Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath says Farewell

Guest bunditheboss

Guest bunditheboss

Portreath would like to announce that after 5 years as manager of the first team Roger snowden has stepped down, he announced his decision at a committee last week and also told the players after thursdays game against Culdrose.

Roger came in at a time when the club was at a stale time not really pushing forward at a great rate, since being at the club roger has helped the club along with all the players and background people to push the club into senior football and last year being undefeated on the way to winning the Junior cup!!!!!

All at the club would like to wish roger all the best at St.Day and know what a great lose he will be not just as a manager but as a great guy to be around, our loss is definately St.Days major gain, i know it was a hard decision for roger to leave the club but he is a ST.DAY boy through and through, i know with roger being at st.day next year will be a force not to be messed with.

Portreath are now looking to the future with some major decisions to be made in the next few weeks, i will keep you informed of all developments but i know one thing this club is not finished with the combo league yet!!!!!

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT< THE FUTURE IS PORTREATH GULLS!!!!!!!

Guest bunditheboss

the club are looking at options at moment mate thats all i can say til committee make a decision, i will hopefully hang up boots and take up golf or something, hows things up there?

I would just like to add that Roger was inspirational in taking Portreath to the junior cup final and league and cup winners and for a team to go through a season without losing a league game just showed what kind of manager he was picking the right team on the right day to do a job. I will always remember roger fondly in giving me and my bros a winners medal in the junior cup thi biggest trophy any junior side could win and proved you to be the best junior team in Cornwall.

Thanks Roger and not forgetting his team on the sidelines vicky and cads

i wish you all the best at St Day Roger

Dazza