Cornwall Football Forum

Early predictions for the Duchy Premier?

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Let the mind games begin and lets here some predictions.

Mine are that we will win the treble and we have lost a couple of players(work/retirement) but have a couple of top players(ex SWPL) that might be interested in coming to the home of football.

Two weeks till pre-season and i cant wait!!! As for my squad, they best enjoy the next couple of weeks cos believe me they will be fit to earn a green beret come the end of August!!

Guest gunniplayer

how can wally 6 say who cares bout duchy premier??? its the league everyone wants to be in.lol.

as far as predictions go for next season i dont know where the titles will be going this season but i can see 4 teams fighting it out for the top duchy prizes.

The gunni players that finished the season are all staying at the club and from what the managers informed me last nite a few new players could be added to the squad, so no ones places in the starting 11 will be cemeted through out the season. roll on season 09/10!!!!!!

Gunny were always a formidable side in Junior football,and I wish you well.Once again the strength of local football seems to be up east.Are your facilities up to the standard for Senior football? I know you used to suffer a lot from drainage.Has that been resolved?Would be nice to see you pit your wits against neighbours Bere Alston,Tavistock,Lifton,Callington & St.Dominick.

Let the mind games begin and lets here some predictions.

Mine are that we will win the treble and we have lost a couple of players(work/retirement) but have a couple of top players(ex SWPL) that might be interested in coming to the home of football.

Two weeks till pre-season and i cant wait!!! As for my squad, they best enjoy the next couple of weeks cos believe me they will be fit to earn a green beret come the end of August!!

i think you may be right neil. you have a quality side, but feel ul only be able to complete the treble because ourselfs and edgcumbe have been promoted.lol :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: . goodluck for the season ahead mate. oh and by the way you missed a cracking game in the charity match.was a good day.

Guest gunniplayer

Gunny were always a formidable side in Junior football,and I wish you well.Once again the strength of local football seems to be up east.Are your facilities up to the standard for Senior football? I know you used to suffer a lot from drainage.Has that been resolved?Would be nice to see you pit your wits against neighbours Bere Alston,Tavistock,Lifton,Callington & St.Dominick.

thats adlestrop, we have a very strong team again but i would say that. All the Gunni players want us to be playing against the big guns in senior football and having a few tastey local derby's but unfortuntely the parish council wont let us update our changing rooms or the pitch to the standard stated my the east cornwall committee

Guest GOOSE ON

Best move then to another pitch!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise what ambition is there at the club and what are you all playing for every saturday if not promotion and to take yourselves to a better level of football??

Regards.

If the Duchy Premier is as good as last season then then everyone will be in for a good year. St Teath and Torpoint will be hard to beat but, Gunnislake and Looe may well have a say where all the trophy's go.

Again i would like to say thank you to all the teams in the league last year because it was a great battle, and i beleive you teams helped St Dennis get back into East Cornwall League Football.

cant see anyone else winning it than Torpoint. St teath are a good side and will finish 2nd. looe and gunni both good teams but wont win it, not sure what st cleer are like but saltash wont win it but are a tidy side.

Heard a few are retiring from Torpoint but they will retain their best players im sure and i personally think will do it quite comfertably.

Guest Shanz07

Us boys at Saltash will be tough to beat and looking at the last comment about St.Cleer, am I right in thinking that when Edgecombe went up they didn't win the 1st division either? Should be a very good season in the Premier though and i'm really looking forward to it.

True,a couple have moved on but anyone that knows me will know that a few more will be joining .Had a visist from Penryns groundsman this week who complimeneted the club on the pitch and the new dugouts,fencing stand etc.Good luck to the lads who have moved on i dont think i could have done much more for them ,although they havent actually told me that they have gone.We will be ther or there abouts have no fear about that.

Will be just as tight this year,Looe have had a good look ,and i am sure that they have very good players in there resereve team,i also think Lamerton will have learnt form last year and they will be very strong.The newcomers will more than prove they are capable,i dont really see to many easy games.

Hi bigdawg,Ted Meagor has left to play for St minver and Kev Cornford is training with wadebridge,i wish them both well but am sorry they have gone.Have made to very good signings to date with 2 more to follow.The squad will be a bit younger but hopefully full of goals.I am pleased that Chris Simmonds will be with us this year from the start.I think ther are a lot of people expecting us to fail because of the loss of to quality players,time will tell but i am sure the rest of the lads will give it everything they have.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

It will be another great season im sure and no disrespect to anyone but i dont think it will be as tough as last year!!!!!

Although i look forward to being proved wrong!!!!

Good luck to all!

