Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Cup Final

Guest Peppermint

I am hoping to attend and I think one thing of interest for many of us neutrals is the Porthleven line up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Peppermint

Players who have left Porthleven earlier in the season who may play tonight in the Final. I think something similar happened in the Semi Final!

For those who want to watch a good game of football, or perhaps watch Penzance win the Durning Lawrence Charity Cup for the first time since 1949, go along to the following tonight

Durning Lawrence Cornwall Charity Cup Final

Porthleven v Penzance

Kernick Road, Penryn

7:30pm kick-off

COME ON THE 'PIES

trevor told me u eat all the pies :clapper: :clapper:

The decisions of the Porthleven 1st team manager with his team selection and his substitutions in last nights Charity Cup Final bodes the question whether his heart and mind is with job, or his known downfall in losing it when a player disagrees with him and then leaving him out of the side. Toys and prams come to mind !!! Darren Burchell is a fine example, a player who has had a fine season with some crucial goals, left stewing on the bench when the game cried out for his class and vision.

The rumour is that if Mr Marks stays the bulk of the squad will leave for pastures new. I believe that Kevin Richards should be given a chance. His loyalty to Porthleven is without question and his management skills will hopefully ensure that players will remain, and some further additions will enable Porthleven to regain their credibility with supporters and the league alike.

Im pretty certain that the majority of the current Porthleven squad will be playing at different clubs next year regardless of who is in charge. However I do think that the right man to take them on is Kev Richards using local players who want to play for him and the club, much like Jim Hilton has done at Newquay.