Cornwall Football Forum

RED HERRINGS

RED HERRINGS

I have heard plenty of complaints about the travelling ECPL clubs have to do and why not regionalise. When clubs start moaning the fact of extra travelling just look at the Duchy League. I had a look at Duchy League 5. How far west do you want to go Perranporth, St Mawgen and Mevagissey having to travel to Callington amd up to Bridgerule (which is in Devon), North Petherwin and Southgate. What about Stratton in Division four. What about St Newlyn East and St Columb Major having to travel to Bere Alston and Gunnislake. Probus are awlays complaining about travelling. Do their reserves complain about playing at Week St Mary or Gunnislake. What about Cubert/Hollywell Bay and Godolphin traveling to Saltash, St Dominick and Maker with Rame in Division One. And St Dennis and St Mawgen travelling all the way to Torpoint, Edgcumbe, Gunnislake and Launceston in the Premier Division.

If this point is raised at the ECPL AGM because clubs want regionalisation it should be given short shrift and clubs told to stop whinging when they don't even have an argument. The enjoyment I always got from playing football was going to the away games no matter where they were.

If anyone should be comlaining about traveling it should be those from the dutchy league who travel alot further than clubs in the ecpl, but i do understand some complaints as since the start of the dutchy league teams from outside of the county have been allowed to join the league which may seem fine to the teams closer to the boarder but is a long distance for teams further west! who will ask the question why are teams from devon being allowed into the league? and if they are then why shouldnt they regionalise the leagues when there are clearly enough teams to do it! but that is a case for teams in the dutchy not the ecpl!