Cornwall Football Forum

Fhfl results 21-5-09

Div 1: Fal Ath 4 Stithians 3

Donut gets a win in first attempt as manager!

Another entertaining game for the fans at Dracaena Theatre of Dreams.

Fal go one up, Stithians equalise with a cracker.

Fal go 4-1 up then Stithians get 2 back in the last 10 minutes.

Kev 'Ronaldo Super Sub' Toy nearly nets another but rattled the crossbar.

Goalie Steve Shepherd wowed with his keeping talents.

Jeffers and Donut frequently in stitches. Every ball 'Daves Ball!'

Can new manager Joe Perrin outdo Lee Jefferies and Donut's wins on Saturday?

With Port V Constantine drawing last night does this mean Troon have already been promoted into Fal Hel 1. I believe this is the case if i have calculations correct,appreciate if someone could clarify this?

Troon V Culdrose tomorrrow, but not sure if this has now become a dead rubber.

Is the West Briton correct?

No, they are running a bit behind with all the mid week results happening! Port have finished all their games now and will end up in 5th place. Congrats and good luck to Constantine, Troon and Camborne Park for next season.

After 28 games 42 hours of football last night Rangers hunt for div 1 football came to an end just one goal short. Drawing 3 - 3 with Constantine saw them finish 2 pts behind Camborne Park.

Going into last nights things were as tight as they could be. Despite previous posts and league tables the difference between Park and Rangers was just one goal, with both sides having conceded the same amount. So any win for Rangers other than one nil would have been enough.

Tine took the lead early on and Rangers came back not long after. Both sides tried to play football on the big boys pitch at Gala Park. The half saw the teams go in level and I may have seen it through rose tinted glasses but thought Rangers had more of the game.

Second half Tine came out of the traps much quicker and played much better football. Moving into the lead again. Rangers still refused to give up and again came back to level things up. All this giving poor Stu Hull (Park) kittens on the side line. When Tine took the lead for a third time it looked all over but with just extra's to go Rangers again pulled level. The clock however ran out and Stu breathed his sigh of relief.

We at Rangers would like to thank all those teams we have played this season for making it such a good one and wish you all the best for next year.

To Constantine thanks for a great game last night and all the best in Div 1, you were the best side in 2 and deserved to be Champions. :clapper:

Troon and Park we wish you all the best in Div 1 its been a pleasure and nice to see at least 2 sides that came up last year moving on well played. :thumbsup:

Its been a up and down season for Troon 2nds, we were flying at the start of the season and after xmas lost a few key players which hurt our team. I broke my metatarsal just before the cup qtrs and semis which put me out so was horrible watching from the sidelines as our team were grinding out results. Its gr8 that we fought hard and got promotion in the end despite our setbacks. We need to look to next season and build our team up again to challenge in Fal 1. We will need about 7-8 good players to be able to challenge next year. Well done to the other teams that are going up also. Been a good season and look forward to next. Celebration time!!! :)

Cheers