Guest WeardyBeardy

Yeah fair enough he shows confidence in his team but everyone has confidence in there team thats why they're part of the management,

but it just seems like he just comes on here and runs his mouth off,

ok clearly torpoint were the highest finished team who are left in duchy prem last year but i feel there could be a few upsets and torpoint wont get everything their own way this coming season

Weardy Beardy he is only showing his confidence in his team, no need to be so offensive my friend. Torpoint will be the team to beat no doubt about that.

He may be cocky, but everyone else just has a laugh and continues the banter...... you seem to get offended by it...... whats the matter...... do not like a bit of competition as your obviously affiliated with a team who will face them next year

Guest Chunky

i feel that us boys at saltash utd can achieve a top 3 finish with the squad we have from last season and the 3 new additons we have added

Will be just as tight this year,Looe have had a good look ,and i am sure that they have very good players in there resereve team,i also think Lamerton will have learnt form last year and they will be very strong.The newcomers will more than prove they are capable,i dont really see to many easy games.

Looe have lost a couple of players, and none of their reserve side will step up - pity, as their 2nds have quite a few players better than their 1st team counterparts.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

tafc-gaffa is a cocky bastard and needs to stop running his mouth

Unfortunatley i am very confident in my teams ability and yes if you want to call it cocky it may look like that but when your in management and have the belief i do it might upset some people.

I respect every team we oppose and do like a bit of banter with them but only in jest.

Now WeardyBeardy you must dislike me which is up to you and i wont lose any sleep over but the word "BASTARD" is un called for as minors use this and i dont really warrant being called one as i have a father, who is most probably bigger than yours!!!! :D

And as for "RUNNING HIS MOUTH" i think you need to check what your posting as "pot" and "kettle" spring to mind!

There is one born every day................

Looe have lost a couple of players, and none of their reserve side will step up - pity, as their 2nds have quite a few players better than their 1st team counterparts.

Surely players don't have a choice if they step up or not... sounds like Looe are two teams, not one club if players don't step up to the first team when called upon.

Guest 2012

The way I see it, if you have confidence in your team shout about it, if you don't still shout about it because who know's for sure either way.

As long term follower of this league last year's premier league was a superb advert for junior football, let's hope this years can match it with 3 or 4 teams stepping up.

:clapper::clapper:

Oh yeah, nearly forgot, top 5 will be.................in my opinion

1. Torpoint

2. St Teath

3. Gunnislake

4. Saltash

5. St Cleer

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Yeah fair enough he shows confidence in his team but everyone has confidence in there team thats why they're part of the management,

but it just seems like he just comes on here and runs his mouth off,

ok clearly torpoint were the highest finished team who are left in duchy prem last year but i feel there could be a few upsets and torpoint wont get everything their own way this coming season

After a couple of days thinking about it and trying to be adult about it im sorry you have beaten me!!!!!

Your a nob!!!!!!!

Tut tut Pointy Man you have succumded ha! Anyway how is your lot shaping up have us mere mortals got any chance of winning anything this season?

St Teath and Gunni wont be 2nd and 3rd and Torpoint will be suprised because i have a feeling one team will shock the rest and an outside team will win the league!!

If St Teath have made the signings i hear they have they will definatley be in the top three and will push very hard for the title as they will be a lot stronger than last year. Can kitbag confirm any signings? Personally think this season could be as competitive as last time with some good sides about. Torpoint and st teath top 2, dont know much about saltash or st cleer but hear they are both pretty solid outfits.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I hope its as entertaining as last year but to clear a few things up, i dont believe for one minute St.Teath are on 50p a game let alone £30 as i think most SWPL teams would struggle to meet that. Yes i have rose to the bait but hey if you wear your heart on your sleeve like i do something has to give!!!!

Garf, my squad are looking strong and fit with 2 leaving due to semi retirement(signed on as cover) and 2 quality boys coming in so no real change just another years experience playing together and a hunger to finally take the title which i have promised them!!!!!!

What about you boys??

Think your def be challenging with us st. teath and Looe with maybe one of the new boys.

Hope that gets up WeardyBeardy's arse!!!!!!!!

eli or whatever you are called,no player is getting paid at st teath,this rumor has surronded me for many years,maybe its time for people to accept that perhaps i attract good players.We have lost Ted Meagor who is real quality,he has played for me since he was 16 or so and he has gone to st minver perhaps they are paying now.We have signed Jammie kaye from st breward and karl spillane from camelford,in addition i have signed shaggy walters ,who last played for wadebridge in the peninsula league .The squad is well covererd as i have also signed Steve Simmonds ,Dareen gilbert,luke hodge,and reg hambly as cover.I havent a clue who is going to win this league,but i am sure that whoever plays at st teath will be pleased with the ground and will compete with the best of them.