Cornwall Football Forum

Micky wasn't there!

Yesterday's Western Morning News reporting on the SWPL Division One West Saturday programme seemed a little strange! As far as I understand, the outgoing manager wasn't at the match!

"CALLINGTON Town's 2-0 home defeat to champions Penzance was manager Micky Hunt's last in charge of the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Division One West outfit.

Hunt would have liked to have left Callington on a winning note but Penzance proved to be just too strong, although it took several fine saves from veteran goalkeeper Sid Taylor to keep their forwards at bay."

Guest local_football_supporter

as his best mate micky wont be commenting much on callington anymore only to say that they have let him down after his announcement of leaving the club. micky was not at the game.

In what way did they let him down ?

I have heard rumours about underhand activity being a reason why hunt left callington a few times since the weekend now and from different people as well.

i aint at callington no more so "rumours" you have heard i wouldnt be able to confirm, but he did say to me that the chairman phoned him up saying players were going up to him, but that is nothing hunty can do now he left, let the club deal with it, see how they deal without micky or myself at the club, especially as some of the players are on their way out. if you are pointing the finger at your underhand rumour at micky, then think again cause i know that couple of players have said to him that wherever he goes then they would like to follow. for instance jonny wyatt. class right back best in the league. also heard the masons are off to tavistock. the vice chairman of callington stated mid season that if micky was to leave he would go to so it will be a busy season as far as the restruction of callington goes. good luck to them, i look forward to returning there later this year.

Oh dear ... my opening post was remarking about the fact that the paper made it sound as if he was at the match! A lot more has been revealed, rather than the fact that I thought it was a shame that the outgoing manager couldn't have been present for the last match of the season!

The fact he wasn't kind of suggests that he left under a cloud!

The club will not be commenting on the Micky Hunt situation at the present time.

why not????? seems very strange all this and the above remark from the cally chairman just fuels the rumours about underhand tactics. plymstock better hide

Guest ajlongcallington

Sorry Local Football Supporter - tried to delete one part to avoid any confusion, ended up deleting the whole of it!!

We are pleased to announce that Lee Beer has been appointed the Peninsula South Western League Manager for Callington Town for the coming season, and that our vice chairman is not disappearing as suggested by others!

We are looking forward to the new season but like others will enjoy the "quiet time" for the next few weeks>

Have a great summer.

Regards

Andrew

Why have you changed your orginal post ?

At first you said this

The club will not be commenting on the Micky Hunt situation at the present time.

and now you have removed that altogether.

People will continue to ask and discuss why one of the brightest up and coming managers had to quit so promptly unless you make a statement regarding it , Especially seeing as there is question marks over his departure.

Very strange that he quit with one game of the season left !

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

when we win promotion, this is what we'll sing, lee beer, lee beers team... eeee iii eee iiiii eee ii ooo

Even in print, that is definately out of tune ! Promotion ? You clearly are not enLIGHTened as to the FA rules for 2010-11.

Guest bigdawg1

Even in print, that is definately out of tune ! Promotion ? You clearly are not enLIGHTened as to the FA rules for 2010-11.

• 3 weeks later...