Saturday 18th July…..Wessex Rangers (P&D Premier)…..Away…..K.O. 3pm

Wednesday 22nd July…..Plymouth Argyle XI…..Home…..K.O. 6pm

Saturday 25th July…..Hayle FC (SWPL1W)…..Away…..K.O. 3pm

Thursday 30th July…..St Cleer (Duchy Premier)…..Away…..K.O. 6.45pm

Saturday 1st August…..Royal Marines (SWPL1E)…..Away…..K.O. 2.30pm

Saturday 8th August…..Tamarside FC (P&D Premier)…..Away…..K.O. 2.30pm

Thursday 13th August…..Tamarside FC (P&D Premier)…..Home…..K.O. 45pm

Guest optical

A good mix of friendlies there coachkt. Should hit the ground running this season and carry on from where you finished last season

It's nice that a few people are talking about us, but we've got a lot of hard work to do before we can consider ourselves as title contenders.

Having sorted out some very good friendly opposition, it's now down to improving the squad over the weeks leading up to the big kick off.

We made an awful start last season, which was a stiff learning curve for all concerned...myself included.

Wasn't helped by injuries and suspensions and a lack of consistency in the first half of the season, not to mention a host of missed chances and being punished for every mistake and lapse in concentration.

Took us till the new year to really find our feet and a run of three defeats culminating in a humiliation at Sticker was a turning point.

Then went on a run of one defeat (to Torpoint) in our last thirteen games and didn't really want the season to end.

What we need is a bit more quality in one or two positions (doesn't everyone) and greater strength in depth, which was certainly our undoing on more than one occasion.

As a small club, we are always gonna find it hard to compete on a regular basis with the SWPL clubs like Torpoint, Tavistock, Saltash and Launceston, especially with their resources.

If we can make a better start and show we have learnt from last season, I'd be happy with an improvement in the league, getting a bit closer to Torpoint and a good cup run (maybe a final)....Anything else would be a bonus...and nice just the same...

....Ask me again in, say...March..and I might have a different view.

Watch out though Torpoint.....Plymouth Parkway would be my choice to give you a run for your money.

As Iv,e just said on another thread that it will be between Bere Alston - Torpoint - Parkway - Bude as the four title contenders, LOOK NO FURTHER!

Torpoint may struggle coming off their high from this season & dip in form with to much confidance having won it quite easily (I THINK WAS IT TEN POINT MARGIN?) the other three have it all to play for and could all give them a shock.

Best of luck Kev