Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock move to stop any further speculation or rumour!

GREAT NEWS FOR THE LAMBS

As normal at this time of year there are so numerous rumours going around the local football circuit, to squash any speculation as Chairman of Tavistock A.F.C. I am delighted to announce that Ian Southcott has agreed to continue as Manager of the football club for at least another two seasons.

“Ian has done a magnificent job as manager since joining the club, with the limited resources available. Continuity can only be for the good for both parties, as our working relationship is based similar principals.”

Since the formation of the S.W. PENINSULA LEAGUE two years ago, the club has finished tenth in the inaugural season, and in sixth position last term. Ian can take great credit in achieving these positions. He works extremely hard on behalf of the club, and I know that he is already looking for new signings for the squad”

“I am looking forward to continue working with Ian and can assure all the loyal supporters that whatever decisions have to be made, it will be done in the interest of the club”.

Derek Pethick ( Chairman )

Nice club Tavi. Look forward to going there next season to see how the ground is coming on. One little thing....St Blazey for years have always played Tavi away at the end of the season. The chairmans notes that he rights in August could do with updating by then!! :P