Cornwall Football Forum

New Manager for Falmouth Town AFC 2nd Team

I am delighted to announce on behalf of Falmouth Town AFC that we have appointed Paul Murray as the new Manager of our 2nd team with immediate effect and Stuart Wilkes as his assistant for the coming season 2009/10. Paul will be bringing in his own backroom team in the next few weeks and has full support from Alan Carey, our 1st Team Manager with whom he will be working closely.

We would also like to thank Bryn Wheeler for all his efforts this season.

We wish Paul and Stuart every success in their new positions at Falmouth Town for next season!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

At this very moment I am speaking with Stuart Wilkes who states that these reports are not correct.

Unfortunately, as with many other rumours at this time of year which are 'chucked' about and even when the current football season has not yet ended it gently reminds us that the new season is not far away.

The reason why Stuart is on the phone? He wanted to confirm that he will be returning to Mawnan AFC.

All the best and good luck Paul.

Guest WINNO

Good Luck to Paul really nice bloke. BIG BIG LOSS TO WENDRON. Could prove very costly on the player front.............. :P:smiley20::drink: :thumbsup:

Paul Murray made 5 first team appearances for Falmouth Town in season 1989-90

His only goal I fondly remember was the extra time F.A.Vase winner v Newbury Town at Bickland after Mark Rapsey had equalised in the second half.

Stuart Wilkes first team record stretches between 1984 to 2003 making 55 appearances and scoring 3 goals.

His debut was against the now defunct Bugle F.C.

Good luck to both in the new Alan Carey era.

remember that one Mike!!! was it really that long ago!!! hell of a tough game! they spent about £ 10,000 on a striker that season,cant remember his name? remember rounding the keeper bout 75th minute? even george gave me a kiss after that goal! trev chucked paul in and he scored a cracking diving header to win it in extra time. smashing bloke and under rated player i thought.like to wish him all the very best at bickland,sure he,ll do a great job. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike,got to wait a month or so now cos ive fractured the cheekbone as well mate! the nose got a bigger bend than a roberto carlos free kick! thinking of keeping it for halloween!!! funny mike,can virtually remember all the town goals but these days i cant even remember the ones the week before!!! dont know if it's old age or just the great times we had mate!!! :D