Cornwall Football Forum

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please. Only 2 more league games after today, then I will complete the Prediction League.

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 23rd May

PERRANWELL (Jake Harvey 4, Mike Brewer, Scott Kinge, Steve Allen) 7-0 ST AGNES

Att - 78

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (Alan Rodgers 2, Ed Timmons, Justin Searle) 4-1 ST IVES TOWN (Darren Steadman)

Att - 31

Supplementary Cup Final

Sunday 24th May

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES (Bryn Wheeler 3, Bobby Bryant) 4-0 PORTREATH

Att - 95

Personally I'm off to Wendron to see if:

i) Wendron keep their first clean sheet of the season

ii) Darren Steadman becomes top scorer in the league this season, not forgetting Tom Benny playing for St Agnes away at Perranwell today

iii) The crowd might get into double figures

iv) St Ives can overhaul St Just in the league

v) For once it isn't blowing a gale at Underlane.

:P

you see its people like you Patch that put up absolute rubbish without knowing any facts that all the gossip and arguments start on this site mate lol, Justin has already served part of his ban which has now finished and then the remainder of his ban starts again at the beginning of next season, hence why he hasnt been playing for our first team while banned and now available has come back into the combo team for the last 2 games while he is elligable

was only takin the piss mate lol, the ccfa have funny ways of running the suspenions! like me last year, my ban started in may and ran through june lol!! i was delighted bein that the season isnt on in june! dont know how they came to that decision but thats the FA for u!

Guest Sam Boston

Personally I'm off to Wendron to see if:

i) Wendron keep their first clean sheet of the season

ii) Darren Steadman becomes top scorer in the league this season, not forgetting Tom Benny playing for St Agnes away at Perranwell today

iii) The crowd might get into double figures

iv) St Ives can overhaul St Just in the league

v) For once it isn't blowing a gale at Underlane.

:P

What was the answer to (v) CTB - the suspense is kliling me!!

In answer to Sam

i) No Wendron didn't keep a clean sheet. So in all 41 games league and cup games played they have conceded in every game.

ii) Darren Steadman finished one short of Andy Cowper in the League goal scoring chart. He scored 32 plus 3 in cups to make 35 whilst Andy Cowper has scored 33 with Tom Benny third with 30.

iii) The crowd was a surprising 31 the highest combo crowd I've seen at Underlane.

iv) St Ives by losing didn't overhaul St Just

v) Wendron had their one day of summer yesterday. I know people won't believe me because they weren't there but there were people in t shirts!! Yes t shirts. I didn't think Wendron people had them in their wardrobe, just so'westers, macintoshes, wind cheaters, thick jumpers and wellies. It was warm, sunny and with no wind to speak of.

The game

18mins 0-1. A poor goal kick by Jamie Grey, playing in the Wendron goal for the first time in months, is picked up by St Ives just outside the box. A square ball to Darren Steadman who runs down the right into the box and places a high cross goal shot into the net.

St Ives on top by now and dominating but Wendron quickly get back on level terms.

21mins 1-1. Wendron work left, cross goal shot from 20yds out that the keeper can only parry into the path of Alan Rodgers who taps in from 2yds.

The game opens up a bit after this with St Ives dangerous on the break and Wendron defending desperately at times. Half time comes and goes and gradually Wendron start to get on top scoring 3 goals in the last 10minutes of play.

80mins 2-1. Wendron break through the middle with Alan Rodgers who lets fly with a rising cross goal shot.

83mins 3-1. Brilliant free kick on the left, 25yds out by Ed Timmons. Over the wall, high to the left past the diving keeper

88mins 4-1. Long goal kick to the right to Justin Searle. Runs 30yds with it into the right hand side of the box, cross goal shot into net.

Totally unexpected result but deserved in the end.