Cornwall Football Forum

WORLD CUP SQUAD

Ok just imagine that you are Fabio Capello a year from now! You've got to announce your England squad for South Africa and luckily, nobody is injured or banned!!! :P Who would you pick in your 23 man squad (remember you've got to take 3 keepers) !!! Just a bit of fun, hears mine!

GK - David JAMES

GK - Robert GREEN

GK - Manuel ALMUNIA (oooh, i can hear the grumbles!!!)

DF - Glenn JOHNSON

DF - Micah RICHARDS

DF - John TERRY ©

DF - Rio FERDINAND

DF - Jonathon WOODGATE

DF - Matthew UPSON

DF - Ashley COLE

DF - Wayne BRIDGE

MF - Theo WALCOTT

MF - David BECKHAM

MF - Steven GERRARD

MF - Gareth BARRY

MF - Frank LAMPARD

MF - Micheal CARRICK

MF - Phil NEVILLE

MF - Ashley YOUNG

MF - Joe COLE

FW - Wayne ROONEY

FW - Peter CROUCH

FW - Gabriel AGBONLAHOR

In a year from now there could be MANY more players on Capello's radar, so this topic is somewhat premature and a bit of a waste of time.

You've chosen a Spanish Goalkeeper, even though there's Joe Hart, Paul Robinson, Ben Foster, Chris Kirkland and Steve Harper to consider :wacko:

Phil Jagielka has been an ever improving player and has been head and shoulders above almost every other defender in the Premiership this season, Yet is not mentioned in your squad :wacko:

David Beckham, Phil Neville and Theo Walcott in the squad but no Aaron Lennon or James Milner :wacko:

Gabriel Agbonlahor in the squad but no Jermain Defoe, Carlton Cole, Dean Ashton or even Kevin Davies :wacko:

Young Michael Kightly from Wolves ill make many people sit up and take notice next season, not to mention Sylvain Ebanks-Blake..

Maybe the moderators of this forum can take this topic and lock it away for 12 months and then ask the same question this time next season?.

Afterall, surely football has not become so boring that we now have to have hypothetical debates?.

Sorry, i thought i put 'just a bit of fun' in my post somewhere? Il give myself a slap on the wrist for daring to start a topic that you find boring Coopsie, its just i get a little bored when everytime i look on the non-cornish section of this forum, virtually every topic is about Spurs.

:c:

Sorry, i thought i put 'just a bit of fun' in my post somewhere? Il give myself a slap on the wrist for daring to start a topic that you find boring Coopsie, its just i get a little bored when everytime i look on the non-cornish section of this forum, virtually every topic is about Spurs.

:c:

Erm, I've looked down the whole first page of the Non Cornish Football Section and there are FIFTY topics and only SIX are about Spurs, 1 of which was started by YOU :o (Ledley's drinking antics).

FOUR topics are about Chelsea, SIX about Arsenal, FOUR about United and there are many other topics varying from Burglaries to trivia and from promotion to swine flu. May I suggest you perhaps look at the whole page in future?.

I was already geared up for you to voice your displeasure at my response BUT if you care to read my response properly, rather than sift through it and make what you want from the worst bits, you would see that the very start of my response is just me voicing my opinion of your topic (the point of any forum) and the rest of it IS a response to the actual question/suggestion you originally put forward. OR was I mistaken when you said "Who would you pick in your 23 man squad"?.

So forget about being pedantic for a while and you'll realise you may have jumped the gun a little. Don't worry though, I'm sure my sleep pattern wont be affected by your response :(

Ben Foster

Chris Kirkland

David James

Phill Jagielka

Rio Ferdinand

John Terry

Michael Dawson

AshleyCole

Micah Richards

Nedum Onuha??? Spelling???

Jolen Lescott

Stevie Gerrard

Frank Lampard

Gareth Barry

Michael Carrick

David Beckham

Joe Cole

Ashley Young

James Milner

Wayne Rooney

Peter Crouch

Gaby Abongalhor

Theo Walcott

GK - David JAMES

GK - Robert GREEN

DF - Glenn JOHNSON

DF - Rio FERDINAND

DF - Matthew UPSON

DF - James TOMPKINS

DF - Paul KONCHESKY

DF - Nigel REO COKER

MF - Jack COLLISON

MF - Frank LAMPARD

MF - Micheal CARRICK

MF - kieron DYER

MF - Scott PARKER

MF - Mark NOBLE

MF - Joe COLE

FW - Dean ASHTON

FW - Jermain DEFOE

FW- Carlton COLE

Can you spot the link???? :P everybody knows that if you want england to win the world cup you got to have some west ham players in it :clapper::thumbsup: :yahoo:

GK - David JAMES

GK - Robert GREEN

DF - Glenn JOHNSON

DF - Rio FERDINAND

DF - Matthew UPSON

DF - James TOMPKINS

DF - Paul KONCHESKY

DF - Nigel REO COKER

MF - Jack COLLISON

MF - Frank LAMPARD

MF - Micheal CARRICK

MF - kieron DYER

MF - Scott PARKER

MF - Mark NOBLE

MF - Joe COLE

FW - Dean ASHTON

FW - Jermain DEFOE

FW- Carlton COLE

Can you spot the link???? :P everybody knows that if you want england to win the world cup you got to have some west ham players in it :clapper::thumbsup::yahoo:

Oh if only Boa Morte was English eh :D , Loved and adored by ALL West Ham supporters :unsure::o :c:

GK - David JAMES

GK - Robert GREEN

DF - Glenn JOHNSON

DF - Rio FERDINAND

DF - Matthew UPSON

DF - James TOMPKINS

DF - Paul KONCHESKY

DF - Nigel REO COKER

MF - Jack COLLISON

MF - Frank LAMPARD

MF - Micheal CARRICK

MF - kieron DYER

MF - Scott PARKER

MF - Mark NOBLE

MF - Joe COLE

FW - Dean ASHTON

FW - Jermain DEFOE

FW- Carlton COLE

Can you spot the link???? :P everybody knows that if you want england to win the world cup you got to have some west ham players in it :clapper::thumbsup::yahoo:

Oh if only Boa Morte was English eh :D , Loved and adored by ALL West Ham supporters :unsure::o:c:

Quailty Coopsie! :o

In a year from now there could be MANY more players on Capello's radar, so this topic is somewhat premature and a bit of a waste of time.

Maybe the moderators of this forum can take this topic and lock it away for 12 months and then ask the same question this time next season?.

Afterall, surely football has not become so boring that we now have to have hypothetical debates?.

You're a bit tetchy today, Coopsie! :lol::lol: :lol:

You're a bit tetchy today, Coopsie! :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, that was yesterday mate.. Today I'm just pissed off...

You're a bit tetchy today, Coopsie! :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, that was yesterday mate.. Today I'm just pissed off...

LOL! :lol:

Seriously, I think the problems lie with who's going to be in goal.

Typical England fans, getting ahead of ourselves, we're not even qualified yet and we're picking World Cup squads!

Here's my attempt;

GK Ben Foster

GK David James

GK Paul Robinson

FB Glen Johnson

FB Ashley Cole

FB/DC Micah Richards

FB Leighton Baines

DC Rio Ferdinand

DC John Terry ©

DC Joleon Lescott

DC Jonathon Woodgate