Cornwall Football Forum

Red Scum Annihilated: Britain Celebrates !

Not only did Barcelona win the popularity poll of Cornish Soccer 11-10, they destroyed Man Ure with a good deal to spare. 2-0 ? Could have been six. Unlike Chelsea, who conceded to Iniesta only after 189 minutes and were cheated out of four penalties, Anderson and Vidic flapped around like beached flounders to allow Eto'o to prod in after 10 minutes. Purple Nose was tactically up the spout, playing wingers as strikers, strikers as wingers and O'Shea was wearing clogs as usual. As for the Evertonian lunatic, obviously getting the ball would have broken the terms of his ASBO. Can't remember who else was playing: was it Hargreaves in midfield ? Purple Nose looked like the ailing alcoholic pensioner he is at the end. Berbatov....well, I know I'm not a big Spurs fan but some good business was done in that sale. Sulky Cristiano showed what a big girl's blouse he is by cannoning into Puyol three times for no reason, breaking up the rare attacking momentum his team managed. Scholes should have walked for another characteristic Mining Division Three tackle. Good old Andy Gray decided the night before that the gap between Sulkaldo and Messi was that The Flea can't head the ball......

The Man Ure even had the luxury of the post on their side just like last year against Chelsea, the only thing that stopped my 3-0 score prediction from being correct. I haven't laughed so much since Denis Law's backheel at the Stretford End.

Suck on that, Purple Nose !! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup::clapper::c::D :drink:

Not only did Barcelona win the popularity poll of Cornish Soccer 11-10, they destroyed Man Ure with a good deal to spare. 2-0 ? Could have been six. Unlike Chelsea, who conceded to Iniesta only after 189 minutes and were cheated out of four penalties, Anderson and Vidic flapped around like beached flounders to allow Eto'o to prod in after 10 minutes. Purple Nose was tactically up the spout, playing wingers as strikers, strikers as wingers and O'Shea was wearing clogs as usual. As for the Evertonian lunatic, obviously getting the ball would have broken the terms of his ASBO. Can't remember who else was playing: was it Hargreaves in midfield ? Purple Nose looked like the ailing alcoholic pensioner he is at the end. Berbatov....well, I know I'm not a big Spurs fan but some good business was done in that sale. Sulky Cristiano showed what a big girl's blouse he is by cannoning into Puyol three times for no reason, breaking up the rare attacking momentum his team managed. Scholes should have walked for another characteristic Mining Division Three tackle. Good old Andy Gray decided the night before that the gap between Sulkaldo and Messi was that The Flea can't head the ball......

The Man Ure even had the luxury of the post on their side just like last year against Chelsea, the only thing that stopped my 3-0 score prediction from being correct. I haven't laughed so much since Denis Law's backheel at the Stretford End.

Suck on that, Purple Nose !! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup::clapper::c::D:drink:

Well Rod you are such a **** !! have you ever played the game ? You slag off when you can, why? You are a first class *****!!

Firstly even though I am a massive Chelsea fan who will be attending the FA Cup Final on Saturday, I was willing United on last night as an Englishman.

Although I may not agree with the context it was written Kempy, I have to say that I agree with alot of the points made by Isaac Rosenborg.

Personally I thought Guss Hiddink got his tactics spot on not just for 1 match but over 2 matches against Barca, even if the result wasnt!! Whereas I really thought Fergie got everything wrong on the night last night, particulary once going behind. Unusual for him also.

I also believe that the last 3 Champs League Final victories for Man Utd havent produced their most finest performances either, and last night their luck just ran out for them and they got what they deserved im afraid.

Ronaldo one man show, Rooney out of position, Ferdidnand only half fit, both full backs exposed as a result of these reasons and the balance all wrong in midfield against the best pass and move midfield in the world I have ever seen. Giggs player of the year?? Do me a favour! A special award for services to the game and to United I agree, but surely last nights stage proved that was a decision made on sentiment. Only my opinion.

Being a man u fan our final consisted of 9 minutes at which point we were superb and barca werent in it however once they scored ive never known a man u team disintegrate at the rate we did it was painful to watch because were simply outclassed in all positions albeit also allowing ourselves to be,as it seemed. Needless to say my point for having a say was for rodney, i have to be honest rodney all what u put on here is sometimes laughable sometimes serious sometimes downright out of order, but the only thing ive ever thought is how you are always so wrong. I have never sat at this computer and thought YES rodney your right its always been NO or perhaps a lot worse.Perhaps a day trip for you and mum would be good HELLS MOUTH is nice this time of year who knows mum might put her foot up ur ass and do us all a favour :angry:

utd outclassed all over the field especially by the two best midfielders in the world they gave utd a lesson in how to play this beautiful game. I felt sorry for fergie as i thought he got the selection right but the players let him down big time and utd missed fletcher more than barca missed there players well done to barca i enjoyed watching a master class from them and as a liverpool fan glad to see utd still too behind in champs victories... sorry!!

