Cornwall Football Forum

DISRESPECT

Guest Chris B

Guest The Patriot

PPorth right backs (no 2- think gozzies cousin?) comments riuned the game today by saying

" WHY DONT YOU BOYS FCUK OFF AND DO WHAT YOUR GOOD AT, GETTING SHOT" to laughter from so called fans.. :angry:

As a proud serving member of the armed forces and someone who has had Friends given the ultimate sacrifice i find what you said disgusting.Will you be at the help for heroes game???

Cheers mate, what a Prize Prcik you are. Formal compliant going in and even better was that the league officals there heard it all :SM_carton:

Guest Sam Boston

If indeed that was what was said then I'm sure it will be dealt with by the management and committee of the football club. All I can say is that this is obviously the opinion of one person and not a representative opinion of Perranporth AFC. Well done to Culdrose today on a well played game :clapper:

I would of thought if such disrespectful comments where made and if there was a formal complaint being made coming on here and name calling won't help your case. I'm sure if the CCFA officials heard it too they would also write a report. :c:

On a more cheerful note i thought that the Culdrose linesman was fantastic today and did a great job from what i saw of him :D:clapper: :drink:

Fact:

"It is a criminal offence to verbally abuse a serving member of the armed forces in a public place".

This law was imposed and carried out on offenders recently in an incident in Peterborough,( a serving member of the armed forces was raising money for the help for heroes charity, and was stood in a shopping centre collecting money, he was wearing his No1 uniform) the offenders received 20hours of community service for their offences.

Beware who you offend in the future, and remember the person you abuse may not find it offensive but someone within hearing range may. that constitutes a criminal offence. shame on you No2. (The shirt number you wear is ironic don't you think).

A typical comment from an intellectually-challenged scum of the earth by the sounds of it! - lets put him in a combat situation and hear him scream for his mummy!!! Thats if you can get get him out of his (paid for by the social) dodgy Citroen Saxo and rip the stupid flat-peak baseball cap off his unwashed head!! It's a good job the Culdrose boys didn't take matters into their own hands and teach the oik a lesson in humility! God Save The Queen!

Guest sunnydelight

disgusting behavior !!!! this individual should be punished by doing community service and get a lengthly ban !!!! :SM_carton::SM_carton: no one should be insulting the people that do a great job for our country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WINNO

If this did happen and knowing who Perranporths number 2 is. Thats an if.

I feel it should be dealt with by the relavant authorities. They say kick the racism out of football but this is as if not worse.

I to served in war zones for Hm forces and find it highly disrespectful indeed. But like I said it should be dealt with properly and not with an Irish parliament on here.

I agree with Sams comments as well it would have only been a minority as plenty of Perranporths fans players and staff are good people.

Some idiots godda ruin it eh Sam bit like last week with me.....

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Luffy

PPorth right backs (no 2- think gozzies cousin?) comments riuned the game today by saying

" WHY DONT YOU BOYS FCUK OFF AND DO WHAT YOUR GOOD AT, GETTING SHOT" to laughter from so called fans.. :angry:

As a proud serving member of the armed forces and someone who has had Friends given the ultimate sacrifice i find what you said disgusting.Will you be at the help for heroes game???

Cheers mate, what a Prize Prcik you are. Formal compliant going in and even better was that the league officals there heard it all :SM_carton:

As an ex serviceman it just goes to show how certain people in this country have no respect for those who serve their country. The person concerned should be made to spend time training with those who have to serve on the front line. Those people who laughed at such a comment are no more than ignorant scum who obvious have no respect for anyone but themselves. The only sacrifice these so called citizens of this country have to make is not having a takeaway when their doll runs out. To all the serving members of our arm forces, keep up the good work, we are proud of what you do. All the best to those at RNAS Culdrose.

I would like to think that all straight-thinking persons would endorse Luffy's comments about such critics of our Servicemen, who are doing a job that most of us shy from.

It is disappointing if it is true that some of our football fraternity feel it clever to stoop to such depths and hopefully anyone found guilty will be dealt with by his own Club first and then CCFA.

Guest Peppermint

I cannot comment on the remarks because I was not there but if those remarks were made by a player then he should be serving a lengthy ban.

Anita's comments about the County FA officials - I think it would be more likely that the officials were Combination League officials than County. Hopefully if they heard the remarks then they will do something and not sweep it under the carpet and involve the County FA.

Hopefully Perranporth will also act - I am personally so sorry that any servicemen can be treated like that and join with Luffy in condemming this sort of yobbish behaviour that does no credit to Cornish Football.

