Cornwall Football Forum

CAN I PLAY THIS COMING SEASON?

Hello. Im a big fan of playing Sunday League, enjoy it thoroughly and im always up early Sunday mornings anyway (usually to avoid having to accompany my girlfriend to her weekly trip to Tesco extra!).

Ive played many seasons of SL before and want to again next season but last season i played senior football and im unsure of the rules regarding senior and former senior players.

I dont intend to play any more senior football (i wont say why not but it was nothing to do with the fact i wasnt good enough! :unsure: ) and im firmly commited to playing junior footy and sunday league but just want to know if im allowed.

Ive heard from some people that il be fine, from others that il be ineligible, anybody out there who actually knows what their talking about, please help!!! Thanks :D

:c:

Ive heard from some people that il be fine, from others that il be ineligible, anybody out there who actually knows what their talking about, please help!!! Thanks

Two strings to this one.

1. If you played 5 senior games last season, as far as the County Association is concerned, you are a "Senior Player" and cannot play in a Junior competition. To put this right, you have to reinstate as a Junior player by writing to the CCFA Ltd explaining who you played for, who you're going to play for, and enclosing £6. Then you're a junior player in the eyes of the County until you've played another 5 senior games. (I know it doesn't make sense - nothing new there.)

2. In addition to that rule, the West Cornwall Sunday League have agreed a code of practice whereby no player who has played Senior football in the last month shall play in the League - and then only with the Secretary's approval. This ensures that, as the competition (League) intends, only bone-fide junior players shall play in the League. It would otherwise be possible to play for Truro City 1sts on Saturday and Crowntown the following day.

Hope this helps.

Ive heard from some people that il be fine, from others that il be ineligible, anybody out there who actually knows what their talking about, please help!!! Thanks

Two strings to this one.

1. If you played 5 senior games last season, as far as the County Association is concerned, you are a "Senior Player" and cannot play in a Junior competition. To put this right, you have to reinstate as a Junior player by writing to the CCFA Ltd explaining who you played for, who you're going to play for, and enclosing £6. Then you're a junior player in the eyes of the County until you've played another 5 senior games. (I know it doesn't make sense - nothing new there.)

2. In addition to that rule, the West Cornwall Sunday League have agreed a code of practice whereby no player who has played Senior football in the last month shall play in the League - and then only with the Secretary's approval. This ensures that, as the competition (League) intends, only bone-fide junior players shall play in the League. It would otherwise be possible to play for Truro City 1sts on Saturday and Crowntown the following day.

Hope this helps.

Umm...ok, thank you for your reply but im still a bit confused buts thats nothing new! :P

I did re-register mid-way through last season (around about January), paid the money and all that lot and played in the Mining League for the second part of season. I certainly havent played 5 senior games since my re-registration and none within the last month, besides im not a senior player anyway in terms of ability!

So would that make me 'in the eyes of the CCFA!' a junior player and therefor legiable to play next season?

P.S. Redruth 07, il remember that comment next time you want a lift home from work in when its raining! :SM_carton_y::P Have no fear, theres plenty more life in these legs, my boots wont be hung up for a long time yet!!! :yahoo:

I did re-register mid-way through last season (around about January), paid the money and all that lot and played in the Mining League for the second part of season. I certainly havent played 5 senior games since my re-registration and none within the last month, besides im not a senior player anyway in terms of ability!

So would that make me 'in the eyes of the CCFA!' a junior player and therefor legiable to play next season?

If that is a correct account, then there should be no problems with playing Sunday football this next season.

However, you are, for season 2009/2010 a "reinstated player". Teams may only play up to 4 reinstated in the County Sunday (or Junior) Cup. Only one reinstated player is permitted in a West Cornwall Sunday Football League match. (Or cup competition.)

Your club should inform the League Secretary that you are a reinstated player when you register.

I think that covers it. The County rule isn't at all helpful. It would be much simpler if they adopted the one month time restriction, like the rest of the country seems to do and the F.A. Standard Rules" suggests.

Thank you oldasitgets, that about covers it, hopefully all will be well for me to play next season, as i enjoy Sunday football very much, its a good league and i missed it thoroughly last season.

Il be sure to inform the league and which ever club i join of my situation. :)

Redruth07, i was quite happy with my goal but cant boast too much as it was about all i did during 40mins of 5aside last night!!!

You might be right about the legs yesterday but i reckon your ears might be giving you trouble because every time i shouted for you to track back you didnt seem to hear me!!! :P:yahoo::P

How long would A One and a Six remain a "re-instated player",Bill? He can't remain a "re-instated player" for season 2009-2010 surely.

If he reinstated to Junior status back in January,not playing Senior football since,surely he would be considered a Junior player after the time lapse.

The County rule has words to the effect "reinstated in the current or preceding season." (You don't really need me to look up the exact wording, do you?) So, I'm afraid that, if he was reinstated in season 2008/2009, then he remains a "reinstated player" for the whole of season 2009/2010.

Doesn't the idea of a month gap as a simple criterion to be a junior player, look extremely sensible?

Try asking your CCFA rep to raise this suggestion with the Rules Committee. (There is some irony there)

I wrote to them suggesting this about 5 years ago. I haven't had a reply yet. (I check the post daily)