously close to your heart so tell me where you think they will come?? Coz they have made lots of improvements to their squad that struggled last year havn't they??!!! :thumbsup:

Ok i will go back to primary school. Maybe you could join me, you could then learn that refer has no E on the end, surprised has 2 R's not 1 and entitled starts with an E not an I.

If you really want to believe you are good and that you play at a high level then that is up to you, i'll let you carry on in your make believe world.

On the subject of Saltash, i think this season will be very different than the last couple, but i wish them well, i'm sure they will compete and give 100% commitment each week