Cornwall Football Forum

Your probably going to think i sound like a winging secretary when i say this but does anyone else think that fines are getting a bit out of hand! We have paid 500 plus this season to the c.c.f.a and league. whilst i appreciate that our players have racked them up i fail to see how they can justify fineing a club 25 pound for going over a points threshold. And they wonder why so many junior clubs are strugling!

Some people for whatever reason just will not hand over money even though they know they owe it! We have tried all sorts they know it's there and it needs paying and there is only so much chasing around i can do! I know who owes what and they can't leave without paying up which works to our advantage at times!

Excellent replies - no sympathy. Get them to pay their own fines, or stop them playing.

I also think that fines should be introduced for teams not fulfilling fixtures (not being a secretary or anything, I'm not sure about this, but believe it's only points that are awarded). It's crap that at the end of a season, some teams can't raise a team "cos of cricket" or some other lame excuse. Rubbish! Fine them £200 per game, then see how they manage to raise a team............

It's all very well saying to them that if they dont pay they dont play but as most management's in junior football would tell you if you stuck to your gun's about not playing we would never field 2 teams on a saturday. Having spoken to other secretary's i know it isn't just our club who struggle to get fine money out of players!

Sorry for not have much sympathy for you but it looks from your posts that the players run the club and with players not willing to pay the fines they have racked up (totally their problem) you also have a disciplnary problem. It`s no use blaming the League, CCFA and or the referee`s for issuing on field cautions when i think the problem is laid squarely on your own doorstep.

:SM_carton: B. MANNING IS BANG ON THE MONEY.IM AFFRAID TO TELL YOU BUT AS A MANAGER ITS YOU WHO HAVE CAUSED YOUR OWN PROBLEM. BY NOT DEALING WITH THE ISSUE CORRECTLY EARLIER IN THE PROCESS. AFTER 14 DAYS THE PLAYER NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR IMPORTANT YOU MY THINK HE IS.

SHOULD NOT BE PICKED. THATS DISCIPLINE. :SM_carton_y:

Guest Luffy

Unfortunately the way the CCFA have their fine system it means that they fine the player but the club is responsible for paying the fine. Then it is upto the club to get the money back if that is the policy of the club.

Personally I think the whole discipline and fine system run by the CCFA is totally out of order. Why do we as amateur players get 35 days ban for a red card but professional players only get either a one or three match ban. As to having to pay fines to them, it's like being asked to pay protection money from a racketeer. We play football as a hobby not a profession, and most of us do not get paid thousands of pounds a week, which means that players could struggle to pay fines, which are incurred because a person in the middle, who may or may not be that good at what they do says you have done something wrong.

Then their is the law that no under 18 can be fined financially, however, the CCFA still fine the club for a players card, but the player is quite in his right not to pay the club back as he can not be held financially responsible as he is under 18.

Of course you could always appeal to the CCFA against the cards that are issued or other charges brought against you or the club, but remember the ref is always right and beyond approach, he is whiter than white and even if you have proof that he is out of order they still do not believe you. Remember in football you are guilty and still guilty even if you can prove you are innocent.

I know they have to have a discipline procedure to uphold their laws, but instead of financial penalties, look at banning players but fairly for the crimes committed, dock points or kick the clubs out of leauges. At this time of a credit crunch many families are struggling to make ends meet, therefore, it would be nice for the authorities to help eleviate the burden that people face. Why should those who wish to have a hobby, have to stop because of fines they could receive, remember that most junior players pay to play anyway, if the authorities are not carefull they will have no grass roots football because clubs and players will just not be able to afford to play anymore.

Classic example about 6 weeks ago we had a player sent of twice in 1 game which were dealt with seperately which meant there were two financial fines his behaviour was descusting and as a club we took the decision to suspend him from the club. The club has now paid his fines! Of which i put on the bottom of the statement that the player is no longer with the club but yet as a club we are still responsible for paying it, lets face it we are not going to see that money again! All i can do as a secretary is send names of players who owe the club money to the c.c.f.a. I am not going to know if them are playing for another club and lets face it with the problem of playing unregistered players the way it is neither are they. All this money we pay them and what do we actually get back for it?

Unfortunately the way the CCFA have their fine system it means that they fine the player but the club is responsible for paying the fine. Then it is upto the club to get the money back if that is the policy of the club.

Personally I think the whole discipline and fine system run by the CCFA is totally out of order. Why do we as amateur players get 35 days ban for a red card but professional players only get either a one or three match ban. As to having to pay fines to them, it's like being asked to pay protection money from a racketeer. We play football as a hobby not a profession, and most of us do not get paid thousands of pounds a week, which means that players could struggle to pay fines, which are incurred because a person in the middle, who may or may not be that good at what they do says you have done something wrong.

Then their is the law that no under 18 can be fined financially, however, the CCFA still fine the club for a players card, but the player is quite in his right not to pay the club back as he can not be held financially responsible as he is under 18.

Of course you could always appeal to the CCFA against the cards that are issued or other charges brought against you or the club, but remember the ref is always right and beyond approach, he is whiter than white and even if you have proof that he is out of order they still do not believe you. Remember in football you are guilty and still guilty even if you can prove you are innocent.

I know they have to have a discipline procedure to uphold their laws, but instead of financial penalties, look at banning players but fairly for the crimes committed, dock points or kick the clubs out of leauges. At this time of a credit crunch many families are struggling to make ends meet, therefore, it would be nice for the authorities to help eleviate the burden that people face. Why should those who wish to have a hobby, have to stop because of fines they could receive, remember that most junior players pay to play anyway, if the authorities are not carefull they will have no grass roots football because clubs and players will just not be able to afford to play anymore.

Good points made there, i totally agree and unlike the rest of the heartless bunch who have commented i do feel sorry for crystal hood and other managers who have such irresponsible players at their clubs.

Its easy to come on hear and say 'if they dont pay, they dont play' and smugly patting yourself on the back as people jump on the bandwagon, agreeing with you.

Spare a thought for the poor manager who turns up for a game with a bare eleven, only to find out 2 or 3 cannot pay there subs. He has no choice but to play them does he?

I was under the impression that in this country that you cannot be punished unless you have done something wrong. If a player owes money, he should pay it, not the club and its other players who have to stump up the extra-cash to pay unfair fines.

Im sure somebody at the CCFA must have peeked beyond the curtains and noticed that we are in the middle of a very crippling recession and consider reducing the fees, subs and fines that players and clubs have to pay to enjoy there beloved game?

:c:

You always have the right of appeal, or plea of mitigation. The CCFA Hearing is there to ensure that the truth comes out. The mis-perception of the CCFA in this post may have come from the countless needless hearings that have gone on over the years. Also I know of cases where bans and/or fines have been reduced on appeal.

The easiest way, is not to do something to get cautioned/sent off in the first place! How many times this season have people seen players get cautioned for kicking the ball away? Or making a stupid needless comment to a match official? When are players going to actually learn the Laws of the Game!?

Regarding getting money back from players, I'm sure some European countries use an ID system at all levels of football. No card at match means the player does not play, full stop. These cards are given to the referee before the match kicks off, & the referee does not return any card for a player that he has sent off, & instead posts it to the the relevant authority who do not send it back until the fine has been paid, & the suspension served.

How about using a system similar over here, & the card is retained until such time the Club have been re-imbursed for the fine?