Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL meeting tonight?

Guest GOOSE ON

In response to your question I'm afraid I don't know the answer......but if you are attending I would be grateful if you could post something on here when you get back to let everyone know how it goes and what teams get accepted???

Cheers :thumbsup:

Guest ECPL Supporter

Is it officially decided tonight? So we will all know who's in, who's not end of story? And by the way, saw Torpoint skipper Darren Wills out running earlier :blink::blink: :blink:

Well done to Edgcumbe for getting in, thoroughly deserved!!!

The only that is really! Where are they going to play - did I read somwehere Antony?

Thanks a lot for that Dave, thought St Dennis have done very well to regroup over the last few years, this season won the Junior Cup and came third in the league, Edgcumbe deserved to win it not doubting that, but believe that yours was a very negative comment, and St Dennis deserved their promotion.

Guest GOOSE ON

I'm quite new to all this East Cornwall League stuff and the weeks and weeks of this topic have been quite interesting!!!!

However, something I don't get so maybe you could enlighten me is why does Dobwalls seem to get little or no support with this election topic??

They are a club with great facilities and are well run and I believe well respected!!!

They have applied for a team to come in at East Cornwall level to support their 1st team. They already have a team at Duchy level so they would simply be looking to follow the example set by the likes of Saltash, Torpoint, Callington just to name a few that have teams playing in Cornish Football at all 3 levels!!!!

Surely out of all the applicants they have best fitting facilities for the East Cornwall League and other clubs would love to visit and play on such a great pitch next season!!!!

Just wandered what people think and what agenda there is in terms of them not getting much support on here in terms of their ambition??

Answers on a post-card..........................

Cheers

a very negative comment

Not intended to be negative, but I just think that with three teams coming in ... two being voted in, while Edgecumbe did it the proper way by actually winning a league.

I think the "new team" thing of Millbrook and Dobwalls is even more surreal! At least gas on tour you have a team in place already. :)

Guest local_football_supporter

I have had a phone call tonigt informing me that st dennis got in on account they won the junior cup , edgecombe because they won there league ,

then it was a straight vote between marjons and millbrook , which millbrook by all accounts won with ease !!!

Anyone know why dobwalls were not even in the vote ??

sT Teath not in the vote either.The agreement btween the duchy league and the ecpl was 1 team only,but subsequent aggreement allowed St dennis to take a place and wrightly so.I cannot beleive it is the correct decision to disregard St Teath in the vote in favour of a new side .I think that it would surely been wise to promote just the 2 sides and leave it at that.I DONT BLAME ,the duchy league for taking this stance to protect ther interset but really is a slap in the face for the rest of us applying in the correct manner with teams already in place.Well done to the promoted sides and i wish them well for the new season.I presume now that should other vacancies arise that newly formed teams will be accepted .

Guest local_football_supporter

So why were st teath and dobwalls just dis-regarded ???? and not entered into a vote !!

Have to say though a ficture between edgecombe and the team that kicked them out of millbrook ( millbrook resereves ) will have a bit of bite to it !!!!!! worth a watch !!

My comments are not going to be on behalf of my football club but from generally.

Millbrook are delighted and will ensure that the new season will be a good one for the reserves and thanks the committee and members at the meeting for voting our club into this good league.

as people have noticed millbrook and edgecombe will be a really tasty fixture to watch but off the field comments are going to be blown out of proportion, but in all truth both clubs will play both fixtures with 100% committment and professionalism as we are representing the league.

thank you again and goodnight.

O ne hopes this was said with tongue in cheek!

From the Millbrook first team manager DANE BUNNEY on their website this evening:-

"Many clubs have already started talking about Edgecombe and the the fixture between the two clubs what are your views: "I don't really want to talk about Edgecombe too much as I don't have a lot of time for them, but at least now they will be able to leave messages on the wall and tip the bins up side down in the away changing room insted."

:SM_carton:

Guest edgcumbetillidie

You didnt have to put them up on the website though did you?

Smacks a bit of immaturity to me!

On a plus note, didnt know that Steve was the U18s manager, does this mean that Jason will be playing next season? Great little player!

i personally cannot wait for next season now. As far as Millbrook goes, i dont need to comment on them as i think they are already a laughing stock as it is, which is made even worse now muppetmike is doing little interviews for their website that no-one really cares about.

Good to see St dennis come up as well, but i like a lot of others feel that the 3rd spot should have been given to a team who have worked their way up, in this case possibly st teath.

Roll on August!!!!

Congratulations to the three clus elected.

What facilities does the new Edgecumbe pitch have in place?

Why on earth did the East Cornwall committee ask St teath and Dobwalls to present their case to join the league if it was already agreed between the two leagues that they would not be thrown into the hat.

So much for the members having a free and democratic vote then!

