Cornwall Football Forum

Guest bunditheboss

heads up pitty, holmans have a great set up there so keep battling away, should be a good season, we all know club loyalty is a thing in the past, its what managers are at a club that make the players go there, but at the end of the day if you have die hard players at a club that club will always know that the players are there for the club not the manager or the money, hope you pull together in time for the season, its hard attracting players we all know if you havent got the manager there!!!!!!

Thanks Bundi

The manager is in place now mate and it will be the Homans legend and our manager of our 2nds last year Gary Edmunds assisted by Chairman Ray Richards. It's no secret we are still a combo and FHFL1 side with lots to offer with tons of new kit and good sponsorship this year we are training at 7pm on Wed nights at Blaythorne so if any players fancy a stab at senior football the more the merrier!!!

Write Ludgvan off at your peril, i'm not saying their gonna win the league or anything but they will sure put up a big fight not to finish bottom 3 like they have been doing in previous years, and anything better than the previous season's league placements will be a big improvement! :SM_carton::SM_carton: :c:

Guest Luffy

No disrespect to Ludgvan, but they will finish bottom 3. How many more times are they going to finish around this position without being relegated from the combo?? I think the past 2-3 seasons they have finished bottom each time. How long is this going to last??

Why will Ludgvan finish in the bottom 3? If you look at all the changes within the combo this year not only have there been player movements but also manager movements, therefore, what happened in the previous season cannot always be a good guide to the next.

I agree that Ludgvan over the past few season have not had the best of results, but then again clubs go through these transitional phases.

I've not taken charge of the first team just to make up the numbers in the combo, and although we all at Ludgvan know it is not going to be easy the aim is to try and bring some success to the club, which in this particular case is to try and finish in a respectable place in the league and away from the bottom three.

This season is going to be interesting as I think that due to the close season movements the league maybe tighter than it has been for several years. I know that I am looking forward to the start of the season and I wish everyone involved in this years campaign good luck!!! :thumbsup:

I have a feeling in my old bones that whoever finishes in the bottom 2 in the combo this season could be in real danger of relegation.

The last couple of seasons we have had two teams promoted from the league (Truro, Perranporth), being replaced by Portreath and Troon so the bottom clubs have been lucky and have not been relegated.

Of the main candidates being banded about to win the league this season, (St Day, Perranwell, Penzance, Illogan) none I think would make it or want to join the SWPL.

This means that the bottom two clubs at the end of the season could be in real trouble.

Pendeen, Falmouth Athletic, Storm, Probus and others will no doubt be looking to apply to join.

Therefore real problems for the bottom two clubs.

Mind you I may be wrong, what do I know?

Guest Luffy

I think you could be right there cornishteddyboy that is why it will be important not to finish in the bottom 2 this season. I know from the comments that I have read that quite a few people think Ludgvan have been lucky to keep their senior status over the past couple of season and they are right, fortune has smiled on them including the team that finished 2nd from bottom, therefore it is important that the club grab onto the opportunity that they have been given with both hands to improve their position and standing within the league and I can assure you that is what we are planning to do.

Any club can have a mare over the season and find themselves near the bottom of the pile, the saying that a club is too big or good to go down is just that a saying, it is going to be interesting especially if this year the two at the bottom do get relegated could be a team that no one would expect to go down.

Guest WINNO

TEDDY BOY. I CAN TELL YOU THAT IF ST DAY GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROGRESS THEY WILL MY FRIEND 100%. BUT WE GOT TO GET INTO THAT POSITION 1ST M8....

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Guest WINNO

PITCH IS BEING WIDENED. ITS PLENTY LONG ENOUGH. CRICKET COULD BE SORTED PRETTY EASY IM SURE WITH SOME NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE RELEVANT LEAGUES....

Guest got it all

PITCH IS BEING WIDENED. ITS PLENTY LONG ENOUGH. CRICKET COULD BE SORTED PRETTY EASY IM SURE WITH SOME NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE RELEVANT LEAGUES....

dont think it would be as easy as that winno wiv the cricket to be honest m8

Guest Luffy

Goonhavern played in the SWPL whilst they could not use their pitch due to cricket, they just played their first 7 games away from home and made up the matches as they went through the year, do not see any difference for St Day.

Regarding pitches as long as they are the minimum legal diameters then they will be accepted by whichever league. If you look at the professional game pitches vary in sizes throughout the leagues as long as they are within the size laid down by the laws of the game then they are considered adequate.

Therefore if St Day had a chance to progress I am sure that they would have a very good chance

Goonhavern played in the SWPL whilst they could not use their pitch due to cricket, they just played their first 7 games away from home and made up the matches as they went through the year, do not see any difference for St Day.

Regarding pitches as long as they are the minimum legal diameters then they will be accepted by whichever league. If you look at the professional game pitches vary in sizes throughout the leagues as long as they are within the size laid down by the laws of the game then they are considered adequate.

Therefore if St Day had a chance to progress I am sure that they would have a very good chance

Why don't we just get on with the season that has not started yet before i get even more bored with the new regime at St Day!! and good luck to them as i have no gripe about the pitch etc etc!! :c: And that is not a topic starter about pitches either!

Winno, how much wider does the pitch actually need to be to be in the Peninsular League? obviosuly its alright at the moment for combo. But if you did get to progress how much more do you need? I understand there is a manhole cover on the side of the pitch where the dugouts are.

With the cricket square, there isn't much you can pinch from them is there, without sorting out a total new wicket for them???

Perranwell obvouisly in with a shout, Illogan, St Day, Penzance and as a dark horses St Agnes (If Kimmo can drop Kempy :thumbsup: ) and St Just !!!!! as for the bottom i wish luffy well but it will be a struggle along with Wendron and maybe portreath but i think the top six will be alot tighter this year and there won't be a runaway winner although I would love Perranwell to win it after finishing 2nd two years running.

Good luck to everyone in what could be the best year for the league in a few years.

On the Goonhavern point for a minute we were allowedd to compete in the peninsular league for only the first two years as a special case reference the sharing of the ground with the cricket, but they said they wouldn't look favourably on other clubs in years to come, if a club had to play 7 away games at the start of the season.

Perranwell obvouisly in with a shout, Illogan, St Day, Penzance and as a dark horses St Agnes (If Kimmo can drop Kempy :thumbsup: ) and St Just !!!!! as for the bottom i wish luffy well but it will be a struggle along with Wendron and maybe portreath but i think the top six will be alot tighter this year and there won't be a runaway winner although I would love Perranwell to win it after finishing 2nd two years running.

Good luck to everyone in what could be the best year for the league in a few years.

On the Goonhavern point for a minute we were allowedd to compete in the peninsular league for only the first two years as a special case reference the sharing of the ground with the cricket, but they said they wouldn't look favourably on other clubs in years to come, if a club had to play 7 away games at the start of the season.

Just a note the Kempy is not me :c:

Surely the league would want to allow teams with the backing that St Day obviously have, the chance to progress into a better league.

It makes the leagues more competitive and better if there are teams constantly gaining promotion or suffering relegation.

I think if any team can achieve promotion they should be given the chance to imporve thier facilities in the 1st season that they are promoted, because by the sounds coming out of the club they have the funds to do it.