Cornwall Football Forum

Gareth Barry

There is a report in the media saying that Redknapp is ready to splash out to bring him to Spurs for next season. And there's me thinking he had ambitions of playing in the Champions League! :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ry-1687706.html?

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing him play at the Emirates. He's just the type of experienced player we need.

There is a report in the media saying that Redknapp is ready to splash out to bring him to Spurs for next season. And there's me thinking he had ambitions of playing in the Champions League! :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ry-1687706.html?

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing him play at the Emirates. He's just the type of experienced player we need.

Oh dear my Gooner supporting friend, you're in the shit now :unsure: . You've gone and started another topic that's related to Spurs, A One And A Six is going to commit suicide if he has to endure anymore of that kind of thing :rolleyes: ....

Dont be silly! Barrys a quality player and id love to see him at the Emirates, im sure most other people would like to see him at their team aswell but i think Wenger needs to sign a quality centre-half first and foremost!

He would do well at Spurs but i doubt he would leave Villa for a team not in the Champions League, i think we could see a return of the Liverpool-Barry saga over the summer?

:c:

PS you going to the Wembley Cup? I'm off to the Barca game

It's getting more and more difficult to make any sort of plans recently mate. It's just impossible to say when I'll be away or at home. Take the weekend thats just gone as an example, on Sunday I was moving a lady and her belongings from Penzance to Newlyn and then at 4am on Monday morning I was on my way to London to drop a few deliveries off before heading to Surrey and then back home again. I'm off to Exeter at the start of June and either just before that or just after it I'm off to Leeds..

Let's just say I'm going to keep my fingers crossed but wont hold my breath. As much as I'd love to make it up to watch some of the Wembley Cup, I have to put earning a few pennies for my family before any fun I wish to have for myself :c:

Ah thats fair enough! I really can't see either game selling out to be fair so tickets would probably be available on the gate anyway. Not cheap though, my ticket is £45 in the upper tier, but I do get to sample the delights of Al Ahly v Celtic before our game!

To be honest i've always thought thats been the missing link at Arsenal in the recent trophyless seasons and perhaps could of made all the difference but I'm not complaining!

And there's me thinking that all the "missing links" were the lemur-type creatures at Old Trafford - Tevez for one! :lol::lol: :lol:

Think Barry is a great player and would be a good signing for anyone, however I don't see the logic in him coming to Spurs, it would be a sideways step, moving from one side trying to break the stranglehold of the 'Big 4' to another.

I would imagine the most likely destination would be Liverpool or Arsenal, with Xabi Alonso (can't believe Liverpool are even considering letting him go, he's been quality this season) future also being intregal to which one he ends up at.