Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Div 2 Fixture - Sat 30th May

A good spirited match that saw me and Col come off the bench for cameo appearances.

Managed an assist from midfield for the fourth but then missed a decent header after a delightful dead ball in from Mr Newsham from the right! (never hear the end of it).

Col managed an assist but at the wrong end!

A really friendly bunch of lads down at Marazion, who I feel will not be in Division 3 for long. All the best for next season gents and good luck with the restructuring of the club!

Diary of a Ground Hopper

Marazion 1-4 RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Crowd - 12

Well done to both teams who kept the game flowing even in the hot weather. All credit to the ref who a couple of times allowed a short break and mass stampede to the water bottles.

The Culdrose centre backs were much too strong for the youngsters Marazion had up front.

I didn't know any players names.

0-1 12mins. Long kick from the keeper, picked up by Culdrose on their left. They run with it, around defender into the box, good cross goal shot into net.

0-2 26mins. Free kick, left of centre. Ball chipped in. Player runs on and heads it past keeper.

34mins before Marazion get close to goal. A high long range shot goes over the bar.

Culdrose break left, a cross goal shot is cleared off the line.

36mins a penalty for Culdrose. Don't know what for as I was down other end of ground. Player steps up and shoots to the keepers right. Keeper dives and makes a good save to punch ball away.

H-T

0-3 47mins. Culdrose break left. Cross pitch ball to back of box. Cross goal shot.

57mins. Culdrose corner on left. Ball over, header in, keeper beaten but headed off line.

62mins Culdrose swap keeper for outfield player.

0-4 79mins. Culdrose clear from the back. Player runs onto it, 1-on-1 with keeper. Low shot from 12yds.

Now I missed the Marazion goal. I was actually writing "Both teams still passing but Marazion limited to long range shots" at the time and heard a cheer. Looking up the ball is in the net but I don't know how. OOPS

1-4 81mins

F-T

Diary of a Ground Hopper

Marazion 1-4 RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Crowd - 12

Well done to both teams who kept the game flowing even in the hot weather. All credit to the ref who a couple of times allowed a short break and mass stampede to the water bottles.

I was at this game as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. Were you the guy in the red car by the corner?

The Marazion goal was a long-range effort from one of their subs, a young lad who looked quite promising.

I would also like to add my congratulations to the ref, who did an absolutely excellent job, and also to the two teams who made his job easier.

--

Richard