Guest Man on the Post

Totally agree with the above posts - totally disgusting behaviour! :SM_carton:

I wonder if the player involved has the guts to come on this forum and post an apology? :angry2:

The matter will be dealt with I am sure in the correct manner and by the correct authorities within the club, League and County.

There were officials from both the Devon and the Cornwall County Football Associations who heard the comments at the game and who we have been told will take the matter forward as will we as a club.

As a Service Football Club I would wish that no more comments are made on this by members of our club and they now keep their dignity in an understandably emotionally charged situation.

Guest Sam Boston

I have spoken to our Club Secretary about this today and the matter is being dealt with. We will be contacting Culdrose to apologise for the comment made by our player yesterday but, on behalf of the committee and Perranporth AFC, I would like to publicly apologise on this forum and reiterate that the comment was the opinion of the payer alone and NOT that of Perranporth AFC.

Guest Peppermint

From Sam's comments it now seems obvious that the remarks were made and good that Perranporth Football Club are apologising to Culdrose but would it not be better if the player involved was big enough to eat humble pie and apologise.

Those who are forced by economic conditions to join the lines to kill total strangers, from whatever country, deserve the compassion that comes out of horror at all human suffering. Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

I'm unable, however, to join the patriotic chorus, especially the verbal attack on travellers by one contributor. My personal conviction is that all paid servicemen are victims of government, in many cases forced into their role because of the abysmal poverty and insecurity made by bankers, politicians and the rich. I do not think God, if she exists, is particularly enamopured of your English Queen. Like all anarchists, I believe in an underlying duty to perform institutional subversion consistent with humane principles.

Realising that Perranporth's number 2 is in fact quite a pleasant, sensitive and well-educated young man, the notion of the likes of Roberts or James seeking to pass moral judgement on his comments is hysterically funny, as both have the ideological sensitivity of a very large can of creosote.

I'm sad for a club that has so many good blokes running it that the idiot ginger mascot and her tattooed familiar have to come on here trying to sound judicious.

There are more things in heaven and earth, folks ! Let's just move on: I'm sure that when the lad thinks about what he said he'll probably apologise. If anybody gives him any aggro, the Tinners will happily sign him for next year and provide appropriate protection in the People's Republic of St Just.

:D:c: :c:

I wonder if this is the same right back that called the Newquay supporters a bunch of w**ers (wasn't even the judge either, ha ha!!), with a few extra expletives when Perranporth scored against Newquay in the combo league cup game?

Such a shame.

WELL FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO PERRANPORTH WELL DONE ON WINNING THE LEAGUE AND TO ALL THOSE WHO PLAYED AND RUN THE CLUB ETC...

I FURTHER MORE WAS NOT AT THIS GAME I WAS GONNA B BUT HAD NO CAR LOL...

BUT WELL DONE 2 SAM FOR APOLOGISING AND SAYIN MATTERS WILL BE DEALT WITH BUT IF U GO 2 A FOOTBALL GAME AND U RACIALLY ABUSE SUM1 U GET BANNED FOR A MIN OF 2 YEAR 2 LIFE. SO IF NUMBER 2 (UNKNOWN NAME AS YET) IS CONFIRMED AS MAKING THESE COMMENTS WHICH IN MY OWN OPINON FROM FORUM MSGS SEEMS VERY TRUE WILL HE BE WEARING A PPORTH SHIRT AGAIN AND GETTIN HIS MONEY AT THE END OF THE DAY HIGHLY LIKELY...

BUT AS I READ ON THE NET THE OTHER DAY PLAYERS CAN B REFUSED ENTRY TO A GROUND IF UR CLUB BANS THE PLAYER FOR COMING TO THERE GROUND.

BUT YET WE HOPE IT DOESNT COME TO THIS AND THAT THE INDIVIDUAL WILL GO 2 CULDROSE HIMSELF AND APOLOGISE.

AS FOR OTHER INCIDENTS IN THE MATCH WITH LAFFIN ETC ITS THE SAME AS THE 2 MEN THAT JUST GOT 2 YEAR BAN AS AN ATTACK ON SOL CAMPBELL. SO MAYB PERRANPORTH SHOULD SORT THINGS OUT OR THEY COULD B IN JEPORDY OF HAVING A VERY BAD NAME IN CORNISH FOOTBALL... WHEN INFACT THERE A GREAT TEAM I KNOW A FEW LADS AND THEY GOOD LADS SO I HOPE THEY DONT AND EVERYTHING IS DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY..

