Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United 2nd Team vacancy - any takers??

Guest GOOSE ON

Guest GOOSE ON

Anyone got any news or gossip on this topic??

Saltash have put an advert in the paper which I guess puts an end to the speculation that the "Pethick's" of St Dominick were being lined up as replacements.

The club obviously feel they need to look further afield and maybe pull in someone more qualified!!!!

Anyone got any news or views on the matter - heard who's applied or shown an interest??

Guest tafc.-gaffa

So you didnt show any interest in the saltash 2nd team job at all tafc-gaffa??

If i had i dont see what business it is to anyone but me. Im happy where i am at the moment.

Guest GOOSE ON

Got told today from the horses mouth that the decision will be made tomorrow night at their Committee meeting!!!!

They have interviewed a number of candidates and apparently have a short-list of 2 for consideration tomorrow night.............

I guess they will announce their decision Weds or Thurs............the World of Football waits!!!

Be the "Pethick's" if 1st team management have anything to do with it!!!!

Guest GOOSE ON

Well done Chris and Brian if it is true.

Best of luck next season.....it's going to be tough.

Hope your new club don't expect to much to soon!!!!

But hope it all goes well. :thumbsup:

Guest Flintstone

Nothing changes Julian, yesterday he told St Dominick that he had been

offered the job but had not made his mind up because he didn't think his

team was good enough, then within a short time he was texting the players with 'the news' ! Probably gets it from his Dad 'honest Brian'!!

Guest Flintstone

quote name='biscuitwrists' date='Jun 11 2009, 03:14 PM' post='104377']

to be fair to chris..............cow field or kimberley stadium!!!!!! its a no brainer for me lads

[/quote

Cow shit on the field or Bullshit in the club house!! what a delema!!

As a neutral looking in, sounds like there is a lot of bitterness out there! From what i have experienced with the pethicks over the years there decent guys, obviously trying to better themselves. Who can blame them for jumping ship and taking players with them when it happens at every level, whilst does it matter who it trains there teams as long as they can attract quality players along with winning games. Let's not forget Brian when he was at the club years ago he won every trophy going, im sure chris will do a decent job, best of luck is what i say and give the lads a chance as they are capable of competing at this level!!!

Guest st george9

who did what> Do you honestly think the current team will be able to compete in ECPL??!!

you dont even know the players that are there..you sound like a guy that may have failed to get in a few east cornwal teams :lol:

who did what> Do you honestly think the current team will be able to compete in ECPL??!!

you dont even know the players that are there..you sound like a guy that may have failed to get in a few east cornwal teams :lol:

Sorry mate i will think you'll find i have played and do play a lot higher level than that. And i have seen for myself the players they have.....and will be laughing at the end of the season when they get relegated!!!! :D