Cornwall Football Forum

millbrook shock

Guest itk

Guest local_football_supporter

My son played 6 a side against dane bunney on monday night and asked him about the whole thing ,

Apprently bunney hasnt a clue where the orginal rumour came from and was contacted on saturday night by millbrookmike asking for more details , bunney was out at the time and by all accounts , ''smashed'' replyed using the name gary kelly. I doubt he expected millbrookmike to report it on the club official website .

Would be good to know where the orginal poster who broke the news got his information from.

i dont no why he would want gary kelly anyway he has a great young under 18's this year who could fill any position in the millbrook team easily , not sure if there all signing on tho think torpoint have a few already:P

I have heard all but 2 are signing for the club , but also heard that the 2 that are signed for torpoints 2nd team have been told by torpoint that if they sign for millbrooku18's they will not be allowed to play for torpoint 2nds

well dane was happy for it to be published on the website as he had a contact who knows a few players.

as for the actions of myself, i had a text as stated in a previous post, asking who this player was and i asked the manager "in the afternoon" not while he was drunk or whatever you assume, who the player was and more details so that i could put a link of the website. again i never mentioned he had signed, just that bunney was waiting for a call later this week, although i had a chat with him on msn last night and the move is not going ahead because kelly is not moving down to the region think what you like but dont come on here slagging me off for making this such a "big thing". i didnt believe it either, would be good to know who IFK/ITK is.

"i had a chat with him on msn" sums you up,i spoke to dane face to face and he told me who they were signing your trying to be in the loop when your clearly not,mabey admin can change your name to just mike???

Trouble is Mike, you react to criticism in a manner that suggests you think you are indispensable and whilst all volunteers are greatly under valued; no one person is ever that much of a loss.

You have been quick to publicly air your thoughts on this forum which, if I were Dane I would not be happy about. Particularily as you have only been at the club 2 minutes.

You also did yourself no credible favours when you continued to slate Callington publicly when things went pear shaped. Always worth keeping things sweet at previous employers/clubs as you never know what the future holds. You cannot keep jumping ship at the first sign of negativity!

As it goes though, Knorr have further increased their range of Oxo cubes after this latest public farce.

Boxed in the same manner as the Geordie equivalent, the black and white striped Millbrook cube is their latest flavour from the laughing stock range.

I'm here all week........... :drink:

i dont no why he would want gary kelly anyway he has a great young under 18's this year who could fill any position in the millbrook team easily , not sure if there all signing on tho think torpoint have a few already:P

Ummm, sorry gary kelly or a local under 18.

Gary Kelly has over 50 international caps and 500 matches for a ( at the time ) leading premiership club. He'd walk in to any team to league 1 level.

And as for Mike, maybe he shouldn't come on here, but he obviously wasn't told he couldn't and it would be a bit ' pot and kettle ' if the manager told him not to when he seems to be on here more than anyone else talking it up. Also, wouldn't be suprising if this info was deliberately leaked to mike so this exact thing would happen. Not any way for a senior club to act.

But still, do yourself a favour and join another club, don't write anything controversial on a website, maybe don't even look at them, and enjoy football again. Smaller clubs need help, offer it and you would be more valued probably.

WTF? you're now going to Newquay? 50 miles away?

As asked previously - in what capacity?

I'm sure you would be welcome as a fan but you're beginning to get a bit of a reputation.

Newquay is a strong healthy club, I don't think they would gain anything from your association with them.

Mike, you obviously enjoy football but maybe it's time you appreciated it as a spectator only?

i mean simon walton he been to over 6 clubs in a 2 year spell i been with 3 clubs, but its only because the services im offering.

There's that mud slinging I was on about! Rather than judging yourself on th poor end of the scale look at the opposite end and use those who have been in long service as the benchmark!

i had to dub cally in it to build uo my own personal profile

This is the problem IMO. Officials should build profiles by being good at what they do not by having to throw slurs or blowing their own trumpet and creating publicity.

i personally did not make the choice of joining millbrook, it was a case of they needed me,

This is a contradiction to the obvious choices you made and commented on in other threads at the time!

You obviously have a very large ego that needs regular stroking.

For what its worth, I think you should look to make a move to a lower league junior team where the efforts of one man can change the fortunes of the club. Senior clubs already have set ups that involve relatively loyal people. Newcomers who try and make massive impacts early on are often looked upon as a pain in the ass rather than an asset.

You obviously have a lot of enthusiasm and I reckon you would be better off at a club where a little means a lot and not where a lot means a little!

Newquay are ambitious and are going places. Not sure they need the efforts of a man who may bring them into disrepute at regular intervals.

P.s I bet its not your last post on the forum!

How un.loyal can you get ? dane bunney and millbrook have given you agreat chance to do what you enjoy ie programme , the website and running the line ,and now you could be buggering off to newquay , if i were dane id just get rid ,

all the work you do at millbrook ,newquay allready have in place . what are you exactly going to be doing?

also why you making out your some kind of hero saying millbrook needed you ? how have they managed without you for 100odd years

you really are a moron ,i hope to hear dane bunneys take on all this .

Rambling on about nothing inparticular.......who really gives a ****?

No disrespect, but you come across as some sort of self deluded computer geek and most of what you post on here is bollocks.

I for one am getting a bit tired of seeing your name on here every thirty seconds.

:SM_carton::SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

I agree it is very boring , but Clubs looking to take mike on should look at his history , caused trouble at 3 clubs now with millbrook being his latest victims . speaking Publicly about them on the net! Millbrook gave him a club and the freedom to do the work he wanted when cally got rid of him , ( or when mike jumped before being pushed)

Have you and millbrook officially parted company mike ?