HAVIN RECENTLY PLAYED AGAINST CULDROSE IN FHFL WE MET A GREAT BUNCH OF LADS AND WE HAD BANTER AND FUN. WELL DONE LADS... AND I RESPECT EVERYONE IN THE FORCES FOR THERE ACTIONS AND SERVICE THEY CARRY OUT ON BEHALF OF ME AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.. HAVING MY BROTHER RICHARD THERE ONCE NUMBER 2 MIGHT KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO NOT KNOW IF HE IS COMING HOME ONE DAY 2 THE NEXT WHILST IN IRAQ OR AFGAN WITH HIS FAMILY. :c:

MANY THANKS AND WELL DONE ON WINNING THE COMBO LEAGUE LADS AND ALSO THE DUCHY DIV 5 TITLE.. GOOD SEASON!

AND GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE ...

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I wonder if this is the same right back that called the Newquay supporters a bunch of w**ers (wasn't even the judge either, ha ha!!), with a few extra expletives when Perranporth scored against Newquay in the combo league cup game?

Such a shame.

Not sure Isaac has hit the right note but I think we all agree the lad was 'out of order'. I'm sure, that if he does play SWPL football next season, his words may come back to haunt him. Some clubs supporters who have associations with HM Forces will no doubt let him know how they feel.

Perhaps he should take up the offer and sign for the THE TINNERS at least he would have to play CULDROSE again twice, if he is brave enough.

I thank Sam for her post.

Furthermore we have recieved a formal apology from the Club Secretary at Perranporth Football Club who has assured me that they will deal with the matter internally.

I have consulted those Committee members available and our Club Captain who are in agreement with me that this should now be the end of the matter and as a club we will not take this any further.

Whether the CCFA will take action against the individual concerned is another matter.

i think the no2 is called elliot

Did he star in ET ? If so, should be sent straight home to another planet. People like this person are complete idiots, have no brains either for coming out with comments like that. I sincerely hope CCFA and the league deal with this matter sooner rather then later.

After reading the comments and being a ex servicemen who served in the Falklands many years ago, i hope if this individual reads these comments he actually apologies first before the club.

These men like thousands before stand on the front line so all of us can play watch and comment on football on a saturday afternoon.

We have all been guilty of saying something and then regretting it afterwards but there is a level and this (footballer) said loosely i believe as gone below the line.

Lets up he gets his just rewards.

This post will probably upset a few of you, but this post sums up how football has changed for the worse, for many reasons, over the years.

In the past, players would say all sorts to each other and quite frankly, you would either sort it on the pitch, or afterwards forget all about it (well, perhaps forget it until the next time you played the guy that got you rankled in the first place!).

<_<

Sorry Dave you made be right on a lot of other occasions, but when you hit below the line you will expect to be punished.

Yes i agree we are a politcally correct nation now but if nothing gets done what happens the next time, do we just again say never mind a lot worse has been said before.

It's not just the players involved in Hms Culdrose its every servicemen now and before that will take offence.

He should be named and shamed before the ccfa.

I also don't think having ago at others from Perranporth is the right way to go either (idiot mascot and tattooed friend)

Isaac Rosenbourg whoever, the reason you can come on here and slag of our country is because of the current and ex veterans.

It's easy to move abroad if you don't like our country.

I am not surprised that this comment was made after having had dealings with the owner of PPorth on one occasion. When I ask the question about the entrance price his answer was pay it or f*** off and take the rest of the Newquay supporters with you. He said this in front of all the players so what do you expect.

I never suggested I was right, and indeed, in this politically correct nanny state we live in now, there's a lot of things I do and say and think that are wrong.

However, I've played against many a forces side in the past, and they always gave as good as they got! Why is it any different now?

If we go a step further, how many other remarks have we heard on a football pitch this season that we should complain to the CCFA about?

Previously Written Dave,

Fact:

"It is a criminal offence to verbally abuse a serving member of the armed forces in a public place".

This law was imposed and carried out on offenders recently in an incident in Peterborough,( a serving member of the armed forces was raising money for the help for heroes charity, and was stood in a shopping centre collecting money, he was wearing his No1 uniform) the offenders received 20hours of community service for their offences.

Beware who you offend in the future, and remember the person you abuse may not find it offensive but someone within hearing range may. that constitutes a criminal offence. shame on you No2. (The shirt number you wear is ironic don't you think).

Guest Sport Lover

If true and it sounds more and more like it is true.

That person should be named and shamed, apologise and be punished to prevent others from doing the same.

People are losing theirs lifes in all wars and I hope he doesnt have a friend or colleague out there that doesnt come back.

He really needs to grow up.

If true and it sounds more and more like it is true.