The county needs to look at the farsical application process and get the league to sort it out.

Gooner! Surely any Club applying for membership to any League have the right of the courtesty to have their case heard.Otherwise how would member clubs have any idea what they have to offer.

Had this not been the case you may well have been the first to come on here complaining that a Club was not given their chance to present itself.

I 'm sure ECPL will advise us all of who were allowed to be elected e.g. facilities and how many Duchy clubs the CCFA/DL will allow to leave the duchy League.

Over to you ECPL !!

Looking forward to Edgecumbe v Millbrook Reserves, very tasty ! Excitingly anticipating this, even from the other end of the county ! Wouldn't want to stir it at all, but does either team want to sign a few from the Tinners or from Robartes Arms on cover to spice it up even further ? Match fees very reasonable !

What dates are the fixtures ? :c::c::drink::drink::D :yahoo:

Thanks for your comments bigdawg i have had a few calls today saying pretty much the same thing.I fully accept the decision of the meeting ,but we had already been advised that we would probably be excluded at our interview,having said that the chairman said " its not up to us there are 29 votes available".The duchy league in my opionion are wright to protect ther league but i do not accept that we where disregarded in a vote,as i see it the way is now open for any new club to apply straight into senior football,with only one team be promoted from the feeder league which currently is the duchy premier.I Think that had a full vote taken place we may have well been invited in,but the whole meeting was lead by decisions that had been made long before the season had concluded.Adelstop i think we have crossed paths a couple of times on this subject but you have always been straight to the point and i appreciate that.Hope fully my comments will be taken as sincere and we can only hope that someone takes the decision on what consitutes senior football in cornwall.Thanks to all those that have shown support to me and St TEATH FOOTBALL CLUB.

Guest gunniplayer

on hearing the news about the 3 elected clubs going to ecpl, well done to edgcumbe and st dennis for being promoted from our league and no doubt they will be up around the top contending for league honours but cant understand why st teath werent voted up aswell as they have worked exteremly hard to bring their facilities up to stratch and would of certainly held there own in that league next season.

I'm quite new to all this East Cornwall League stuff and the weeks and weeks of this topic have been quite interesting!!!!

However, something I don't get so maybe you could enlighten me is why does Dobwalls seem to get little or no support with this election topic??

They are a club with great facilities and are well run and I believe well respected!!!

Maybe because their reserve side finished bottom of Duchy Division One this year? To earn promotion you should be at the top of the Premier, not the bottom of One.

--

Richard

Thanks for your comments gunniplayer and trucker ,i am sure a lot of questions may be asked about millbrook election,but remember it is not there fault that this has been allowed to happen.I will certainingly make my feelings known to the right people.

Guest meatloaf

there is only one thing to say about this election process is that it IS and HAS has been a total farce

for a few years now!!!!!!!!!!

I think the ECPL comittee decided who THEY wanted and made it easy for the member clubs by withdrawing

Dobwalls and St Teaths applications so when it came to voting for clubs IN they got their result.

Camelford springs to mind!!!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL FIX :SM_carton:

I had an interesting chat with a couple of committee members today from an unnamed ecl division 1 side next season and they went to the meeting the other night.

they said it was a hard decision to make and it came down to marjons and millbrook as to who they would elect into the league.

this is not a fix but was more to do with location of the clubs and thats why they went for millbrook because they are in cornwall as marjons is in devon. so their decision against others sides has nothing to do with either clubs histories or why they should be elected, they already did that when they applied its the fact millbrook remain cornish and marjons devon, so i say no more.

Absolute mess. Who expected anything less? The league has gone down the pan in the last 2-3 years.

Not Millbrooks fault but why do they get voted in, infront of so many others.

To not hear Dobwalls and St.Teath's cases is a absolute disgrace. At least they have teams in place, and would certainly attract the players needed if they went up.

You hit the nail right on the head RAWA.

Dobwalls had a new team capable of doing well at ECPL level waiting in the wings and to not even have a chance for the clubs to vote for them is despicable.

It would have been more beneficial to the club if they had pulled their Duchy side out midway through last season when they were struggling although that would have deprived a number of dedicated lads of playing soccer.

It seems to me that was the only way Dobwalls would have had a fair shout?

this is not a fix but was more to do with location of the clubs and thats why they went for millbrook because they are in cornwall as marjons is in devon. so their decision against others sides has nothing to do with either clubs histories or why they should be elected, they already did that when they applied its the fact millbrook remain cornish and marjons devon, so i say no more.

I would confidently expect Marjons to be part of the Peninsula League in 20010/2011.

I agree with the Professor,geography played a major part in Millbrook's election.No doubt a few small-minded clubs thought ONLY what might be best for them and not the League:the very same clubs who came up with the ludicrous idea of regionalisation within the ECPL.I suggest these clubs go ply their trade in the Duchy League:but there again it seems the D.L. also involves a lot of travel into Devon.