I think It must be the first time I have to be critical of Fergies selections and team tactics. I have no idea why he picked Giggs and Anderson in the midfield, and poor old Rooney stuck out on the right wing nearly all the match wasted his talents. If United had scored in the opening 10 minutes who knows what would have happened. To many players had an off day. Still, I suppose they have to lose sometimes and Barcelona were gifted the midfield which was a big, big mistake. After 66 games this season it seemed a game to far. Well done Barcelona they deserved it. And well done Fergie for acknowledging that fact.

Unfortunately using the word scum in the heading shows how infantile some people can be.

Guest Jezza

never mind Isaac we still have three European Cups/Champ League Trophies in the Museam at Old Trafford if you want to come and have a look or I believe Liverpool have five at Anfield, being a Chelsea Supporter it's as close as you'll get to one :thumbsup:

Kempy,you were well and truly beaten by a Barca team with key players missing.

Take it on the the chin ,mate,you cant win them all.

I agree after they scored they outplayed us ! it's just his stupid comments ( from someone who has never played the game) that does my head in!! It's only a game i know but why does he behave like a village idiot! :c:

Guest Luffy

What a disappointing final? After the hype the game did not quite live up to its billing. United did not turn up on the night, and apart from a couple of moments and their goals Barca passed the ball around but did little else.

It is a shame that fergie did not quite get it right regarding personnel, especially as their most talented and creative player was stuck out on the wing and unable to influence the game. The only real winners from the night were UEFA as an English club did not win the trophy.

I am sure that next year will be similar with English teams dominating the later stages of the competition, and the foreign legion at UEFA hoping one of the other teams will break the hold that English clubs have in Europe. It is a shame that they can not admire the league that we have in this country without looking at it through tinted jealous glasses, I really do think without the English clubs the competition would not be as exciting, as the rest of the world watch the premiership week in and week out, and therefore support our teams in European competition.

I know that Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal will be in the mix next season and hopefully they will all make the semi finals then Uefa have no choice but to enjoy the best league in the world.

No playing the game is how united did it against arsena, fast breaking, going for goal and being more direct creating space to minipulate which barcelona didnt take advantage of, barcelonas over the top intrecit little passes overplaying the ball rather than being more direct when they had chances to made the game boring, as a united fan i could see time and time again that if theyd played the ball more direct on plenty of occassions they'd have had more shots on goal and the score line would have been greater.

Barca retained possession throughout and showed just how high their technical skills were. Every single Barca player was totally comfortable on the ball. The same can't be said for Man Utd I'm afraid. Exactly the same thing happened when England played Spain recently and the scoreline was exactly the same. This should tell us something!

Guest Luffy

I wouldn't say it was diappointing. I thought Barca showed exactly how the game should be played.

I am not saying Barca did not pass the ball around nicely but they did not have too many clear cut openings, a little like arsenal, looking to score the perfect goal. I have seen Barca play alot better in their league. The two goals they scored were more down to poor defending than free, flowing, cutting edge football. I like to see football played to feet, but it also has to have a cutting edge and sometimes that means mixing it up.

your spot on there, but the pressure that united have put on teams all season, the hard work and closing down of players wasnt there, the midfield didnt get back and at times barca had iniesta eto and messi against our back four. i feel that if they had worked harder and closed down they would have made it very hard for barcelona indeed and it would have been a more even game, you cant deny that. however, i am a firm believer of no IFS OR BUTS and at the end of the day the best team on the night won, not defintaely the best team out there but definately the best on the night.

Barca played a high-tempo game and pressured the midfield area I would say they pressured Man Utd into making mistakes but they didn't have to try very hard. If it was a "boring" final for some then it was because how badly Man Utd played. I always remember Johann Cruyff's commment. It went something like this: "I always enjoyed playing against English teams. If you made a mistake and gave them the ball they always gave it you straight back. They still do." Judging by last nights game then this is still the same.

I agree after they scored they outplayed us ! it's just his stupid comments ( from someone who has never played the game) that does my head in!! It's only a game i know but why does he behave like a village idiot! :c:

I agree about the stupid comments bit but one small problem here (See my next post) :clapper:

I wouldn't say it was diappointing. I thought Barca showed exactly how the game should be played.

A bit like the semi with Arsenal

Is that not a stupid comment then ??????????????????????????????