That person should be named and shamed, apologise and be punished to prevent others from doing the same.

People are losing theirs lifes in all wars and I hope he doesnt have a friend or colleague out there that doesnt come back.

He really needs to grow up.

But why are our guys and girls having to go and fight in Iraq and Affy? And even the Falklands? The comments he said was not really the done thing but i probably don't think he meant it ! Disrespect!! look on the television and see what some fans shout abuse at the players and vice versa! Cotton wool nah! :c: Heat of the moment maybe.

I'm sad for a club that has so many good blokes running it that the idiot ginger mascot and her tattooed familiar have to come on here trying to sound judicious.

Please before you come on here calling me READ what i wrote. I NEVER backed this player IF he made these comments. I just said MAYBE coming on here calling people names would not help their case. It IS wrong for people to make these comments to service men and women BUT it is also wrong to call people scum and such in public. Now get a F**king life and get off of mine and Sams back. I've had enough of your stupid childish comments and digs at me and Sam this season. Oh and Sam IS NOT ginger and without the WOMEN down Perranporth the club would not run so smoothly.

Well done to Perranporth for sorting the player out themselfs and i hope that its delt with in the right manner by the CCFA or who ever it goes to.

Rant over

Guest Sam Boston

I find it saddening and yet quite predictable that you would use a thread titled "Disrespect" to be disrespectful Rodney - you just can't help it can you?

Guest RedDel

I usually find Mr Beers’s comments quite amusing, but I have to agree with Sam this time. His measured remarks are much more insulting than a young lad’s stupid outburst. As an ex-serviceman who learnt his trade in the Armed Forces I think that his juvenile dismissal of service to his country is quite disgraceful.

Guest Treyew22

No-one on this thread has yet discussed the events leading up to the alleged comment. I was at the match and this is what I and many others present witnessed:

The first half was littered with incident and the usual 'verbal comments' from both sides. However there were some more memorable ones, one after a nasty incident when the Culdrose player involved shouted 'get up you f@!ing civil *****'.

Another comment that stood out for me when a Perranporth player was brought down was 'we're the armed forces, be a real man and f@!ing get up'

In the second half, there was a particularly bad challenge, which occurded in front of the Culdrose dugout, off the ball, from behind on Ian Gosling (for which a lenient yellow card was given). This was greeted with cries from the Culdorse manager 'next time kick him harder and higher and break his f@!ing legs'. This was obviously upsetting for the Perranporth right back as he IS a close relative of Ian Gosling.

Being one of the people stood near the clubhouse, who the previous poster referred to as 'gypos' and 'scum' (surely racist comments like this have no place on this website?), I can assure you we were laughing in amazement at the style of management displayed by Culdrose, as when Gossie challenged the managers comment the manager turned to the clubhouse and shouted 'we're the armed forces'. This led to the response from the Perranporth player - the comment was directed at the player who made the awful tackle.

The contiued reference to the Culdrose players being members of the armed forces has no relevence in a game of football, every player on the pitch has a profession but it when you come to play football what you do off the pitch shouldn't come into it.

Whilst two wrongs don't make a right, there are always two sides to every story.

As suggested by Dave Deacon surely what's happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch.

Guest Treyew22

As for Sam Boston stating that the club have apologised has she or the club actually spoken to the player involved or taken what The Patriot has said as read?

Guest nets

This was greeted with cries from the Culdorse manager 'next time kick him harder and higher and break his f@!ing legs'. This was obviously upsetting for the Perranporth right back as he IS a close relative of Ian Gosling.

having read the details behind the incident I'm not surprised that the perranporth players first thought wasnt

that this is someone that clearly deserves my respect!!!

Then again I suppose I'm just another ' f***ing civillian ******' myself.

Guest The Patriot

No-one on this thread has yet discussed the events leading up to the alleged comment. I was at the match and this is what I and many others present witnessed:

The first half was littered with incident and the usual 'verbal comments' from both sides. However there were some more memorable ones, one after a nasty incident when the Culdrose player involved shouted 'get up you f@!ing civil *****'.

Another comment that stood out for me when a Perranporth player was brought down was 'we're the armed forces, be a real man and f@!ing get up'

In the second half, there was a particularly bad challenge, which occurded in front of the Culdrose dugout, off the ball, from behind on Ian Gosling (for which a lenient yellow card was given). This was greeted with cries from the Culdorse manager 'next time kick him harder and higher and break his f@!ing legs'. This was obviously upsetting for the Perranporth right back as he IS a close relative of Ian Gosling.

