Cornwall Football Forum

Know a Good Physio?

I am looking for a physio that can help to sort out an ongoing, niggling injury. Does anyone know of any reasonably priced physio's in the West Cornwall area please?

I have heard that there are some practitioners still completing their training and charging very little. This would be a prefered option as I am currently renovating a house that is using up most of my cash.

Please feel free to contact me via PM or through the topic thread.

Cheers,

Dave Price

:SM_carton: i wouldnt go with the NHS, i went there when i had torn a ligament in my knee and apparently nothing was wrong and got told to leave without even a scan, went to my local physio he scanned it and i had torn my medial meniscus ligament!

Nothing wrong with the NHS, if anything is better as is free and more throughly regulated. If you do go private be careful as some (and by some i mean a very very small minority) are not regulated as the term physiotherapist is not a protected title, so in theory anyone can call themselves a 'physio'. Ensure physio is CSP accredited (i.e has MCSP after their name).

:SM_carton: i wouldnt go with the NHS, i went there when i had torn a ligament in my knee and apparently nothing was wrong and got told to leave without even a scan, went to my local physio he scanned it and i had torn my medial meniscus ligament!

had no probs with my N.H.S physio,did a great job,and they dont keep asking you back for more money,for them,dont tar every one with the same brush :blink:

Also there is no such thing as a 'medial meniscus ligament'. You have a medial meniscus and a medial collateral ligament.

Good to see some support for NHS Physio out there :thumbsup: .

Like quiksilver says there are less qualified people out there. Look for a Chartered Physiotherapist. They will have undergone a 3 year degree course in Physiotherapy.

Fatso - Camborne/Redruth now run a self-referral system. Phone em up or pop in to give a few brief details and book an assessment if appropriate.