I agree about the stupid comments bit but one small problem here (See my next post) :clapper:

I only quoted on that post before i scrolled further down and saw it!! sometimes we jump before we leap!

I only quoted on that post before i scrolled further down and saw it!! sometimes we jump before we leap!

Kempy me old china thats exactly what i thought fella, Im just having a bubble with you chap :D

All the best mate :thumbsup:

Kempy me old china thats exactly what i thought fella, Im just having a bubble with you chap :D

All the best mate :thumbsup:

Bloody hell a West Ham guy!! just like me dad!! funny really as he never mentions football when we win but today it was did you see the game last night!! Yes i did and we were well beaten end of i said! don't want a debate really as if we won he would have said nothing !! :c:

I know people will argue that Utd should be supported by anyone English but when you have a moron Utd supporter on Sky Sports the morning of the game mouthing off about how Utd are finally gonna put Bob Paisley to rest for good by Fergie equaling his European record and then beating it next year I have to admit as a Liverpool supporter it gave me a great deal of satisfaction knowing that Bob will STILL be sleeping happily in his grave after watching a very poor Utd display with Barca thoroughly deserving their win.

To be honest even as a Liverpool fan i have nothing against the football Utd play which at times is out of this world but it is moronic supporters like the idiot mentioned above that make Utd the most hated team in the land not jealousy.

Actually, Kempy, yes, I did play the game, but not very well....something else we've gpt in common ! I left Cornwall at 18 and stayed away till mid-thirties. However, this village idiot did grace the Nuneaton Sunday League for a while.....

Dave Fisher can tell you about his save from my piledriver at the more precipitous end of the King George Fifth Playing Fields when down from Oxford in 1978......

I can understand all this passion if it was for Perranwell, but have you actually ever been to Old Trafford ? This village idiot has been to every Premiership ground and several in Europe......

You're obviously wound up because a team owned by the people with links to worthy causes has dumped on its resplendent redscumencrusted backside the American-owned corporate-nightmare capitalist-dream and its teacup-chucking Orange-proddy Gorbals psycho of a figurehead, a result which a clear majority on this website, despite their British origins, indicated they would prefer. For once, democracy triumphs and all the sad little numpties who back United rather than their local clubs because they think might and money are better than identity and culture are reduced to blarting about the past.

I'm delighted that Liverpool's record holds good as well. I may not support them, but the old Liverpool had soul: the humour of Grobelaar, the charisma of Dalglish, the buzz of Keegan, the honest humanity of Hughes. Unlike your metronome mercenaries.

Did Barcelona rob you as UEFA and Ovrebo did Chelsea ? No. You were poleaxed. Take the medicine.

Kempy, I am enjoying seeing Ferguson sucking on that. And when he spits the dummy, I suggest you pick it up and have a go too. Carry on like this and Rachel will clip you round the ear !

Off to visit Hell's Mouth with Mother now ! :D

Guest Man on the Post

It's only a game i know but why does he behave like a village idiot!

Kempy, Rodney may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot! :D

Actually, Kempy, yes, I did play the game, but not very well....something else we've gpt in common ! I left Cornwall at 18 and stayed away till mid-thirties. However, this village idiot did grace the Nuneaton Sunday League for a while.....

Dave Fisher can tell you about his save from my piledriver at the more precipitous end of the King George Fifth Playing Fields when down from Oxford in 1978......

I can understand all this passion if it was for Perranwell, but have you actually ever been to Old Trafford ? This village idiot has been to every Premiership ground and several in Europe......

You're obviously wound up because a team owned by the people with links to worthy causes has dumped on its resplendent redscumencrusted backside the American-owned corporate-nightmare capitalist-dream and its teacup-chucking Orange-proddy Gorbals psycho of a figurehead, a result which a clear majority on this website, despite their British origins, indicated they would prefer. For once, democracy triumphs and all the sad little numpties who back United rather than their local clubs because they think might and money are better than identity and culture are reduced to blarting about the past.

I'm delighted that Liverpool's record holds good as well. I may not support them, but the old Liverpool had soul: the humour of Grobelaar, the charisma of Dalglish, the buzz of Keegan, the honest humanity of Hughes. Unlike your metronome mercenaries.

Did Barcelona rob you as UEFA and Ovrebo did Chelsea ? No. You were poleaxed. Take the medicine.

Kempy, I am enjoying seeing Ferguson sucking on that. And when he spits the dummy, I suggest you pick it up and have a go too. Carry on like this and Rachel will clip you round the ear !

Off to visit Hell's Mouth with Mother now ! :D

Yes you do write a good post you are a clever guy but you still say stuff that i would love to give you a slap :yahoo: Have a good summer :c: