Cornwall Football Forum

Predictions for mining 3 next season

Guest harty

Guest harty

Luckily Wendron 5ths have a side next season only last week we were told were not having a 5th team anymore because its strecthing Wendrons resources to much but just found out were back in the league next season :c: Next season were hopefully looking strong if nothings changed with the players tht are wanting to play for us next season. If we get the squad which is looking very likely were looking for mid table at least and hopefully end our run of bottom 4 lol

I've heard that teams from higher leagues are dropping out and combining, so to be honest, it's a little early to say not knowing how many teams are going up and who is going to be coming in. I've heard that west cornwall are trying for another team as well so i'm sure once again they will be strong. If anyone knows any different again i'm just working off speculation, (and my spelling is still crap). Plase tell if anyone is in the loop and knows any more.

I would look at how many teams go and up and down before any predictions can be made. Due to various changes last season 5 teams were promoted and a host of new clubs added to the mining set up.

This season Troon were promoted, with nobody coming back down the opposite direction; 1 more space in Mining 1.

If the Spice / Four Lanes situation is true (which I would assume it is) then that is one less team in Mining 1

The rumour Mill suggested that Portreath may not have a second team, and also that Wendron would lose a side, but I just read on another thread that Wendron will be keeping their 5th's.

Plenty more changes could happen which could create another situation similar to last year. The second team that west Cornwall are starting will be playing in the Sunday league if accepted.

Storm second team have been told that they are promoted into division 2.

would teams be relegated from division 2 still?

So at present i don't think that much can be predicted on this league!

Guest bunditheboss

hi fatso

just to let you know portreath will have a reserve team next year and a very strong one hopefully with what players are coming in, but its pre- season so i want count my chickens yet til i get the signatures from these players.

Guest bunditheboss

there is a meeting this week with a potential sponsor and manager, the reserve team manage rwill be announced after the meeting this week, with afew candidates, some good signing coming next year from current mining 1 sides so hopefully portreath and titans up fighting at the other end of the league, i heard you will be making some signings yourself this year

Guest bunditheboss

no mate not this season, tried it last year and didnt enjoy it, only good part was attracting the players i did to the club, i am still attracting the players to the club but leaving the manager position to someone else, concentrate on playing this year, drop a stone so far so hopefully mining league will see a new bundi next year!!!!

hope you have not got to pick it up bundi :P:D

the manager is out doing his work i am just waiting for all the paper work and meetings as i am the new secretary of the club :c::drink: as you said hopefully we shall be looking down on a few more teams this season,cant stand another end of season like last year. :smiley20:

there is a meeting this week with a potential sponsor and manager, the reserve team manage rwill be announced after the meeting this week, with afew candidates, some good signing coming next year from current mining 1 sides so hopefully portreath and titans up fighting at the other end of the league, i heard you will be making some signings yourself this year

No names yet as you said would be wrong to count your chickens and all that, but i cant wait for next season only problem is i dont think i ll get a game!!!

PS when we gonna have a game of fifa 09 on xbox live???? :thumbsup:

Guest harty

With you and Mike in defence you'll be ok, heard you might need a keeper......!

Hey Pidge yea we might b looking for a keeper next season i know one of mikes dad's freind's might b joining us as a keeper but thts not a 100 % thing. Don't know yet if he will b with us??? So yea were def looking for a decent keeper to b joining us!! You interested are you?