Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL meeting tonight?

Fantastic news that st dennis are returning to east cornwall football.Excellent club who have had a small number of hardworking individuals working tirelessly to keep the club going .They must be really proud that their efforts have enabled Dave rickard to put together a side that justifies senior status.I hope they do really well and the village provides them with the support they need to continue up the leagues.Unbeaten Champions again?

ECPL don't the old duffers at CCFA know that Millbrook and Marjons also applied with teams that didn't exist? What a sham if the likes of Millbrook, Marjons want to get involved in Cornish football join the Duchy League simple as. St Teath should of got in.

Most people seem to agree with you,Garf;however,it is "the old duffers at CCFA" who lay down the rules.Also the ECPL can only take extra teams from the Duchy if that League gives consent.Personally,I was surprised that Mr.Newcombe agreed to let St.Dennis go as the rules laid down quite clearly state that only 1 D.L. team may be promoted.If they stuck with this,then CCFA would have had no say:and Marjons would have been elected.My own view on Millbrook's being voted in is that all the CSWL reserves clubbed together and closed ranks.Nothing wrong with that!

Oh dear Garf, you obviously have not been reading the many posts about marjons. And again another pointless incorrect posting is made. And please stop saying 'getting involved in Cornish football'. It is the ECPL which is drawn from both Devon and Cornwall. Your comments beggar belief. And chairman again it is a university, you know ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!! not a college.

Somewhere in all the various rules I seem to remember reading that Clubs should be from arecognised Town,Village what have you.I think it a mistake to open up the leagues just to get in additional numbers etc. and ignore tradition ala plastic pitch debate.

Guest Flintstone

Most people seem to agree with you,Garf;however,it is "the old duffers at CCFA" who lay down the rules.Also the ECPL can only take extra teams from the Duchy if that League gives consent.Personally,I was surprised that Mr.Newcombe agreed to let St.Dennis go as the rules laid down quite clearly state that only 1 D.L. team may be promoted.If they stuck with this,then CCFA would have had no say:and Marjons would have been elected.My own view on Millbrook's being voted in is that all the CSWL reserves clubbed together and closed ranks.Nothing wrong with that!

After witnessing the behaviour of SOME of St Dennis 'supporters' at Pensilva when they where beaten by the

Saltash youngsters, in the semi of the KO cup, I don't think they will be missed by the Duchy league.

Oh dear Garf, you obviously have not been reading the many posts about marjons. And again another pointless incorrect posting is made. And please stop saying 'getting involved in Cornish football'. It is the ECPL which is drawn from both Devon and Cornwall. Your comments beggar belief. And chairman again it is a university, you know ADULTS!!!!!!!!!!!! not a college.

Don't see Devon or even a 'D' in East Cornwall Premier League mate. Cornish sides could not wait to get to out of the Plymouth League, now they are being invited to play in Cornwall ha ha ha. I think it's great myself loved P+D when we used to play in there. :D

Guest local_football_supporter

Same Old argument coming from the cornish about teams/players from plymouth , when the simple fact is without players from plymouth your senior leagues would not be anywhere near as good as it is , or should i say ''was'' back when it really was a good standard .

Garf: you obviously are besotted with the P.& D.League.Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell this Forum just why your club,Gunnislake are playing in the Duchy rather across the border which is more or less a Parks League.Furthermore, very shortly an announcement will be made regarding the P&D having its Premier Status DROPPED.

I bet you can,t wait to be back playing at Victoria Park:Lipson: andTothill etc.

Garf: you obviously are besotted with the P.& D.League.Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell this Forum just why your club,Gunnislake are playing in the Duchy rather across the border which is more or less a Parks League.Furthermore, very shortly an announcement will be made regarding the P&D having its Premier Status DROPPED.

I bet you can,t wait to be back playing at Victoria Park:Lipson: andTothill etc.

Don't know to be fair mate they were in the Duchy when i went there, must remember to ask though. We are a Cornish side so why would we want to play in Devon??????

Just like to add there are some quality players playing in P+D

Don't see Devon or even a 'D' in East Cornwall Premier League mate. Cornish sides could not wait to get to out of the Plymouth League, now they are being invited to play in Cornwall ha ha ha. I think it's great myself loved P+D when we used to play in there. :D

garf you been on the old :drink::drink: at callington cricket club again lol

As secretary of St Dennis i would like to say thank you to the ECPL for givng us a chance to prove that it was a minor blip on the clubs part when we pulled out 5 season ago. I would also like to say thank you to Kelvin Hunkin for the kinds words and if our the 1st team manager can get the boys to play football like when your were manager we will be very happy.

I feel sorry for St Teath like many others but whatever the ECPL did then there was bound to be someone unhappy with the Leagues decision.

We look forward to welcoming all the ECPL teams to Boscawen Park as we have done a awful lot of work since the start of last year.