That said,I feel Millbrook will be an asset to the ECPL.

Some people love the conspiracy theory. Unfortunately they do not understand the rules etc of gaining entry to the ECPL

For a start the Duchy League can only ALLOW teams who finish in the top three to actually put themselves forward for promotion. For Dobwalls to apply was a complete mystery, doesn't anyone from that club know how the system works. Did they contact the CCFA or the Duchy League for advice? Don't forget the rules are quite simple the champions of the Duchy League can be promoted automatically each season as well as a second club provided they finish in the top three. This year the Duchy League gave permission for a second club to take a promotion place. Hence St Dennis was that team. St Teath unfortunately missed out. Again what prompted Dobwalls to apply is anyone’s guess.

The ECPL committee are always accused of being biased and meatloaf and rawa's views are so far off the mark as being lauaghable. What everyone should understand is that the ECPL has no control over who enters the league if the CCFA set the rules. Take the Camelford situation. It was not the ECPL's decision to object to Camelfords acceptance the decision was down to the CCFA for allowing them to do it in the first place. Once they gave that decision then others can follow.

We now go on to the second part of the process. As St Teath and Dobwalls were now out of the equation it was down to who were going to be voted in between team less Millbrook and Marjons to contest the final spot. It was obvious that the Cornish clubs were going to close ranks and vote for Millbrook and not Marjons. This unbelievable argument that Marjons being a Devon club shouldn't be allowed into a league that draws its members from both sides of the Tamar is the more worrying aspect. And because the CCFA had set the precedence over Camelford' acceptance then the ECPL had no option but to allow Millbrook to go into a vote alongside Marjons. The result was inevitable.

So if you are going to condemn anyone then try the CCFA. They set the rules, NOT the ECPL. The CCFA MUST pass the ECPL's rules so it is they and not the ECPL who have the final say.

And as for the ECPL going downhill over the last few years that does not even warrant a reply it is so far off the mark. The league is going through a period of expansion and is doing a pretty good job of it and is now well respected and organised.

At the end of the day if you have a complaint then please contact the CCFA. They administer all leagues affiliated in Cornwall. So this daft notion that the ECPL are somehow coluding to allow in or not is just plain of the wall. I wish sometimes that people will give some thought to their postings and not fire off complete and utter rubbish.

So lets all calm down and accept that what ever has happened has been with the full blessing of the CCFA

Some people love the conspiracy theory. Unfortunately they do not understand the rules etc of gaining entry to the ECPL

For a start the Duchy League can only ALLOW teams who finish in the top three to actually put themselves forward for promotion. For Dobwalls to apply was a complete mystery, doesn't anyone from that club know how the system works. Did they contact the CCFA or the Duchy League for advice? Don't forget the rules are quite simple the champions of the Duchy League can be promoted automatically each season as well as a second club provided they finish in the top three. This year the Duchy League gave permission for a second club to take a promotion place. Hence St Dennis was that team. St Teath unfortunately missed out. Again what prompted Dobwalls to apply is anyone’s guess.

The ECPL committee are always accused of being biased and meatloaf and rawa's views are so far off the mark as being lauaghable. What everyone should understand is that the ECPL has no control over who enters the league if the CCFA set the rules. Take the Camelford situation. It was not the ECPL's decision to object to Camelfords acceptance the decision was down to the CCFA for allowing them to do it in the first place. Once they gave that decision then others can follow.

We now go on to the second part of the process. As St Teath and Dobwalls were now out of the equation it was down to who were going to be voted in between team less Millbrook and Marjons to contest the final spot. It was obvious that the Cornish clubs were going to close ranks and vote for Millbrook and not Marjons. This unbelievable argument that Marjons being a Devon club shouldn't be allowed into a league that draws its members from both sides of the Tamar is the more worrying aspect. And because the CCFA had set the precedence over Camelford' acceptance then the ECPL had no option but to allow Millbrook to go into a vote alongside Marjons. The result was inevitable.

So if you are going to condemn anyone then try the CCFA. They set the rules, NOT the ECPL. The CCFA MUST pass the ECPL's rules so it is they and not the ECPL who have the final say.

And as for the ECPL going downhill over the last few years that does not even warrant a reply it is so far off the mark. The league is going through a period of expansion and is doing a pretty good job of it and is now well respected and organised.

At the end of the day if you have a complaint then please contact the CCFA. They administer all leagues affiliated in Cornwall. So this daft notion that the ECPL are somehow coluding to allow in or not is just plain of the wall. I wish sometimes that people will give some thought to their postings and not fire off complete and utter rubbish.

So lets all calm down and accept that what ever has happened has been with the full blessing of the CCFA

Some good points made there ECPL.