Being one of the people stood near the clubhouse, who the previous poster referred to as 'gypos' and 'scum' (surely racist comments like this have no place on this website?), I can assure you we were laughing in amazement at the style of management displayed by Culdrose, as when Gossie challenged the managers comment the manager turned to the clubhouse and shouted 'we're the armed forces'. This led to the response from the Perranporth player - the comment was directed at the player who made the awful tackle.

The contiued reference to the Culdrose players being members of the armed forces has no relevence in a game of football, every player on the pitch has a profession but it when you come to play football what you do off the pitch shouldn't come into it.

Whilst two wrongs don't make a right, there are always two sides to every story.

As suggested by Dave Deacon surely what's happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch.

Sorry Scooby but can't sit by and read such Rubbish. I am writing this with the club captain.

Thier were representitives from the FA at the game who fully back up the Culdrose Manager to what was said. And the claim about hitting someone harder and higher is complete rubbish. It wasn't off the ball it was a late tackle from behind and was dealt with by the ref who saw the incident. 'We're the Armed Forces'?? That was shouted after The comment was said about being shot, as a reminder about what he has saying!! Regardless at what was said and whom directed at is irrelavant as it was out of order. I see nothing has been mentioned about the Culdrose spectator - Bill (70+yrs) who had to leave the game before the final whistle due to harrassment from the groups of lads between the dugout drinking Bud i believe! Get up you civil *****. Every week if a Culdrose player gets fouled we get "Get up you fags your ment to be harder than that" but we never complain because thats what happens down here. But saying what was said was a big step too far.

and as for me making this up, I don't think the PPorth Sec would ring our Chairman to apologise if nothing had happened.

So what happens on a pitch stays on a pitch?? Well thats an easy way out.

Guest Peppermint

That is very worrying Patriot if such a respected figure in Cornish Football as Bill Pearce [i presume you mean] had to leave early because of the yobbish behaviour of idiots.

What is the point of clubs displaying signs and league rules etc. about no alcohol on the pitch or surround and all these fine upstanding officials of Counties and the Combination League burying their head in the sand. What are they going to do about that.

I am very sorry that such a well respected figure as Bill Pearce is treated in that manner - I am rather upset that Dave Deacon and Rod Beer can treat this matter in such a cavalier manner.

I too enjoy the humour of Mr Beer but surely this is taking things too far.

Patriot don't take this the wrong way, I served in the Navy for 4 years myself. But I just can't understand why you started this post. Surely if there were league officials at the game something would have been done about it anyway. You also state that a complaint was made, this should have been enough for you. It sounds to me like his comments had the desired effect and more than likely affected the way your team played.

What i found incredible about this incident was that all the gypo's out side the clubhouse actually laughing and cheering about these comment's. Showed up as the scum of the earth. Congratulations on deservedly winning the league to Perranporth, but as a serving member of the forces i can only wish your no. 2 the worst misfortune for next season.

Calling people gypo's doesn't really help your situation!

Guest Treyew22

No Patriot, myself and many other supporters heard it, and I hope that Perranporth will submit a complaint to the CCFA too as such behaviour from a manager is disgraceful. I'm of the understanding that you were on the otherside of the pitch at the time so how you are so clear of the 'facts' I'm not sure? Chinese whispers springs to mind.

As for your supporter having to leave before the end, is this the same reported who turned to the clubhouse and shouted 'that's it get you're pound notes out' and 'you've bought this league, let's see if you can buy the next' along with telling a Perran player to 'get some balls and be a real man during the game?

Guest nets

I was at the game on saturday. I was standing too far down the touchline to hear individual comments made but Treyew22s account of events makes sense against what I saw. I.E.

bad tackle on Ian Gosling resulting in card for culdrose player.

next thing I saw was perranporth players 'react' to something from Culdrose dugout.

next thing culdrose 'react' to something said back.

the last thing was the Culdrose manager coming to edge of pitch loading an imaginary rifle put it to his shoulder adjust sights etc and aiming it at the right back, waiting until the player was looking and then simulating shooting him.

Plenty of people saw what I saw.

The older gentlemen you refer to, I think, is the one i saw on the final whistle as i walked to the car. He was trying to get on the pitch and was being restrained by culdrose subs and shouting something along the lines of 'youve won the league now with your pound notes(!?!) are you satisfied'. As I got to the car i looked back and he was still giving it some stick.

I'm sure that someone will come on here shortly to confirm that all of the incidents that took place are included in Culdrose's 'formal complaint'.

Guest Sport Lover

Lack of respect all around, ref, players and Supporters.

Is football the only sport that attracts this lack of respect? if so why?