I hope that the member clubs don't live to regret their decision given Millbrook's behaviour in the SWPL this season (they seemed to have annoyed pretty much everybody at some point!) It also seems that they are already baiting their former tenants with comments on their website. We shall see. It was once a lovely club, so maybe it will again soon.

And Adlestrop - I'm sure your prediction won't be far off! ;)

What a total and utter farse, how can milbrook just get entered into the east cornwall league and just totally by pass the duchy league??????????

I thought there was a pyramid system in place! Does this not count? Im just baffled.

Well done to edgcumbe and st dennis as this is deserved. I feel for st teath.

The whole promotion system should be looked at! Joke!!!!!!!

To ECPL

Dobwalls were not looking to get their Duchy side promoted.

They were looking to enter a new team as back up to their SWPL side as per Millbrook have done and Camelford before them.

The club is well aware of the rules regarding promotion from the Duchy league.

I hope that this answers your query.

I agree with many points made and would like to add my personal view. Only two teams were allowed to be promoted from the duchy league (rule already in place0 and therefore the right teams were chosen, Mt edgecumbe and St Dennis totally deserved and will be an asset to the league.

Therefore that leaves Milbrook and Marjons who both do not to deserve to promotion because they do not have a team that has worked its way through the system ( edgecumbe played from duchy league 5). Thus in my opinion only promote two clubs, Mt edgecumbe and st dennis.

Only my personal opinion!

ECPL, firstly, you do a good job on here and this isn't a direct criticism. Your info is invaluable here and what was written isn't meant to attack yourself. Apologies if it did.....

The main point, everyone and their dog knew that Dobwalls and St.Teath were applying, so why not tell them in advance? It just seems crazy that they weren't made aware before the other night. The CCFA have made a terrible rod for their own backs with previous applications, and now Millbrook. Unbelievable.

When i said previously ,i would make my feelings known to the right people i meant the ccfa.I dont see how a team can be promoted to senior football and thats what this league is,when they dont actually have any league standing or status to support that promotion.As for the travelling issue ,well i cant see one really,as you progress you will go further afield .How many duchy sides where promoted last year 3 i think.Enough said

Not correct,Will: Only 2 were promoted : St. Stephens Borough (as Champions) and St.Dominick(Runners-up)-and this was only because Godolphin were accepted into the SW.League.

If and when you make your feelings known to the CCFA, they will advise you(as per pyramid regulations) ONLY teams finishing in the top 3 of Duchy Premier would be considered.St.Teath were absolutely correct in making application,because then they were in with a shout of winning it.

I understand any number of D.L.teams can apply just in case they are in the mix.

Make sure you win the League next year;and there will be NO arguments.

No offence taken rawa. And Gooner I did not make a query. As far as Dobwalls is concerned they have done a fantastic job to get where they are and with their facilities beginning to take shape with the new covered stand now in place everything looks good. What I don't understand is that someone at Dobwalls doesn't seem to understand what you have to do to get into the ECPL. The club has a team in Duchy One which finished bottom and yet you say - no it is not that team we want to go into the ECPL but a team which at present does not exist. Hand on heart chaps did you honestly think that the CCFA was ever going to wear that one. We all know what the CCFA did in setting a precedence with Camelford was wrong. Unfortunately once the CCFA debarred clubs from making any attempts to change rules etc because it was now a closed shop does cause the ECPL problems. And lets not mess about here. In any other season Millbrook would have been relegated to the ECPL as bottom of the SWPL (W) but for league expansion And yet a team that does not exist is voted in. What if Millbrook finish bottom again next season - will their second team be removed from the ECPL. makes for an interesting discussion

The decision has now been made and will be ratified at the AGM on I think the 16th June at St Blazey FC

Not correct,Will: Only 2 were promoted : St. Stephens Borough (as Champions) and St.Dominick(Runners-up)-and this was only because Godolphin were accepted into the SW.League.

If and when you make your feelings known to the CCFA, they will advise you(as per pyramid regulations) ONLY teams finishing in the top 3 of Duchy Premier would be considered.St.Teath were absolutely correct in making application,because then they were in with a shout of winning it.

I understand any number of D.L.teams can apply just in case they are in the mix.

Make sure you win the League next year;and there will be NO arguments.

my mistake Adlestrop ,thought St newlyn Est had got in somewhere.As i said before and as ecpl has suggested cant understand why a team that does not exsisit got voted in,surely it would have more sense to leave the league short ,i am pretty sure that would have been better recieved by most clubs.Anyway ,i have had a long chat with most of last years squad and we are all happy to give it our best shot,but once again i can see alot of teams pushing hard for the title,Torpoint,gunni,looe town and possisbly Saltash.Football men always sem to deal with the dissapointmants and carry on ,good luk to the ecpl and now i am part of the duchy management committee looking forward to help them to continued succsesss.